Which Running Boards/Side Steps did you purchase?

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Want to come back to this topic, do the stainless plates on the steps come off? If they do, are they black underneath?
They do come off, held on by 2 screws. I haven't taken them off to see what is underneath but I see black through the holes in the plates.
Sponsored

MBRanger

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Shadow Black
Occupation
Electrician
They do come off, held on by 2 screws. I haven't taken them off to see what is underneath but I see black through the holes in the plates.
Thanks!!

Harleyfever

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I bought the Steelcraft 4" 4X series Oval Nerf Bars from autoanything think they were about $235.

soccer26fan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Veteran
Has anyone mounted the Nfab podium on the 2020 Ranger? Their website says not compatible but some truck websites say they will work.. just curious as I like the look and would buy if it will work. Thanks!

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Yes, I ordered APS iBoard side step railings for my supercab 2020 Ranger. I'm very pleased with them. They cost about $200 on Amazon and took about an hour to install in the factory bolt holes. No drilling. Factory running boards are about $600. Easy choice.

Ranger Pic2 06-16-20.jpg
Do yours have a rubber pad on them? I bought a set because the description mentioned a nonslip rubber pad, and was really surprised when they arrived without any such rubber surface. I'm waiting to hear back from the seller if they had an inaccurate listing, or if perhaps they sent me the wrong item.

TheFixer253

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Do yours have a rubber pad on them? I bought a set because the description mentioned a nonslip rubber pad, and was really surprised when they arrived without any such rubber surface. I'm waiting to hear back from the seller if they had an inaccurate listing, or if perhaps they sent me the wrong item.
Mine did not have a rubber step pad on them and I just looked up the description and there was no mention of a rubber pad. I didn't want a rubber pad because it would deteriorate in the sun and become a maintenance concern. I have had no problems with firm footing, but I haven't gone through a winter yet.

I see that other options of the same side steps (Aluminum Silver) has the rubber step pads. I got the stainless steel black without rubber step surface.

Last edited:

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Mine did not have a rubber step pad on them and I just looked up the description and there was no mention of a rubber pad. I didn't want a rubber pad because it would deteriorate in the sun and become a maintenance concern. I have had no problems with firm footing, but I haven't gone through a winter yet.

I see that other options of the same side steps (Aluminum Silver) has the rubber step pads. I got the stainless steel black without rubber step surface.
Thanks for the response. I got the black powder coated aluminum. I'm concerned about winter, as I could see a snow-packed boot slipping right down those grooves. Depending on what the seller says, I guess I could just spray something on the top surface to get a little more traction if my concern is justified.

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL

Thanks for the response. I got the black powder coated aluminum. I'm concerned about winter, as I could see a snow-packed boot slipping right down those grooves. Depending on what the seller says, I guess I could just spray something on the top surface to get a little more traction if my concern is justified.
Heard back from the seller. They said the rubber pad was eliminated as part of a redesign, and the marketing department hasn't yet gotten caught up on changing all the variations of the listing.

Fastfitzy

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
I went with the black coated 3” oval nerf bars from Lund, the price at the time was $96 on amazon, since then has gone up. But I really like them they have the classic look and can’t beat the price point
CD3228D0-EF13-4B0B-890A-CD3E86672BA5.jpeg

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Took them a while to develop but works well on mine.

8E5E0F19-223E-4630-BC2B-7BB860AA97EF.jpeg

C13F3F8B-915F-43A0-9659-85615DB5F372.jpeg

D1CC0DA4-E3E1-4ADD-BC89-039457B4447D.jpeg
Update.
6 months later and still doing well.
Oiled the pins just getting ready for Winter, which in Tennessee is not bad. Used a silicon based oil with wide temp range.

KnightRanger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2016 Harley FLSS,
Vehicle Showcase
ADD lite side steps for me.
(nothing light about it, its built like a tank! lol)
I had them on my 19 Lariat and now on my 20 Roush Ranger.
Very well made and sturdy and it actually installs closer to the body and higher than the factory side steps.

87023F0A-E206-42EA-9E4B-90749BCD981D.jpeg

9952DE83-2280-4D9C-A699-FF05A6944BD9.jpeg

AB2B85A0-AFE0-4387-8808-B6DCA4E00669.jpeg

B2846EA4-58F9-4B80-ACCF-A96E80106435.jpeg

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO

NMRanger

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Legal Operations

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Curious what you thought of them? In the market for some running boards and don't want to pay too much but also don't want to regret a purchase to save a buck or two.
Sorry, the truck hasn't been built yet. However, the step bars are well built. They certainly aren't light weight. The packing slip showed 42 lbs., and I'll attest that they are that heavy. I think they'll do the job.
Sponsored