Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
I agree! Both are great mods.

I chose Forscan to eliminate the auto stop/restart. $10 for a 12 month licence and have made a number of other changes including adding OEM navigation. Will probably buy a lifetime licence when the 1st expires.

So to the tailgate damper. Just "nice".

It's shocking how many keyboard warriors go ape over both here. I get the "different strokes for different folks" with mods and features, but not the disdain, venom and ridicule that gets tossed about with abandon here. Hope the trolls stay under the bridge this time.

outdoorphotog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lincoln Navigator L
Occupation
Limo Driver
1. Autostop Eliminator - allows you to set disable and it remembers the setting until you change it. No more annoying power-off at every stop. Bye the way, I am averaging 23.7mpg
https://www.autostopeliminator.com/products/2019-ford-ranger-autostop-eliminator
2. Tail-gate dampener - pull the handle and go, it drops slowly while you gather your gear to load
Ford VKB3Z-9946A 10-A
You had to bring up the most controversial mod on this board... the tailgate damper. I have one and like it, i do find it funny how that one part can be discussed at extreme lengths here.

xxEMOxx

First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Crew 4x4 XLT Blue
Occupation
Bars!
Vehicle Showcase
Damn I want to know the secret to 23 MPG I am lucky to get 17 currently and I drive very reserved.

Looking into the start stop eliminator. Also how did you get OEM or Factory GPS? I looked into a kit but they want $1200 for a factory module. I can get a Garmin or TomTom for like 10% of that price.

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Also how did you get OEM or Factory GPS? I looked into a kit but they want $1200 for a factory module. I can get a Garmin or TomTom for like 10% of that price.
Replaced the APIM behind the display with a Nav version. Used are under $300. Possibly China clones are in the $450 range, new OEM Ford $550.

In my case, a 2016 Lincoln Navigator APIM. Lost the (unused) ATT hot spot and Ford Pass app. Some research to suss out the needed config for the APIM and an $10 extended licence for Forscn to set config into the APIM. Pretty basic stuff.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
The venom is coming from the damper lovers who cant handle the truth.
Waaaa f...... waaaaaa he called me a limp wristed wimp. Arent you wanting a tailgate lifter? :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Ehh, the damper is a refinement to me. I have a tuner box and noticed it has the option to disable the autostart... and the speed governor... :devil:

allcos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Scab 4X4 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I just press the button to turn off the auto start stop button
I personally don’t see the big deal. Like the tailgate damper. I’d get one but I Feel like they are ripping me off 50 bucks. Just saying
No more pressing that auto S/S button: I use a $1.88 LED night light in the AC outlet. The damper is nice to have when your arms are full of stuff. What bargains.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
No more pressing that auto S/S button: I use a $1.88 LED night light in the AC outlet. The damper is nice to have when your arms are full of stuff. What bargains.
Can you Explain how to hook this up? I have tow package, if that's needed?

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Can you Explain how to hook this up? I have tow package, if that's needed?
Plug a 110v appliance into your outlet. In my case, a plug in air freshener; though a night light would also work. The system detects that you're using 110v power and disables start/stop.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
1. Autostop Eliminator - allows you to set disable and it remembers the setting until you change it. No more annoying power-off at every stop. Bye the way, I am averaging 23.7mpg
https://www.autostopeliminator.com/products/2019-ford-ranger-autostop-eliminator
2. Tail-gate dampener - pull the handle and go, it drops slowly while you gather your gear to load
Ford VKB3Z-9946A 10-A
Damper now available through DEE ZEE. Same item, cheaper price. DEE ZEE is the OEM Manufacturer of this for Ford! https://www.deezee.com/product/truck-tailgate-assist/
Sponsored