Seattle Ranger Drive Tour Info

BlakeRom

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma
@BlakeRom how was the test drive? What did it consist of?
Honestly kind of a let down. The guy wasn't very knowledgeable (didn't know what crawl control was called). It was all downtown seattle driving. Not much room to open it up. Half throttle felt good. Shifted smooth. Fuel economy was at 19.8 average when I got in. No clue for how long or where. Engine sounded great! Drove truck like yet quiet and smooth. Was disappointed with the side panel quality. Center console was nicer than I expected. I hated that the rear bench wasn't 60/40.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly kind of a let down. The guy wasn't very knowledgeable (didn't know what crawl control was called). It was all downtown seattle driving. Not much room to open it up. Half throttle felt good. Shifted smooth. Fuel economy was at 19.8 average when I got in. No clue for how long or where. Engine sounded great! Drove truck like yet quiet and smooth. Was disappointed with the side panel quality. Center console was nicer than I expected. I hated that the rear bench wasn't 60/40.
I'm surprised the Lariat had a disappointing interior. If it got 20 mpg downtown that’s impressive.

I appreciate your honest review, it sounds like the Ranger has some pros and cons.

BlakeRom

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma
I'm surprised the Lariat had a disappointing interior. If it got 20 mpg downtown that’s impressive.

I appreciate your honest review, it sounds like the Ranger has some pros and cons.
Please keep in mind I'm used to looking at F-series all day. Platinums, limited's and such lol.

Also I didnt get a gift. I forgot to ask.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Please keep in mind I'm used to looking at F-series all day. Platinums, limited's and such lol.

Also I didnt get a gift. I forgot to ask.
LOL Platinum to Lariat on the F150 is like $30k difference. No wonder you’re picky.

BlakeRom

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma
LOL Platinum to Lariat on the F150 is like $30k difference. No wonder you’re picky.
I also sell Lincolns. But mostly I was using the comparison to my tacoma. I just need more time with it to be sure.

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I also sell Lincolns. But mostly I was using the comparison to my tacoma. I just need more time with it to be sure.
How is the engine performance on the Ranger compared to the V6 in the Tacoma? I assume the 10-speed transmission is also loads better than the Tacoma.

BlakeRom

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma
How is the engine performance on the Ranger compared to the V6 in the Tacoma? I assume the 10-speed transmission is also loads better than the Tacoma.
Honestly not enough drive time to know for sure. But the response was better than Tacoma. Sounded great for a little engine. Had plenty of power to pick up. I didnt get past 50% throttle. I would love to see others review as well to confirm all that I've said and hopefully add to.

Pinecrestjim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2018 F-150, 2016 Escape
I just watched a 22 minute real life test drive video posted in the "2019 Ford Ranger Reviews Compilation" thread, taken at the Seattle show. Regarding that average mpg that was mentioned earlier in this thread, the Ford rep (from Ft. Lauderdale) said he had driven the Ranger to the show. It was not shipped there. That long of a highway drive would really influence the average mpg shown during the test drive, if it wasn't reset upon arrival in Seattle.

Potholes

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Colorado
For anyone who did the test drive - did you have to pay to attend the auto show? I really don't want to pay to get into the auto show just to drive the Ranger, especially if it is a short drive around the clink. I'll just wait for a test drive at a dealer instead. Thanks!

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
See if they let you take a picture of the rear shock assembly. I want to see if they are outboard of the frame or just outboard of the leafs. Also a picture few pictures of the off road display in the left instrument screen.
@Andy does this answer your question? BTW, this is on Lariat 4x4 with FX4 Package.

DSC_3940.JPG
DSC_3952.JPG
DSC_3953.JPG

OP
OP
rangerdanger

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Having driven a XLT, I agree the interior gets 6/10 stars. It was definitely my biggest con with the Ranger.

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
@Andy does this answer your question? BTW, this is on Lariat 4x4 with FX4 Package.

DSC_3940.JPG
DSC_3952.JPG
DSC_3953.JPG
Looks like the shock is inboard of the frame. I’d like to know why it is marketed as outboard mounted.
“Other mechanical highlights in the Ranger are front, and rear (outboard-mounted) gas shock absorbers are standard amenities.”

This does answer my question, thanks for posting.

BlakeRom

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma
For anyone who did the test drive - did you have to pay to attend the auto show? I really don't want to pay to get into the auto show just to drive the Ranger, especially if it is a short drive around the clink. I'll just wait for a test drive at a dealer instead. Thanks!
No you do NOT need to buy tickets. Even though in my email it said I did. It is stationed outside between the football and baseball stadium. With that said, If you decide to wait I can give you my number and I'll let you know when we get our first rangers in. No pressure just come over to my dealership and keep my occupied. I can almost guarantee the first ones will be gone before we get our next shipment in.

Stic-o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Explorer ,'92 Bronco, '91 Navajo, '19 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the shock is inboard of the frame. I’d like to know why it is marketed as outboard mounted.
“Other mechanical highlights in the Ranger are front, and rear (outboard-mounted) gas shock absorbers are standard amenities.”

This does answer my question, thanks for posting.
The leafs are mounted directly under the frame, so yes it would put the shocks inside the frame.

BlakeRom

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma
@rangerdanger I'm sorry you didnt like the interior too much. Funny thing was I didnt think it was the center stack at all which is what I was expecting to not like. It was everything left of the steering wheel. My lariat seats were also kinda hard. I'm not sure why they made the storage area so weird. The colorado has the best storage system.
Sponsored