First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all...new here.
Winter again and I’ve done what I’ve always done....dedicated studded winters on steel winter wheels.
Downsized to 16” from stock 17”s just for the lower cost. Standing height is exactly the same as the 17s when all is said and done.
Sponsored

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Hey all...new here.
Winter again and I’ve done what I’ve always done....dedicated studded winters on steel winter wheels.
Downsized to 16” from stock 17”s just for the lower cost. Standing height is exactly the same as the 17s when all is said and done.
I hear studded tires are amazing. I have never driven with them. I was tempted to go with them, but in the end went with what I knew and trusted. Welcome to the site. New Brunswick is a beautiful province.

Last edited:

Rangerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCrew
Yes. Summer 255/65R17. Winter: Bridgestone Blizzack DM-V2 111S B/W 255/70R16 on steel Ford wheels with sensors. Same circumference and height.

Michel Jeanneau

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4 the black beast
Silver Steelies or black? I've had a heck of a time finding standard black steel wheels for this truck.
black paint cans are pretty cheap though...

Reactions: EJH

Metal Geezer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thought I wanted black wheels but they sent me silver. Looks fine to my eye.
IMG_6947.jpeg
I ended up with exactly the same. Looks better than anticipated.
Bought my rims through a local tire shop, ended up with genuine Ford rims... $30 cheaper per rim than dealer quote.

Metal Geezer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I hear studded tires are amazing. I have never driven with them. I was tempted to go with them, but in the end went with what I knew and trusted. Welcome to the site. New Brunswick is a beautiful province.
Thanx for the welcome.
I’ve never regretted studs.... put them on everything I’ve driven for 30-odd years.

Byngsboys

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightening Blue Ranger XLT, 302A, FX4, Tow and Technology/ 2005 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
Many will just drive with the TPMS light on throughout the winter. I couldn't do it, I hate lights on the dash. My winter tires are mounted on my stock wheels and I'll just be putting a second set of sensors in whatever wheels I find to put my summers on.
I call it my: Snow Tires Installed indicator, and then it doesn't bother me as much... LOL

Byngsboys

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightening Blue Ranger XLT, 302A, FX4, Tow and Technology/ 2005 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
Good morning all:
New to the Ranger world.
My truck came with 265/65R17 Hankook Dynapro AT-M.
I've ordered my winter set from Quattro. They will be 265/70R16 Firestone Winterforce 2 UV on steel rims.
In Ontario we can get an insurance break for having winter tires on our vehicles. So far I've had good luck with Firestones. They aren't the most expensive, but they significantly improve the handling and have worn well on my previous two vehicles.
Take care,
Kris

Metal Geezer

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good morning all:
New to the Ranger world.
My truck came with 265/65R17 Hankook Dynapro AT-M.
I've ordered my winter set from Quattro. They will be 265/70R16 Firestone Winterforce 2 UV on steel rims.
In Ontario we can get an insurance break for having winter tires on our vehicles. So far I've had good luck with Firestones. They aren't the most expensive, but they significantly improve the handling and have worn well on my previous two vehicles.
Take care,
Kris
My setup exactly. Works well.
Sponsored