First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i wish they would make an "xl" version of the raptor. sans flash and imax size screen. just add the power and gears ability paint it in a good color and let me have my way it lol
Sponsored

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
This guy gets it.
Hey.. I used the red thingy just yesterday to navigate over some rocks as I needed to go around the other car parked in middle of the field road and I had to go around the ditch. Needed to drop a replacement hydraulic pushing arm to the field as the previous one started to leak and the guy doing the baling needed one.

It is usefull.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
So everybody should be asking the real question how much more power does this truck make versus the current gin with a 93 performance tune. Then figure out a dollar amount per horsepower and torque.

The end question is dollar for dollar which is the smarter buy, a $500 tuner or a whole new truck.

This argument only applies to those if you were interested in performance if you just want it for the prestige and looks than whatever.

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
This argument only applies to those if you were interested in performance if you just want it for the prestige and looks than whatever.
I'd say it's a package deal. You got pretty good out-of-the-box performance figures and creature comforts without taking the brand new car to a chop.. custom-shop for getting it to do the things. More of a no-hassle deal to get you into workable rig.

That's why I did buy mine, and Ford Finland even did the extra mods for my current one through a partner and all I had to do was sign the bill.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
So everybody should be asking the real question how much more power does this truck make versus the current gin with a 93 performance tune. Then figure out a dollar amount per horsepower and torque.

The end question is dollar for dollar which is the smarter buy, a $500 tuner or a whole new truck.

I think your Ranger that you have in your signature looks great! I understand why you might not want to buy a new Ranger Raptor with the money / time / hard work invested in yours.
However, If I could afford it Jack, I would buy one. I like the styling, the capability of the truck, the new features, etc. The power of the new V6 Turbo has to be impressive, and I bet they will have tunes for it as well. Would I personally take it off road after investing a ton of $$$$ into it, probably not or at least only take it on easy trails. I think we all sometimes buy vehicles for the looks and I think the new Ranger Raptor looks stunning! So, I guess I fall into the "whatever" category for liking it more than just for the engine performance.!

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
I do hope that they switched the rims on the Raptor. This is the rim rib from first year, and you need to take into account that I have one set for winter and one for summer..

Not much paint left on the rims :(

DSC_0823.JPG

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I think your Ranger that you have in your signature looks great! I understand why you might not want to buy a new Ranger Raptor with the money / time / hard work invested in yours.
However, If I could afford it Jack, I would buy one. I like the styling, the capability of the truck, the new features, etc. The power of the new V6 Turbo has to be impressive, and I bet they will have tunes for it as well. Would I personally take it off road after investing a ton of $$$$ into it, probably not or at least only take it on easy trails. I think we all sometimes buy vehicles for the looks and I think the new Ranger Raptor looks stunning! So, I guess I fall into the "whatever" category for liking it more than just for the engine performance.!
Plus this is so much more than just tuning a motor to get more power. The body panels are different the suspension is all beefed up along with bigger tires and wheels. Then factor in is all covered by the factory warranty this is a home run depending on the final price.

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
I love the idea of the Raptor Ranger, but that does not look to be the US version, expect some changes from that to what we get. Lighting (will have to change), engine (likely to change), bumpers (will have to change), tonneau cover and sport bar (being what looks like a Wildtrak inspired cover and sport bar, odds are we don't get it) could all be easily changed or omitted entirely.

Would I trade in my 21 4x4 SuperCrew for a 23-24 Ranger Raptor, nope. I'm not paying $55-60 for a Ranger. I like the front end more of the 19-22 as well.

AutobotXJ

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
The looks of the next gen is starting to grow on me, but I still like our current gen more. There was a moment when I was upset that the raptor trim wasn’t already offered when I bought mine… but then I realized I wouldn’t be able to afford it and It probably wouldn’t have offered much more than what’s available on the fx4 and tremor. I’m also not a fan of the badging on every body panel, seat and lever.
I am excited to see what the US will do with their version of the Ranger Raptor- and hopefully they will also offer a way to get similar capability in a less expensive and less gimmicky, way.

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I'd like it, but nope! I'm tired of every performance truck in this generation being a damn 4x4.... That's why I like the way SCT and myself built our trucks :)

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
guys that's the over seas, version ..... nothing here till 2024 ....... or later and god is that front end fugly .....

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
The looks of the next gen is starting to grow on me, but I still like our current gen more. There was a moment when I was upset that the raptor trim wasn’t already offered when I bought mine… but then I realized I wouldn’t be able to afford it and It probably wouldn’t have offered much more than what’s available on the fx4 and tremor. I’m also not a fan of the badging on every body panel, seat and lever.
I am excited to see what the US will do with their version of the Ranger Raptor- and hopefully they will also offer a way to get similar capability in a less expensive and less gimmicky, way.

"Raptor-Line"

Like the ST-Line. Styling but no performance.
Sponsored