First Name
BANNON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Locomotive Attendant
Oh yah...2 min...reach behind ...like squeeze your hand through the panel...unclip n push... disconnect...connect new ones and put it back

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
Looks great I assume there is a plug just under the plastic?
The knob pops out but you have to pry the piece of plastic it sits in then press in four prongs on the underside of the knob. Pretty sure if you try to pry the knob out you will destroy stuff. The pic of the knob is the non TM knob so don't use that as a part number. Both are identical except for the TM button.

Not a pic of mine but this shows the plastic piece that you pry up. Very simple.

knob.jpg

Knob 2.jpg

Panel.jpeg

revbevis

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew Chrome Package
The knob pops out but you have to pry the piece of plastic it sits in then press in four prongs on the underside of the knob. Pretty sure if you try to pry the knob out you will destroy stuff. The pic of the knob is the non TM knob so don't use that as a part number. Both are identical except for the TM button.

Not a pic of mine but this shows the plastic piece that you pry up. Very simple.

knob.jpg

Knob 2.jpg

Panel.jpeg
Just tried to order me a knob this afternoon and they are now on backorder.

Capt'n Awesome

First Name
Captain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 05 Wrangler, 19 Slingshot, 04 330xi
Occupation
Enthusiast

knob.jpg

Knob 2.jpg

Panel.jpeg
dumb question... why? When you enable TM in forscan, isn’t it just a novelty? If you don’t have the FX aren’t you missing some of the hardware to make it fully functional? It’s a dumb question, but a serious one.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I stopped by local dealership and he said the warehouse in Memphis had 3 when I ordered it Tuesday. Got it today. Not sure what distribution hub your dealership uses but maybe if you mention Memphis???
Not sure how Ford parts work as far as distribution.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
dumb question... why? When you enable TM in forscan, isn’t it just a novelty? If you don’t have the FX aren’t you missing some of the hardware to make it fully functional? It a dumb question, but a serious one.
Nope. Not missing anything. Most of the system use the ABS to modulate the wheel spin. The only difference is the knob and turning it on in FORScan. That is the general thought on the thread about doing this mod. All seem to agree that it is simply the knob and FORScan enabling Selective Drive Mode.

Several have tested it out and all seem to agree it is not a novelty. That was my first thought when I considered doing it. Was a non-FX4 truck missing a module or some type of hardware. Answer appears to be no, nothing missing.

This thread has a lot more info put out by people way smarter than I, so take a read of the 18 pages. It is very informative if you are considering the mod.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/terrain-management-upgrade.4901/

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
When I was exiled from Texas to Arkansas, we floated and camped out on the Buffalo River every year. A true hidden gem.
Enjoying some time at Buffalo National River. Not getting to do as much off road exploring as I would like but enjoying the time with family
IMG_20200813_084358.jpg
Sponsored