Wi-Fi Issues

COLMtnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Trying to set up Wi-Fi on my Lariat so I can receive Auto Sync 3 downloads. I go to the Wi-Fi screen and find my home network and connect. The icon shows two arrows pointing at each other, so I think that means I'm connected. Screen shows a "Medium" strength connection. Yet I get no Wi-Fi icon when parked near the house or any indication that the truck is connecting?? BTW, the Ford documentation on this topic is very weak. I also tried calling the Ford Customer Service and they were useless. Same with Dealer. Frustrating...
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
In the settings menu make sure under WiFi that "Vehicle WiFi" is turned on. If it is you should have network connectivity options under it. Once that is turned on you should be able to scan for available WiFi sources and connect it to your house WiFi.

OP
OP

COLMtnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
In the settings menu make sure under WiFi that "Vehicle WiFi" is turned on. If it is you should have network connectivity options under it. Once that is turned on you should be able to scan for available WiFi sources and connect it to your house WiFi.
I did all that and still no Wi-Fi icon. However, as I mentioned, when I look at the Wi-fi network screen, it looks like I am connected to my home network??

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
OK. Just looked at in mine and in the Sync 3.4 version in WiFi settings, when vehicle WiFi is on there should be two other options, "View available networks" and "WiFi Availability Icon" Make sure the WiFi Availability icon switch is also on. If it is off then the WiFi signal icon will not show up on top right corner.

OP
OP

COLMtnRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
OK. Just looked at in mine and in the Sync 3.4 version in WiFi settings, when vehicle WiFi is on there should be two other options, "View available networks" and "WiFi Availability Icon" Make sure the WiFi Availability icon switch is also on. If it is off then the WiFi signal icon will not show up on top right corner.
That's helpful, but one more question. If truck connected to Ford Pass, you get an up&down arrow next to a location triangle which are all next to the cell phone icon. Have you ever seen those icons AND the Wi-fi icon at the same time? My theory is that if the Ford Pass icons are up, the Wi-fi icon won't come up...just a theory though ...

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Yep. It does. I currently do not have the truck's hot spot on in this pic. Just Ford Pass with location WiFi with the icon turned on while being connected to WiFi at my house.

20200515_183741_HDR_resized.jpg
Sponsored