ac_perks

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Any install updates? I would think minus the box/packaging it would land around 70# or less...
Started the install late today and ran out of light so will pick back up tomorrow. There is some required modification to the stock bumper - not just a straight bolt-on. Attached the install instructions for anyone curious.

What kind of winch is everyone pairing with this bumper?
I am doing a Warn VR Evo 12-S, which is also what @HoosierT has and what they used for the test fit.
Sponsored

Attachments

Sako887

First Name
Sarkis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I installed mine yesterday, but the fit wasn’t as clean as the original pictures. I ended up having gaps on the sides, the top where it meets the plastic trim, and the bull bar is touching the bumper. Tried everything and it just didn’t want to line up. It sticks out about a 1/4 of an inch. I’ll post some pictures when I get a chance today. Got pretty frustrated with it. Let me know how your installs go. I’m eventually going to take it all apart again and give it another go.

Sako887

First Name
Sarkis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Also, it looks like you need to remove the existing bolts where the bumper connects to the frame. There’s an X frame looking thing on the back of the support that the bolts are attached too. As far as I could tell, you need to remove that to use the supplied hardware from Shrockworks. The instructions are a little vague when it came to that part. I ended up using the existing hardware and didn’t remove the original bolts, but I don’t see how that would effect the fit in any way.

rngrzone

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 Oxford White
I got mine this week and installed yesterday. Took a lot of effort and the instructions are not great. Had to redo some work I could have avoided with the right order of operations.

I paired it with a warn Xeon and it fits snugly. I had to mount it on the plate before lifting it into place because the winch wouldn’t pass the front plates. Very happy with the quality.

Also it definitely sits closer to the bumper then I thought. Mine squishes the license plate.

@ac_perks any idea how to install the ACC mount? I bought it but it didn’t come with any instructions so left it out for now.

2F243CCB-C639-4BA2-9EB0-5ED41E1CDBE9.jpeg

ac_perks

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@ac_perks any idea how to install the ACC mount? I bought it but it didn’t come with any instructions so left it out for now.
yeah - it’s an ADD bracket, instructions are here:

https://www.addictivedesertdesigns....ger-ACC-Bracket-Installation-Instructions.pdf

Mounts behind the grill. I also have a raptor grill, which the instructions say you need to remove to do the install. I think with the bumper off for the winch mount install and an extra set of hands you can do it without fully removing the grill but haven’t gotten that far yet, had to handle a few other things today. Since it was such a tight fit getting that in I’m just trying to avoid that if I can.

ac_perks

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mounts behind the grill. I also have a raptor grill, which the instructions say you need to remove to do the install. I think with the bumper off for the winch mount install and an extra set of hands you can do it without fully removing the grill but haven’t gotten that far yet, had to handle a few other things today. Since it was such a tight fit getting that in I’m just trying to avoid that if I can.
Got the ACC bracket mounted without removing the grill. With the bumper off, it's tight and an extra set of hands helps but not too bad.

Winch and OEM bumper back on today as well. Should have everything finished up tomorrow.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Got the ACC bracket mounted without removing the grill. With the bumper off, it's tight and an extra set of hands helps but not too bad.

Winch and OEM bumper back on today as well. Should have everything finished up tomorrow.
Update pics? The option for clevis shackles means just the shackles right? The mounting point for the shackles is part of this set up correct? Reason I ask is I already have shackles...

ac_perks

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update pics? The option for clevis shackles means just the shackles right? The mounting point for the shackles is part of this set up correct? Reason I ask is I already have shackles...
Correct on the shackles - it doesn’t come with them just the mounting points.

Out of town for a couple weeks but I’ll snap some pics when I get back. Definitely happy with it and would recommend.

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired

ac_perks

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

22F999D5-00CF-427D-81F9-1DC0D07CB0C4.jpeg

ac_perks

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hiding the winch cable behind your licence plate? Hows that work?

No sarcasm. Thats a clever way to partly stealth away your winch.
Shrockworks’ license plate bracket is quick release, fairlead behind there. There isn’t a ton of room so I keep the winch hook in the truck and pop on as needed.

TommyAtomic

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
@rngrzone , Is there a dealer in Canada you purchased yours through OR did you get it direct from the US?

I got mine this week and installed yesterday. Took a lot of effort and the instructions are not great. Had to redo some work I could have avoided with the right order of operations.

I paired it with a warn Xeon and it fits snugly. I had to mount it on the plate before lifting it into place because the winch wouldn’t pass the front plates. Very happy with the quality.

Also it definitely sits closer to the bumper then I thought. Mine squishes the license plate.

2F243CCB-C639-4BA2-9EB0-5ED41E1CDBE9.jpeg

rngrzone

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 Oxford White
@rngrzone , Is there a dealer in Canada you purchased yours through OR did you get it direct from the US?
direct from the US. they hand make them by order. shipping was $131 It came over UPS and I paid ~$250 in taxes/duties.
Sponsored