Anyone with a Supercab tired one of these?

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
When it arrives, I will for sure. Honestly I'm hoping it would fit though the hole where the switch goes, but who knows?
I just had my door panel off yesterday - installed the REDtek module. The REDtek module would fit through the opening when the window switch is removed. There are two additional wires you need to connect (for the global window feature) which require the removal of the door panel.
In total, both modules took me an hour to install. Several pictures taken, and colour blind, so yeah…

- Remove the tweeter trim by pulling straight out. Disconnect the single plug and set aside.
- Remove (pry, clipped in place along perimeter of panel) small cover panel behind door handle - exposing 1 screw.
- Remove the outer part of the door pull (pry, held in place by several clips), this runs along the bottom of the arm rest - exposing 2 screws.
- Pry up on the window switch panel. Start from the back. Disconnect and set aside.
- Remove the two screws at the bottom of the door panel, beneath the map pocket.
- Remove the three screws you exposed by prying off the trim panels.
* All 5 screws are the same, small torx.
- Pull the door panel out towards you, starting from the bottom and working up. There are a few clips along both sides and the bottom.
- Gently lift up on the door panel to lift it out of the window sill. Support the door while disconnecting the door handle cable, door lock connector, and the plug for ambient lighting (if equipped). Take care with the ambient lighting connector - the light tube is fragile.
- Looking behind the door panel at the door handle, you will see a clip towards the rear of the vehicle. Pry that open and rotate the door handle cable towards the front of the vehicle. It will disengage and release.

There is plenty of room in the armrest area for these modules. Be sure to keep the module on the “warm” side of the foam barrier in the door - between the door panel you removed and the foam. Anything in the door cavity (where the window sits) is susceptible to moisture.

Here are a couple pictures I took throughout the process.

A9B6F246-990E-4F5C-8ECD-1B03EE8B9082.jpeg
BAFF201C-C0EE-4F17-B471-68D2B8B7E7B6.jpeg
71D4E7F8-8513-46EF-98CB-A4ED132EEA86.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jedadiah

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Supercab 4x2
The module I ordered has no extra wires. Plug the truck's switch harness into it and harness from the module into the switch, so hopefully the door card can stay on. No idea when it will arrive, but I'll find out.

I assume the windows with the fob module needs to steal power from the door locks, so that it can work with the locks.

OP
OP
Jedadiah

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I pulled up my passenger door switch (and of course broke a clip!!!) and the plug is pretty small, so based on the picture, the module should easily slip into the hole.

There is one clip on the back. I think the only way to not break it is to pull loosen the door card or maybe just the trim under the switch??

At any rate, I'll need a new clip.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Only thing that comes to mind on this is if you make a non one touch switch into a one touch, will it have jam protection ? Auto reverse if you will.

OP
OP
Jedadiah

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only thing that comes to mind on this is if you make a non one touch switch into a one touch, will it have jam protection ? Auto reverse if you will.
Hadn't thought of that. I'll have to test that too. Do the Key Fob control modules have pinch protection?

I was able to get the clip by loosening the bottom of the door card a bit!

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Nice option!
I really like Not having one touch on the passenger side because I like to "crack" the window just a little when I park in hot weather and the one touch keeps over reacting on the driver's side.
The driver's side is redeemed by the fact that one touch is nice at drive ups and toll booths.

I have not seen a vehicle made in the last decade which can be driven with the windows down without having that annoying buffeting above 20MPH.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I can't quite figure it out but for some reason I'm mesmerized by your avatar. What was that you wrote about?

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hadn't thought of that. I'll have to test that too. Do the Key Fob control modules have pinch protection?

I was able to get the clip by loosening the bottom of the door card a bit!
That's so important because a young child died two days ago in Arizona from a window that went up. It might not have mattered in her case because of the amount of pressure on that window but it might have. So sad! My heart goes out to that family.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
- Gently lift up on the door panel to lift it out of the window sill. Support the door while disconnecting the door handle cable, door lock connector, and the plug for ambient lighting (if equipped). Take care with the ambient lighting connector - the light tube is fragile.

And I broke my ambient light tube! UGH! Yes they are fragile!

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
It'd be great if they put out a single low cost module that added one touch only to all 4 windows. I don't care about, need, or want remote window operation. Just would love to have my one-touch on all windows back.

Yes.. Yes they are. Luckily they are not too expensive. Runs around $28 for the passenger door lamp. EB3Z-14A318-A Not sure if the driver's side is the same part or not though.

Danager

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge
Occupation
Manager
It'd be great if they put out a single low cost module that added one touch only to all 4 windows. I don't care about, need, or want remote window operation. Just would love to have my one-touch on all windows back.

Yes.. Yes they are. Luckily they are not too expensive. Runs around $28 for the passenger door lamp. EB3Z-14A318-A Not sure if the driver's side is the same part or not though.
Guess how I know it is fragile…
I just lined up the two ends and put a wrap of tape around it. Works fine

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I have not seen a vehicle made in the last decade which can be driven with the windows down without having that annoying buffeting above 20MPH.
☝ this. The first time I drove at highway speed in my (then new) 2003 VW with the windows down I thought there was a catastrophic failure in the exhaust or something. It produced some kind of horrible harmonics that just pounded in the eardrums. And the chest.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I emailed the company an got a response the next day. I asked if they offered a module for supercab rangers to get one touch down on the passenger window an remote closing the windows. They only make the one touch down module for the supercab. I just want to be able to leave the windows cracked an roll them up from inside if rain rolls in so I'm outta luck.
Sponsored