XLT to Lariat Headlamp Upgrade

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
Reviving an old thread...was it your actual brake light, or your running light? I was having issues with Morimoto XBs - wondering if it may be required to make the FORSCAN changes for the morimotos too - maybe it changes the way the power is sent to the lights?
Brake light. Running lights worked fine
Sponsored

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I upgraded the xlt to lariat lights. In forscan it’s not allowing me to set DRL to dedicated LED. What do I need to change specifically for it to work correctly?

Update: I changed “Allowed DRL options” to “+ Dedicated DRL” and “DRL configuration” to “Dedicated DRL” and that did it for me.
Just Curious, I have a 22 Lariat with the Led Delete from factory, so I have Halo's installed. I just ordered a Led Lariat headlight set, and wanted to know the correct ForScan settings to make them work properly?

Plus, did you swap out Incandescent turn signal bulb to LED? I was thinking of doing it with the swap. Although I get conflicting info on whether the bulb is Factory LED or Not. From what I gather its incandescent turn with LED (DRL) Halo and LO/HI Headlight LED with shutter

Did your updated post stay working correctly, or did you have to make any changes?

Thanks