Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Lo Pro installed. Tint done, Bed mat ordered DeeZee, Letters done.

unnamed (11).jpg
Sponsored

jh13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat
I picked up my Platinum White about a month ago. I was a little skeptical of paying extra for white, but once I saw it I LOVE the color. It's fantastic. I didn't do any appearance packages, but planning on plastidipping the grille black this weekend. Going to try and get rid of most of the chrome.

BTW...reading this thread, Platinum must be an OR/WA thing

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Something about the chrome package and Platinum white.... Chrome is not popular among the wheeling crowd. Black is more bad ass. LOL Being a former HD rider, Yeah I like Chrome....HA!

RJohans

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 Supercrew Sport
Occupation
Project Manager
In production! Just got my window sticker! (Now if only I knew what some of the little production/inventory/scheduling codes mean...)

Attachments

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
In production! Just got my window sticker! (Now if only I knew what some of the little production/inventory/scheduling codes mean...)
Ours must be next to each other on the production line. Same here, took from 2/15 until now to change status from processing to production

Mustang2Ranger

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger Lariat-FX4,4X4,White Platinum; 06 Escape
Hmmm, I was able to get the stone interior in a Lariat. I liked the chrome bumpers, but the whole chrome package was a bit too much chrome for me, so I've got white bumpers, etc. I liked the sport appearance, but didn't care for the dark wheels. I agonized over some of the options - at least the way Ford required you to package them. If I could pick and choose I'd do chrome bumpers with the sport appearance package minus the wheels. I still think what I got will look good - I just get concerned about getting the painted bumpers scratched up when I go down brushy Forest Service roads.

I'm starting to get worried I'm in some kind of "jail" now. My truck has been in production since last Thursday. I would expect it should be complete by now. A bit of good news - my FordPass app went to "Activation Pending" this morning, so maybe all is not lost....Fingers crossed.
I got mine in stone too! For awhile it would let you choose either color stone/ebony, but the website had a legitimate issue Ford was working to fix (I called them) where it would only let you choose ebony for awhile.

RJohans

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
I got mine in stone too! For awhile it would let you choose either color stone/ebony, but the website had a legitimate issue Ford was working to fix (I called them) where it would only let you choose ebony for awhile.
Yeah, I was told Ebony was the only option... Sheesh, you’d think somebody (Ford, webmaster?) would let the dealers know.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I was told Ebony was the only option... Sheesh, you’d think somebody (Ford, webmaster?) would let the dealers know.
On the Build and Price site, you should have been able to see all the options you could get.

RJohans

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
On the Build and Price site, you should have been able to see all the options you could get.
That’s what I’m saying. Ebony only when I built my truck online.

Then, while sitting with the salesman to place my order, he found the same thing.

RJohans

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Doesn’t matter now!

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That exact truck was in my local dealer's showroom...I came very close to buying it but I have absolutely no need for 4WD. Plus I would have preferred either no package or the chrome package. I don't care for the "almost black" magnetic trim

Ed Anderson

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, Lariat
Finally! It took forever, but I finally got my truck! I ordered it November 18 and finally got it April 12. I'm so happy with the truck. It exceeds all my expectations. I still want to add mud flaps and I'm having the bed sprayed, but after that I should be good to go.

While I'm happy with the truck, I'm still mad at Ford. I found out from the dealer that ALL pre-orders were processed in the order they were received. That meant that my pre-order was prioritized BEHIND all the dealers that placed their orders in August. That just doesn't seem like good customer service to me. I would have thought that customers would be prioritized, but that was not the case - at least that's what I was told as the reason why I had to wait so long for my truck.

But, it's here now, so I'm happy.

truck.jpg

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I will add mine to the list - I really like the White Platinum. And I just LOVE the truck - it was hard to wait, but it definitely was worth the wait:

20190414_174729(1).jpg
Sponsored