Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Well THIS has been highjacked. :)
Well bud, we are old. Our attention spans are............Oh look, a butterfly.........
Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I just received a letter from my dealership telling me I had been pre-approved for a large chunk of change toward a new vehicle because, apparently, "our records indicate that you currently own a vehicle we are very interested in acquiring." Fat chance!

Question:
What would it take for you to part with your Ranger?
I got that same letter, or one very much like it, earlier this week. I am not even a full two years into my current, 2019, Ranger, with not even a full 10,000 miles on it, given the pandemic and working from home, and so I just tossed the letter. If I am still getting that letter when we are approaching five years and 100,000 miles, then we can talk....

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That seemed to be area specific though. When Tom @SubVet posted about getting top dollar for his in NC I ran it through just to see and it was only like $26K here in AZ.
Yeah I must have hit them at the right time They offered $36K which is about $6000 more than any dealer.

Sell-or-Trade-In-Your-Car-Online-Carvana.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah I must have hit them at the right time They offered $36K which is about $6000 more than any dealer.

Sell-or-Trade-In-Your-Car-Online-Carvana.jpg
Yeah you lucked out with that one!

Hope everything's going good Tom. You need to come back by here more often. Just because you have a El Camino I mean Ridgeline doesn't mean you're not welcome. ?

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
I'm getting all the junk-mail you guys are!
To answer the question: I would need to be at 50-55k miles; which is my initial trade-in plan. I'm at 19k now after 1.5 years.
OR to truncate that plan I'd need to be blown away by something new on the mid-size truck market like a slam-dunk Mopar product [really dont see that coming anytime soon]..
Possibly a realistically priced mid-sized hybrid by any manufacturer..not that ugly Tesla or similar monstrosity. I've said in other threads that my wife's '20 Escape Hybrid is amazing and get 40 MPG.
I'd be excited if FoMoCo came out with a hybrid Ranger and that would get me to the stealership for at least a test drive.

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired

Hope everything's going good Tom. You need to come back by here more often. Just because you have a El Camino I mean Ridgeline doesn't mean you're not welcome. ?
Oh look 2 Butterflies :crazy:

OP
OP
port43

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I just received a letter from my dealership telling me I had been pre-approved for a large chunk of change toward a new vehicle because, apparently, "our records indicate that you currently own a vehicle we are very interested in acquiring." Fat chance!

Question:
What would it take for you to part with your Ranger?
I got one of those letters just a couple of weeks ago. Then followed by many emails until I called the dude and explained where I was on my Ranger build....he understood, emails stopped...lol

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

I'm here pretty much every day reading. Since I don't have my truck anymore there's not much I can offer after a year-and-a-half of Ranger world. My brother completely abandoned this forum. I still support the Ranger and if I wanted a body-on-frame truck I would have kept the Ranger. Once I drove a unibody all-wheel-drive pick up I was convinced. I don't go off-road except maybe fire roads so I don't need the articulation of a body-on-frame truck

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
For some reason, every vehicle I have had was the best i had ever had. At the time. Except for the Chevettes. Those were crap and I just made them look good.
Chevettes plural ??

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
Chevettes?

There should have never been more than one.

My mother went from a 1972 buick skylark 350 four barrel to a chevy chevette. She hated that chevette. Couldn't get out of its own way.
During the 1979 gas crunch, there was a Chevrolet-Cadillac dealer that had a promotion which included a free Chevette with each Eldorado sold.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
OP
OP
port43

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Chevettes plural ??
Yes, first and third new car. Totaled the first by getting rear-ended sitting at a stop light and then all but destroyed the other by falling asleep on the expressway. Local dealer gave me $500 for a trade on a Probe GT and it wasn't even worth $200.