Here’s a new one

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Can’t figure this one out. When I have my iPhone plugged in to the USB port and Rhe CEolay screen is in the display, the background colors are horrendous, hideous actually. How do I change this? With the phone not plugged it the background is as I chose. As soon as the phone is plugged in, the ugly background appears.

Please help. Thanks -
Mark
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Well one way you could fix this is to get rid of an iPhone and go to an Android! LOL!

Not to be a little serious about this LOL. The best thing you can probably do is when the screen comes up on the radio is to find the settings page. I know for Android auto there's a settings page but thankfully I have not had to worry about it since it has some pretty good settings as it is. That is my suggestion on this. Hope that helps

OP
OP

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Well one way you could fix this is to get rid of an iPhone and go to an Android! LOL!

Not to be a little serious about this LOL. The best thing you can probably do is when the screen comes up on the radio is to find the settings page. I know for Android auto there's a settings page but thankfully I have not had to worry about it since it has some pretty good settings as it is. That is my suggestion on this. Hope that helps
Settings on the phone or settings on the Ford screen? I have tried the Ford Screen with no luck.
Thanks.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I would suspect on the Ford screen but there's also a possibility on the phone as well. Because I have not messed with the Apple platform I am not 100% sure on this.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Once you're in Carplay, go to the settings app. There is an option to change wallpaper in there. iOS 14 has some newer wallpapers that are a couple of colors swirled together. None are all that attractive, but there is a plain black and a grey as well, I believe.

OP
OP

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Once you're in Carplay, go to the settings app. There is an option to change wallpaper in there. iOS 14 has some newer wallpapers that are a couple of colors swirled together. None are all that attractive, but there is a plain black and a grey as well, I believe.
thanks for the info. Which setting screen? On the phone or on the Ford screen?

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
thanks for the info. Which setting screen? On the phone or on the Ford screen?
Once you get Carplay up on the truck's display there will be a Settings app along with all the various other apps like Phone, Messages, and Music.
1606008128391.png

1606008271652.png

It might end up on the second page of apps, so you might have to swipe over a page. First pic is from a BMW, but I was trying find a screenshot with the Settings app displayed. :)

OP
OP

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Once you get Carplay up on the truck's display there will be a Settings app along with all the various other apps like Phone, Messages, and Music.
1606008128391.png

1606008271652.png

It might end up on the second page of apps, so you might have to swipe over a page. First pic is from a BMW, but I was trying find a screenshot with the Settings app displayed. :)
Thank you very much. Hate to say it but they are all ugly.

OP
OP

Mark W

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Thank you very much. Hate to say it but they are all ugly.
Thank you Dahveed. Found exactly what you pointed out and changed it. Still not great but so much better. Can live with what I have up there now.

Mark.
Sponsored