First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Oh no! Sorry about that, I'll have to remember the time difference for us and only post after 8 your time (I'm sure you're probably up, but you don't need to be digging around under seats that early in the day!).

Thanks for looking, I appreciate it! =)
No worries I'm up early. Besides this time of year it's cooler out early in the morning, if it were any later you were on your own. lol ?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It does look like it's 10mm, I'll stick a socket on it (I have one out from the drop step install).

Great idea with the mirror! I even have an old one on a telescoping rod for engine work but I totally FORGOT about it. Duh on me!

Sheesh, I was trying to figure out how to use my phone. Man, I've been fully indoctrinated into the digital era! Bah ...

Thanks Ranger Pride for slapping me back to common sense, but you'll have to slap me even harder about a tailgate damper!

I found myself wondering how helpful it would be. I was able to snap myself back but I'm worried that even started contemplating one! =D
Better yet just take a few pictures under your seat, email them to yourself and look from your computer on a larger screen. No sense trying to bend down there and possibly throw out a hip. At our age you need to think about safety first! ?‍⚕??‍⚕:wink:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So I installed Wet Okole seat covers Sunday and what a pain those are!

But as I was futzing with the front passenger seat, this fell out toward the outside rear underside of the seat.

Great ... this stuff bugs me and it certainly isn't an "extra" part. I couldn't see anything missing a nut but it must be to something like the seat raiser and layer-backer thingie.

It doesn't look like it's had a socket on it. So either that means it was placed on and never tightened or maybe what, did uit just fall in from the extra parts when they build seats? I can't believe a nut would fall into a seat during assembly?

Any ideas?

If you know of detailed parts diagrams, I'd sure be appreciative to look at them (I've only looked for a few minutes and no luck yet).

Or maybe this is meant to be missing as another "deleted item" from Ford Rangers! =D

mystery-nut.jpg
Hi David,

It is a UBS flange nut... Uniform Bearing Surface It does not show signs of being installed as near I can tell... I think it is an extra nut that fell out of the operator's hand/installation tool, etc...

best,
Phil

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Seems to be a seed from northern american lug nut tree (junglans lugga nugga). I would agreed to the earlier squirrel deposit as the protective polymer outer husk has been chewed away and only the pure seed is visible. If you plant it, do reserve a sizable spot as it will grow to a full sized home depot when older.

OP
OP
subquark

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Hi David,

It is a UBS flange nut... Uniform Bearing Surface It does not show signs of being installed as near I can tell... I think it is an extra nut that fell out of the operator's hand/installation tool, etc...

best,
Phil
Thank you Phil, as someone who has real experience with Ford, I tremendously value your words. In fact, I have learned many, many things from you over the last few months. Like what a UBS flange nut is (better to hear that from you than as a diagnosis from a doctor!). =D

Thanks for that explanation, I absolutely will sleep better (not that I was losing too much sleep, but it all adds up!).

Thanks Phil and phew! =)

OP
OP
subquark

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Seems to be a seed from northern american lug nut tree (junglans lugga nugga). I would agreed to the earlier squirrel deposit as the protective polymer outer husk has been chewed away and only the pure seed is visible. If you plant it, do reserve a sizable spot as it will grow to a full sized home depot when older.
Hmm, junglans lugga nugga? Either that's a health supplement or something Ford deleted from the latest Rangers!

I did get a chuckle out of the Hope Depot bit, man, I better water this well, I'd love to be the owner of one, then I'd trade in my XL for a Lariat with fancy butt warmers! =D

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

But as I was futzing with the front passenger seat, this fell out toward the outside rear underside of the seat.

Great ... this stuff bugs me and it certainly isn't an "extra" part. I couldn't see anything missing a nut but it must be to something like the seat raiser and layer-backer thingie.

It doesn't look like it's had a socket on it. So either that means it was placed on and never tightened or maybe what, did uit just fall in from the extra parts when they build seats? I can't believe a nut would fall into a seat during assembly?

Any ideas?

If you know of detailed parts diagrams, I'd sure be appreciative to look at them (I've only looked for a few minutes and no luck yet).

Or maybe this is meant to be missing as another "deleted item" from Ford Rangers! =D

mystery-nut.jpg

This is the only thing I could find online.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-wiper-arm-nut-w716490s450b

OP
OP
subquark

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
We bought a bag of Guac chips at Sam's Club a while back. Of course when I got to the truck I had to try them,.??
Yeah, right.......I find that hard to believe. As Tracy @Tracy Bowman would say :turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey:.

OP
OP
subquark

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Being that it looks like a 10mm nut. Any chance there was a 10mm socket hiding under there too - the same socket size we all keep losing?.
LOL, my '72 FJ40 has gobs of friggin' 10mm nuts and bolts. There must be two dozen holding the fiberglass roof on. If it's not a 10mm, then it's likely a 12mm, a zillion of those too. And then the next most prevalent jumps up to 17mm!

Dunneldeen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
This would be my guess as well. The threads don't look like they had ever been engaged, likely just a loose nut that went MIA during assembly (kind of a "so that is where that went.." thing).
Of course, it could be unmarked because it never made contact with the bolt it goes to. Doesn't mean your seat isn't going to fall off one day. :devil:

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student

Any ideas?

mystery-nut.jpg
Thats a recalled part
Sponsored