First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Yeah. I know. In my previous Outback, it had lite tan interior and it was fine. My wifes current Volvo has Tan. The new one isn't white, but it's very light. There are other options, and I probably would have preferred the brown which is darker, but not dark. Ain't my car.
Sponsored

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Well ever thang else is made in Chiner, mite as well get are cars from there to..

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Not a huge fan of Volvo myself but I will say that Volvo has made some really nice things over the years.

Some history for those who dont know.

Volvo was the first to get a turbocharger to work on an internal combustion engine in a car without melting the exhaust manifold.

Volvo came up with the 3 point seat belt and gave the Patton away for free to all manufacturers due to the proven safety capabilities and Volvo wasnt able to put a price on anyones life!!

Mellow

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Sport Lariat 2WD Plat. White
It’s odd that you posted this. My wife is looking for something after her 2016 Ford Explorer. She drove a wrangler 4xe, but seat didn’t work for her. She thought about the bronco, but the 15k price markup soured both of us on any Ford. We might be headed to Volvos.
Check out the CX-5 or CX-50

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't been around much lately, but a while back I posted about looking for a new car for my wife. She has had a Volvo XC70 for 20 years.

She finally decided she wanted a new car, Hybrid. We went today and drove an Explorer. It was very nice, but it was more SUV/Truck than she wanted, and no plug in option.... and we went there because I wanted her to see it as a reference point.

Then, we went to Volvo. The difference is night and day. Plug in Hybrid, drives like a car, and the electronics eat Sync 3's lunch.

ETA: It's an XC60 Recharge, which is the plug in hybrid.

Not for everyone, and the price is more. Happy wife, happy life.

v2.jpg

v1.jpg
I would have gone for the Explorer, but, as you say, happy wife, happy life!

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Nice ride, beautiful interior. But is it a base model or the 400hp T8 hybrid ? If the latter I'd be borrowing the wife's car.

OP
OP
Tom_C

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Nice ride, beautiful interior. But is it a base model or the 400hp T8 hybrid ? If the latter I'd be borrowing the wife's car.
T8. I honestly wasn't paying attention to the specs, and I specifically didn't drive it because it's not mine and I wasn't gonna try to talk her out of, or into something. She was in the dealer last week for an airbag recall on her current car and already had looked at the cars. They didn't have a wagon on the lot she could look at, and that's what she initially wanted, but the XC60 was cheaper and she liked it so she went for that one.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really really nice and really really fast, 455hp/523 lb.ft

stringbreaker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
That is a beautiful ride love the interior but yeah that light color wouldn't do for me. My wife has a Hyundai Veloster with white/cream leather seats and it's clean as a whistle

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
The previous gen Explorers drove amazing, very quiet and smooth. I wonder has it gotten worse because they went from FWD to RWD?

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
T8. I honestly wasn't paying attention to the specs, and I specifically didn't drive it because it's not mine and I wasn't gonna try to talk her out of, or into something. She was in the dealer last week for an airbag recall on her current car and already had looked at the cars. They didn't have a wagon on the lot she could look at, and that's what she initially wanted, but the XC60 was cheaper and she liked it so she went for that one.
Hope you can use the current tax incentive, might not qualify when the new rules. Volvo in recent yrs has seen healthy sales increases, with a new assembly plant in s Carolina. Ford of course owned volvo some yrs back, having owned saabs for 40+ yrs I'm a fan of swedish autos.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
True. I probably wouldn't have wanted that on the wheel. Maybe a can of 'leather cleaner wipes' is in her future. :)

We don't have kids, and when ever people with kids get in her car they say "holy crap, this car is clean!
We have kids and get the same comments from people. I think it is the difference between car people and just owning a mode of transportation.

I think its sharp looking. I would not want to touch it, I am sure I would get it dirty.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't been around much lately, but a while back I posted about looking for a new car for my wife. She has had a Volvo XC70 for 20 years.

She finally decided she wanted a new car, Hybrid. We went today and drove an Explorer. It was very nice, but it was more SUV/Truck than she wanted, and no plug in option.... and we went there because I wanted her to see it as a reference point.

Then, we went to Volvo. The difference is night and day. Plug in Hybrid, drives like a car, and the electronics eat Sync 3's lunch.

ETA: It's an XC60 Recharge, which is the plug in hybrid.

Not for everyone, and the price is more. Happy wife, happy life.

v2.jpg

v1.jpg
Glad she got what she wanted but that's a strange comparison vehicle to shop it against - she went with a compact fwd/AWD and the Explorer is a full size RWD/4WD. An Escape or Edge Hybrid would've been much closer to Ford's version.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad she got what she wanted but that's a strange comparison vehicle to shop it against - she went with a compact fwd/AWD and the Explorer is a full size RWD/4WD. An Escape or Edge Hybrid would've been much closer to Ford's version.
There is a reason European makers remain viable - I suspect that the decision was not based on size or vehicle class but more on the driving experience - a lot of folks feel it's superior to American or Japanese makes, and look at the understated functional elegance of the interior. I had a similar experience with my wife yrs back when she needed a new car, looked at various Japanese and American makes and she stated she like the way my Saab 9-5 drove the best, found a 6 month old 9-5 at a Mercedes dealer and picked it up at a huge discount from MSRP and for a time owned 2 Saabs, and Saabs admittedly weren't really the best of the European marks but they provided a driving experience - some people term this more connected to the road - than either american or japanese makes.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
The design language of the newest volvos looks sharp. Your wife has good taste AND financial prowess what with owning those two cars so long. Nice buy!
Sponsored