Anyone with a Supercab tired one of these?

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 XLT SuperCrew 4x2. Former '21 SuperCab Owner
https://tracelectronics.com.au/shop...suits-ford-ranger-passengers-window-switches/

It's a one touch window module. The site says you attach it to the windows that you want 1 touch on and then that switch and the master switch will have 1 touch to that window. I mention this for Supercabs because you'd have to buy three for a Super Crew. It would be around $60 shipped at todays 1 USD to 1.37 AUD exchange rate, so I'm considering giving it a shot.
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
https://tracelectronics.com.au/shop...suits-ford-ranger-passengers-window-switches/

It's a one touch window module. The site says you attach it to the windows that you want 1 touch on and then that switch and the master switch will have 1 touch to that window. I mention this for Supercabs because you'd have to buy three for a Super Crew. It would be around $60 shipped at todays 1 USD to 1.37 AUD exchange rate, so I'm considering giving it a shot.
Let us know how it goes. I might be interested too.

machinist85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a

I ordered one. I'll let you know how it go's. But it'll probably take a couple weeks to get here from kangaroo island.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Hi Jedadiah,

May I ask a favor please? May you detail the process of removing door panel and where to plug the module in with a couple photos so I can see what I’m working with? It says it’s really easy but I’ve never done any wiring things and the unknown anxiety worries me slightly. I would love this on the super cab.

Warm regards,
Brandon

OP
OP
Jedadiah

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Jedadiah,

May I ask a favor please? May you detail the process of removing door panel and where to plug the module in with a couple photos so I can see what I’m working with? It says it’s really easy but I’ve never done any wiring things and the unknown anxiety worries me slightly. I would love this on the super cab.

Warm regards,
Brandon
When it arrives, I will for sure. Honestly I'm hoping it would fit though the hole where the switch goes, but who knows?

Last edited:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
So it only allows one touch up/down an not remote opening/closing

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Doesn't one of the Redtek modules do this?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
When it arrives, I will for sure. Honestly I'm hoping it would fit though the hole where the switch goes, but who knows?
Thank you so much.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Doesn't one of the Redtek modules do this?
I think that one is $160 and for the four Screw windows. I thought about it but $160 was a bit too much for that function. $60 is a pretty good price point I am willing to pay.

OP
OP
Jedadiah

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is just one touch. No auto windows. I really liked the global windows I've been able to program on my VW's over the years, but I like the way they work better than what I've seen from the auto open/close modules for our trucks.

On a VW, you just hold the unlock and it'll start rolling down the windows. Holding lock will close them. Hitting lock, unlock, lock and then lock to stop again, etc just seems confusing.

Also, it seems that enough people get ones that are wired wrong or sometimes stop working. I don't want to have to remove the door panel again to trouble shoot. I also haven't seen or heard if they work on a Supercab, which only has one other windows to control.

I hadn't seen just a one touch module from Redtek, which doesn't mean they don't exist. This company also has key fob window modules as well.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I think that one is $160 and for the four Screw windows. I thought about it but $160 was a bit too much for that function. $60 is a pretty good price point I am willing to pay.
This is just one touch. No auto windows. I really liked the global windows I've been able to program on my VW's over the years, but I like the way they work better than what I've seen from the auto open/close modules for our trucks.

On a VW, you just hold the unlock and it'll start rolling down the windows. Holding lock will close them. Hitting lock, unlock, lock and then lock to stop again, etc just seems confusing.

Also, it seems that enough people get ones that are wired wrong or sometimes stop working. I don't want to have to remove the door panel again to trouble shoot. I also haven't seen or heard if they work on a Supercab, which only has one other windows to control.

I hadn't seen just a one touch module from Redtek, which doesn't mean they don't exist. This company also has key fob window modules as well.
Gotcha.

Wasn't aware of the price point or SCrew limitations.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
With the global module for all windows. The issue for some of us that don’t have factory fob remote starting we added on the StartX module to get that functionality. It uses the same button sequence to lower the windows remotely as it does to start the truck. I’m a New Englander and don’t need my windows down every time I start in the middle of the winter! ?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
With the global module for all windows. The issue for some of us that don’t have factory fob remote starting we added on the StartX module to get that functionality. It uses the same button sequence to lower the windows remotely as it does to start the truck. I’m a New Englander and don’t need my windows down every time I start in the middle of the winter! ?
Oh. That is a definitely good mention. Was not aware that it uses the factory fob remote starting.

Haha, you sure you don't need a nice cold icy vehicle to shock you awake in the AM? :crackup:

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT

That is one of the things I miss about my GTI was the OEM remote window operation and one touch window operation on all 4 doors.
Sponsored