Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ford Caught Testing Worksite Special Single-Cab Version Of 2023 Ranger

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/06/f...te-special-single-cab-version-of-2023-ranger/

2023 Ranger.jpg

Mid-size pickup fans are increasingly well-served and the latest spy pictures seem to suggest that things are going to get better with a utilitarian single-cab version of the Ford Ranger caught testing with the steering wheel on the left side.

The truck is significant because until recently, the shortest Ranger currently available for American buyers is the XL, which has half-doors behind the front ones. This would likely be an even more function-focused alternative.

This left-hand-drive single-cab Ranger also suggests that Ford is planning on making the Ranger a world truck, rather than making different versions for different markets. That’s a similar strategy to the one reportedly being taken by Chevrolet and GMC with the upcoming Colorado/Canyon.

Spy shots from early in May suggest that the Ranger will grow a bit as compared to the current model and that its design will become a little more rectangular, making the Ranger look a little more like the F-150 than this generation does.

Rumor has it that the Ranger is moving onto the T6 platform and so will share its underpinnings with the Bronco. That would give the pickup access to the same engines as the Bronco, which are a 2.3-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder with 270 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque and a 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 developing 310 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque, though some reports claim that those figures are conservative.

A next-gen Ranger Raptor has also been spotted testing and reports suggest that it will be powered by a 3.0-liter V6 making more than 400 hp and 415 lb-ft of torque. That’s the same engine as is expected in the high-performance Bronco that is no longer expected to be called the Warthog. When that is revealed, though, it may provide us with a better idea of what the next Ranger Raptor will be like.

Ford is expected to unveil the next-generation Ranger in early 2022 and that it will be sold as a model year 2023 vehicle.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Sarge104

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
19 FR, 13 VB, 95 GS MH, 00 HE
Occupation
County Cemetery District, SAR volunteer
Of course the version I wanted took three years to make...hahah, the article makes me wonder what a turbo'ed V6 would be like in the current small chassis.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
So looks like they might "F150-ize" the front end (blockify it), leave the rest as-is more or less?

I personally despise the look of F150s so I'm not getting to worked up about having the old design.

I would not mind a paint job that looks like that camo suit that thing is wearing... haha.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
No kidding! There's been a few on here who complain that ours is way to short now so they should really love this one. lol
raising my hand, but I'd prefer 7' bed with slightly extended cab. enough to fit an snow brush and shovel

Noface

First Name
Jes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Nerd
So looks like they might "F150-ize" the front end (blockify it), leave the rest as-is more or less?
The slopped front end was one of the biggest appeals to me for the ranger. It’s really nice to be able to see over the front end when out on trails.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
The slopped front end was one of the biggest appeals to me for the ranger. It’s really nice to be able to see over the front end when out on trails.
yeah, well, the peanut gallery wanted a bigger engine instead of visibility

Deleted member 9836

That’s why 360 degree cams are all the rage in the off-road vehicles these days…

lawrench

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew FX4 Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
How long before a step-side version?
Sponsored