Aftermarket subwoofer

rutherk1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I’m on a loosing streak with this truck/trim trim. Been using panel removal tools and working my way around the trim as gently as I can, but this thing is kicking my a$$ lol. You’ve removed the floor trim (like in picture) and trim around the driver/passenger seatbelt with no issues?
Give me a min. I’ll make a quick video. It’s pretty simple.
Sponsored

Kellan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger, 2008 Mustang GT
I think these are the panels you are talking about.

good luck

Thanks for taking the time to do that. You made it look easy lol. I swear the first one I pulled last night did not come off nearly that easily and the damn clip broke, so that’s why resorted to this forum before I started breaking anything else. Thanks again

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
E6BDB953-76AE-4EF9-B8F0-E23AA385CBBE.jpeg
You can see in the pic attached I had the whole B pillar lower panel removed all the sill plate trim panels. I had both sides pulled apart like this for running wires and hooking up speaker inputs. I didn’t find them anymore difficult than any other Ford I have had. Just pull straight up or out with panel.

Kellan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally finished up running the wires. 2 broken trim pieces where the blue clips were (jb plastic weld fixed that) and 3 broken white retaining clips (which I just bought more at the auto parts store). Idk what the hell the deal was, but I’ve done this type of work several times in the past with little issues. Other than described above, the rest wasn’t too bad.
you can see in the picture below how the plastic trim just snapped cause the clip didn’t want to come out
2379011F-9ED5-4F20-92F7-58A3646C0BC9.jpeg

Kellan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh yea, ended up tapping into the front door speaker wires to avoid the fake engine noise that the rear speakers generate. This was actually pretty easy. Just remove the passenger and driver side kick panels and you will see a couple of harness connections in there. Obviously the harness going into the door will be the one with speaker wires. The wiring diagram posted earlier in this thread, matched my color code exactly....and the pair of speaker wires will be twisted together. FYI, This is for the owners without the B&O system.
Update: the front speakers also generate the fake engine sound. Thought I read somewhere that only the rear speakers had the fake noise, but that’s not the case.

Last edited:

Wayne Kubeck

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
E6BDB953-76AE-4EF9-B8F0-E23AA385CBBE.jpeg
You can see in the pic attached I had the whole B pillar lower panel removed all the sill plate trim panels. I had both sides pulled apart like this for running wires and hooking up speaker inputs. I didn’t find them anymore difficult than any other Ford I have had. Just pull straight up or out with panel.
How did you mount the sub board to the floor on the passenger side??

gwbillett

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger CC
I'm interesting in this too..... Did you just screw it down like someone earlier mention and I believe they mention some sort of rubber seal between the top board and cubby hole.... This seems like it will be easier than buying the Rockford Fosgate box and sub

gwbillett

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger CC
Yes sir! That’s the one. Super good deal. Buying the fiberglass and resin, brushes, etc, alone cost more than buying the enclosure pre built so I just bought that. Plus, working with fiberglass is such a smelly mess.
So did you buy the one off of Ebay that is for the "PX" or PX2 ranger is what they said. How did it fit into our trucks if that is the one you used? Looks like it is $120 plus $80 to ship over here.... is this right if don't mind me asking

rutherk1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
So did you buy the one off of Ebay that is for the "PX" or PX2 ranger is what they said. How did it fit into our trucks if that is the one you used? Looks like it is $120 plus $80 to ship over here.... is this right if don't mind me asking
I got it fro eBay.com.au. The company isn’t set up to ship to the USA on their eBay account so I contacted them directly. His name is Michael Cory. Just contact him through his eBay site and he will get shipping worked out.

This fits the US ranger as it’s pretty much unchanged from the overseas one.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/192610319641

rutherk1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
If you want to build your own, you could use the factory cubby as the enclosure. You would need to remove it, seal and screw it to your baffle board as to make it one piece.

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I'm interesting in this too..... Did you just screw it down like someone earlier mention and I believe they mention some sort of rubber seal between the top board and cubby hole.... This seems like it will be easier than buying the Rockford Fosgate box and sub
That was me that mentioned that earlier...
I used retro rubber. Or butyl in between the factory plastic cubby and the 3/4” MDF and then screwed it together. Then used sound deadening material all around it. The box is 100% removable and can be pulled out in minutes. Speaker Input plug ins on the side. Couple more pictures on it back on page 2.

ColoRanger

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Oh yea, ended up tapping into the front door speaker wires to avoid the fake engine noise that the rear speakers generate. This was actually pretty easy. Just remove the passenger and driver side kick panels and you will see a couple of harness connections in there. Obviously the harness going into the door will be the one with speaker wires. The wiring diagram posted earlier in this thread, matched my color code exactly....and the pair of speaker wires will be twisted together. FYI, This is for the owners without the B&O system.
Update: the front speakers also generate the fake engine sound. Thought I read somewhere that only the rear speakers had the fake noise, but that’s not the case.
I don’t get any off sounds out of mine from just the driver side input to the pac inverter and to the sub.

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I just mad a box like the one in the bottom pic but just the passenger half. It's only about half a cubic foot.my original plan was to mount a 12" sub in there but most of them require a minimum .8cubic foot to work efficiently now I'm back at square one, debating on putting a 10" sub in it or making a whole new box to put 3-4 8" subs

Wayne Kubeck

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
If you want to build your own, you could use the factory cubby as the enclosure. You would need to remove it, seal and screw it to your baffle board as to make it one piece.
I was planning on removing the cubby and sealing it to the floor and using the steel underneath as an enclosure after sound deadening it and maybe poly fill it as well .
Sponsored