First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
Haven't read the whole thread...bit of a train wreck in a couple of places. :LOL:

But I'm glad I got a "pre-covid" 2019 for these reasons:
6 tie down points in bed instead of 4.
Keyless lock/unlock sensors on all 4 doors (Super Crew) instead of only fronts.
Rear set headrests flip down.
Engine cover included. (See posting about water accumulation around spark plugs)
I think more sound deadening material???....at least on lariat.
I have a girl friend who bought a '20 Ranger about 8 months after I bought my '19. She got the same trim level as me and everything. Different color. But she DOESN'T have the front parking sensors. She's complained to me a few times when riding in my truck and hearing mine as I park. I use those every time I pull into my garage. Makes it so easy. Really actually glad I got a '19.
Sponsored

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
man this thread is hard to follow!

Best thing about a pre-COVID Ranger? I only have 12k miles on my 2019 ?
Got my '19 Ranger brand new in May 2020. Still only 14,100 miles on it. Difference is... I only stayed home from the office for the month of April 2020. Been back in the office ever since. Commute is only 11 miles each way to the office. Guess I haven't done much driving outside of my work commute.

Reactions: Doc

FatalException0E

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Crew FX4 - Blue, '19 Subaru Forester Touring - White
I have a girl friend who bought a '20 Ranger about 8 months after I bought my '19. She got the same trim level as me and everything. Different color. But she DOESN'T have the front parking sensors. She's complained to me a few times when riding in my truck and hearing mine as I park. I use those every time I pull into my garage. Makes it so easy. Really actually glad I got a '19.
Wow, they even left off the parking sensors? Cutting safety features to save a buck seems a bit much. Can you tell if it make a noticeable difference in your insurance rates?

ArchitectThom

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Architect
Wow, they even left off the parking sensors? Cutting safety features to save a buck seems a bit much. Can you tell if it make a noticeable difference in your insurance rates?
I honestly don't know how much her insurance is, so I wouldn't know how to compare it, but I doubt it made much of a difference. But yeah, she has no sensors on the front of her '20. Which means, I'm assuming, that she has no collision warning like my '19 does. She still has the rear sensors, so I am pretty sure cross-traffic alert is still there.
Sponsored