Options to make the perfect next gen Ranger

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Get heated seats and heated mirrors with out the mandatory Sport Appearance Package
Sponsored

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
SAWEEEEEET:like: Mine was a Triumph GT6+...no body knows what that is LOL...
Guys my age come up to me and say "I used to have one of those - man it was fun. I wish I had never sold it". Then I get "kids" (anyone under 30) come up and can't figure out what it is - they've never seen one before.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
What competing truck in the Ranger's market (other than the Ridgeline) has a horizontally opening tailgate option? Did I miss something? I've never heard of that outside of full-size trucks and the Ridgeline. :question:
I was referring to the Ram multi-function tailgate, which opens horizontally in barn door fashion, with a 60/40 split. Admittedly, the Ram is a full-sized truck, and so we are comparing apples and oranges....

Deleted member 1634

On another note, why does anyone honestly think they need the 2.7 TT V6 engine in this truck? I'm absolutely dead serious. What does this truck not do with the current power output it has that you feel you need the 325 HP and 400 lb-ft of torque output of the 2.7 Ecoboost engine to accomplish or even more-so the 3.5 Ecoboost at 375 HP and 470 lb-ft of torque? What the hell are you trying to carry/tow?! I can imagine a hybrid option perhaps and maybe even a diesel, but anything pushing that far over 300 HP in a midsize truck? I think you're just shopping in the wrong market for what you really want...which is a full-size truck.
Agreed! I don't want this truck to start running away like they have for the full-size trucks. Every full size truck has to be bigger and more powerful than the last. I don't want that to happen to the mid-size market. And unfortunately it already has kind of started. Having more than 300hp, being able to haul more than 1250lbs, or being able to tow more than 6500lbs is not something a MID size truck should have to do. If you want to do more with your truck, then get a bigger one, that's why bigger trucks already exist. Leave the midsize trucks for those of us who don't want to do all that stuff. Pretty soon the F-150 will be F-350 size, then the Ranger will be F-150 size, then they'll need to create a whole new truck to slot underneath as the "new" mid-size, which will then start the cycle all over again.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
On another note, why does anyone honestly think they need the 2.7 TT V6 engine in this truck? I'm absolutely dead serious. What does this truck not do with the current power output it has that you feel you need the 325 HP and 400 lb-ft of torque output of the 2.7 Ecoboost engine to accomplish or even more-so the 3.5 Ecoboost at 375 HP and 470 lb-ft of torque? What the hell are you trying to carry/tow?! I can imagine a hybrid option perhaps and maybe even a diesel, but anything pushing that far over 300 HP in a midsize truck? I think you're just shopping in the wrong market for what you really want...which is a full-size truck.
No one really "needs" it,it'd just a testosterone thing where we're never satisfied with what we have and want it to go faster. lol Heck my very first car I bought back in the late 70's was a '70 Dodge Challenger with a 383. It was a project car and came with a box of parts which included a tunnel ram and duel quads. Needles to say that came off after the fist couple tank of gas went down like there was a hole in the gas tank but it was fun while it lasted.

I'd like to see another engine option for the next gen Ranger but realistically you can get the same performance with a $400.00 tune like @Doc has on his. Only
difference is Fords will be warranted where the tune won't be,unless it's a Ford performance tune.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
People want lots of stuff and bigger until gas prices go up then they want littler and less and then some this and some of that. Automakers will make some of the goofiest crap and someone will buy it. What happens is auto makers are more concerned in attracting customers than making a mechanically sound vehicle. Be careful what you ask for you might get it. :curse:

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
A soft leather Heated steering wheel, heated side mirrors, heated wiper fluid, and ventilated seats. Throw in some port injection for the intake valves. Perfection!

OP
OP
RedlandRanger

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
A soft leather Heated steering wheel, heated side mirrors, heated wiper fluid, and ventilated seats. Throw in some port injection for the intake valves. Perfection!
FYI, Lariats have heated side mirrors - it comes on with the rear defroster....

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
No one really "needs" it,it'd just a testosterone thing where we're never satisfied with what we have and want it to go faster. lol Heck my very first car I bought back in the late 70's was a '70 Dodge Challenger with a 383. It was a project car and came with a box of parts which included a tunnel ram and duel quads. Needles to say that came off after the fist couple tank of gas went down like there was a hole in the gas tank but it was fun while it lasted.

I'd like to see another engine option for the next gen Ranger but realistically you can get the same performance with a $400.00 tune like @Doc has on his. Only
difference is Fords will be warranted where the tune won't be,unless it's a Ford performance tune.
Testosterone? Oh, yeah. I think I remember having that!

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
I know I live in the tropics, but I always have cold hands (even more so now that we're dealing with below 70F degrees (I know, I know :giggle:)), so the main thing I'd like to see is a heated steering wheel.

Jamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Sport (2x4) - Oxford White
#1 by far is a powered roll down entire back window (my old Tundra had it and it was the best feature on the entire truck. Don’t get why others don’t do this)

- Fold Flat rear seats / fold up rear seats with flat storage option
- better storage under rear seats
- old body style Honda Ridgeline below bed cargo storage
- Bed outlets

These are all unique / super picky things based off if you’ve had them in other vehicles. I love my Ranger as is though.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Locking fuel - since they are working with VW adopted there system where when the car is locked the fuel door is to - once the car is unlocked so is the fuel door and has the same push to open as the Ranger.

Heated steering wheel and cooled seats - one thing the salesmen told me the reason there are no heated mirrors is because of the lane assist - don't know if this is BS - but I didn't even ask so I took it with a grain of salt.

Fold flat rear seats and better console storage

That's interesting, the Aus spec rangers have always had this option, the fuel flap is locked when the car is locked. You can only push to open it with the central locking unlocked.

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
That's interesting, the Aus spec rangers have always had this option, the fuel flap is locked when the car is locked. You can only push to open it with the central locking unlocked.
I'm confused, it's the same with my US Ranger like that....

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
LOL... So to sum up 9 pages of wants/needs: what we (me to) want is Ford Explorer Limited amenities available in the Ranger... a "Ranger Lariat Limited" or "Ranger King Ranch" ... plus a diesel option.

I know how true this is. While waiting for 2019 Ranger FX4 to be prep-ed (added a bunch of bells and whistles) the dealer gave me a 2020 Explorer Limited to drive... took 2 weeks for the Ranger work to get done (waiting for parts mostly)... Then I took delivery of the Ranger... kind of a let down, amenities wise... same "basic" amenities but many just more manual (tilt steering wheel, manual power fold outside mirrors, power seats except back rest is manually adjusted, heated seats but not heated steering wheel, etc.). It's so easy to get spoiled.
Sponsored

Last edited: