Who Loves Their B&O Sound System?

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
I was listening to Jack Johnson in my Ranger today.
It sounded like Jack was sitting in the back seat, chillin' and playing his guitar!
The sound was crisp, clear and lively.... pure brilliance!
I have adjusted the settings to my preference and have the surround feature turned on.
I think this is one of the best sound systems I've heard in a vehicle.... and it's a damn TRUCK!
ā˜®
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
It sounded like Jack was sitting in the back seat, chillin' and playing his guitar!
I have adjusted the settings to my preference and have the surround feature turned on.
I think this is one of the best sound systems I've heard in a vehicle.... and it's a damn TRUCK!
ā˜®
1st system I have not had to tweak. Had they not had an equalizer in the stereo I may have added one. Great bass. I adjusted the center range to just a tick behind the front seats. I have tinnitus pretty bad, so my ears are finicky. Absolute only thing I may do is sound deaden the inner and outer door skins. Made a huge difference in my F150.

Last edited:

Timothy Farley

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat 4wd
ā˜®

I love it, honestly its the best I have seen in all my trucks I have owned.

AtillaTheHung

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger - 2010 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Vehicle Showcase
I don't even have the B&O system. However, I have been in Car Audio for a long time. The factory 6.5s in the doors sound pretty good compared to all the vehicles I have. (4Runner, 2010 Ranger, 2006 F-150, 1994 Blazer). In fact, the factory system in these trucks, even without the B&O, performs well enough that I'm debating on not doing anything to it.

Now, as for my competition system in my 2010. Before I ever put anything in it, the factory system was an absolute joke. The 6x8s and factory HU were abysmal. It now has 2 American Bass XR 10s with RF all around. The XRs are tuned to 28Hz in a 4net enclosure, and are all powered by a Hifonics BRZ 1500. I do right at 140.5dB at 30Hz in my 2010 Ranger.

Do I appreciate that Ford finally made a decent factory system? Yes. The 2006 F150 we have has the 8" woofer under the seat, with 6.5s in the doors, and tweeters. (Which was a package option back then, all factory.)

The non-B&O system in my Ranger outperforms the system in the F150.

So far, I believe the factory non B&O can extend to about 45Hz without having too much issue.

The best UPGRADE I can think of if you guys want to keep factory is THIS BEAST!

https://plugnplaykits.com/products/...250-2017-2018-f-350-2017-2018-f-450-2017-2019

If ANYONE can comment whether or not this works in the Ranger. We could most certainly have an absolute killer midbass system with just that kit and PowerBass OEM speakers.

https://powerbassusa.com/us/en/prod...cement-Component-Speaker-System-Ford-Lincoln/

I may make a thread on this.

This is my ideal setup for the truck. As it is not my competition truck when Car Audio comes into play.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Ranger Lariat,MB GLK250,ā€™21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
Sounds great. Easily outperforms the Bose systems I have had in other cars.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
I like it too. It is much better than the Sony system in my Focus.

dan1431

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
My Ranger has the B&O sound system and I have been very happy with it.

Surprisingly (I have zero clue why National had Rangers in the mid-size isle), I had 2020 Ranger Lariat without the B&O system as a rental and there was a noticeable sound difference between my Ranger and the rental Ranger.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

I will only briefly weigh in on this. The sound systems are like what Oil do you Use, What Octane Gasoline do you use, what Tune do you run, who do you use to lift your Ranger, what tire do you run. And so on....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Love mine, sounds great considering it came out of the factory like that! Iā€™m sure thereā€™s room for improvement but thatā€™s the case with just about everything.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
I also think my B&O audio sounds great. There's almost no need to do anything to it, other than maybe adding a small amp and sub for that really low bass. As it sits though, for a factory stereo, it sounds pretty awesome.

I was just helping a buddy with his truck last week, 2019 or 20 Ram 3500 limited platinum whatever their fully loaded version is that comes with a Harmon Kardon audio system, and it sounded like absolute garbage. There was no bass at all, and the tweeter positioning made them scream in your ears, but the mid bass frequencies were way over powering also. Just crap, but hey that's Dodge for ya! There was so little bass in that system that he had a car audio shop add an amp and sub, but had to bring it to me to set everything up nicely.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I also think my B&O audio sounds great. There's almost no need to do anything to it, other than maybe adding a small amp and sub for that really low bass. As it sits though, for a factory stereo, it sounds pretty awesome.

I was just helping a buddy with his truck last week, 2019 or 20 Ram 3500 limited platinum whatever their fully loaded version is that comes with a Harmon Kardon audio system, and it sounded like absolute garbage. There was no bass at all, and the tweeter positioning made them scream in your ears, but the mid bass frequencies were way over powering also. Just crap, but hey that's Dodge for ya! There was so little bass in that system that he had a car audio shop add an amp and sub, but had to bring it to me to set everything up nicely.

Hi Tray,

Another back story. Since we had many prototype trucks, and pool trucks(current production transportation). It was always a hoot to dial up the radio to full Volume on any truck you were in when you parked it. This way the poor sole that got in and started the truck has the radio at full volume, which was effective in startling the dailights out of the driver. It got so bad that the first thing you did when climbing into a prototype with a radio was to turn the knob down or off before starting the truck... Sigh...Those were the days. The old farts of the time, just hated the Rock music most of us listened to. Not something you would think of when dealing with Million dollar prototypes, but that was the way it was... Experimental Garage Mechanics played on us too. Start the vehicle and they would bang a wrench on the frame in beat with idle. We would rev the motor and they could increase the banging. I got sucked into this once before I figured it out. Big laugh for them on my young greenhorn self...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

JohnUSA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4
I just downsized from a RAM, with an Alpine system. That system kicked a$$.

The B&O system is on par. No complaints. I do not feel that I have a "less than" sound system. The engineers got this one right, IMHO.

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if most know, but B&O designs car stereo systems per model. So what you get in our Ranger is totally different than a mustang or BMW or F150 etc. The match the sound quality with the interior acoustic dynamics. I went to their website thru Ford. Com and watched the video pretty neat
Sponsored