First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Analytics Engineer
I just realized... The gallery photos of my truck does not include a picture of my damper! I was also wondering if anyone has made their truck doubly awesome with two dampers? It is quite possible however that with two dampers when opening the tailgate the truck would instead flip over on top of you.
If you order 2 a little man with spats and a Ford logo on his lapel comes out and opens the tailgate for you. I nearly pulled the trigger on this but I didn't want to use the room in the bed required to carry Higgins ... Oh, I forgot, his name is Higgins ... so I just got the one. It's a decision I live with daily.
Sponsored

DevilDog1775

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Vehicle Showcase
If you order 2 a little man with spats and a Ford logo on his lapel comes out and opens the tailgate for you. I nearly pulled the trigger on this but I didn't want to use the room in the bed required to carry Higgins ... Oh, I forgot, his name is Higgins ... so I just got the one. It's a decision I live with daily.
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I drove about 200 miles this weekend. I noticed my fuel mileage improved by 2.3 mpg and my zero-to-60 time improved by 0.7 seconds. I was trying to figure out what I did differently and then I realized it while I was reading this response... the tailgate damper! So if you are asking yourself whether to go with a Livernoise, 5Star, or the Ford Performance tune, just skip them and order up a Dee-Zee damper. It must be at least 20 hp.

Last edited:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I think two dampers should be banned because the amount of testosterone released into the atmosphere by two operating at the same time would immediately cause every female in a 4 block radius to sprout armpit hair and the beginnings of a mustache.

I don't want to see that.
I think this was in a movie, but came to mind as your answer ... :crazy:
damper.jpg

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Next thing you know you'll have a truck that does things when you simply ask it to, like change the temperature, or radio stations, or skip to the next track in your playlist.

My future destination, and to think I started my journey with a tailgate damper...

wall-e.jpg
Loved the movie, first BlueRay I bought. Love this thread, come on let's catch up with the I hate the SYNC 3.4 upgrade crowd. I think their leading. Hard to tell we're so spread around and they are concentrated in one thread.:handsinair::rockon:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just had to replace my Toilet seat at home. The new on has a damper. :like: ?:clap:

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OP
OP
BButah

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
So after starting this thread last week....
I finally got around to installing my damper.

When I opened the package; to my complete amazement....
The damper is CARBON-FRICKEN-FIBER!

Apparently the folks at DeeZee & FOMOCO got together to commemorate the 1 BILLIONTH damper made! (Who knew they made THAT many of these damn things?)

How lucky am I?

IMG_7480.jpeg

IMG_7481.jpeg

IMG_7482.jpeg

The operation of the tailgate is now like a Swiss watch! The weight savings and performance enhancement is immeasurably beyond expectations!

Get your damper ASAP! Who knows, you might get the 2 BILLIONTH one made!

Cheers!
?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So after starting this thread last week....
I finally got around to installing my damper.

When I opened the package; to my complete amazement....
The damper is CARBON-FRICKEN-FIBER!

Apparently the folks at DeeZee & FOMOCO got together to commemorate the 1 BILLIONTH damper made! (Who knew they made THAT many of these damn things?)

How lucky am I?

IMG_7480.jpeg

IMG_7481.jpeg

IMG_7482.jpeg

The operation of the tailgate is now like a Swiss watch! The weight savings and performance enhancement is immeasurably beyond expectations!

Get your damper ASAP! Who knows, you might get the 2 BILLIONTH one made!

Cheers!
?

See, aren't you gad you listened to me know. lol :LOL: ? I have to admit I'm jealous, that's a bad ass damper! You'd think they'd send me one for all the advertising I've done.?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
You know, it still looks like something I would use a shovel for to take off my lawn...except now it's on a stick ?

Lol :LOL:
But you know that soon it will be on your truck...
Sponsored