Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
With my new P285 70 17 Wildpeak AT3Ws my speedo is only off by 3 mph at 50 (When speedo shows 50 you are actually going 53 mph). I couldn't be happier with that. I'll adjust it with Forscan soon as I get up the courage to play with that..

JimboAnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 - Sold
With my new P285 70 17 Wildpeak AT3Ws my speedo is only off by 3 mph at 50 (When speedo shows 50 you are actually going 53 mph). I couldn't be happier with that. I'll adjust it with Forscan soon as I get up the courage to play with that..
I dont have the courage to go in to my trucks ECU lol. Can / will the dealer do this ? any idea

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I dont have the courage to go in to my trucks ECU lol. Can / will the dealer do this ? any idea
IIRC a few have asked their dealers and they wouldn't do it but I guess if you knew your service manager good they might. You can also correct it with a tune so it's a good excuse to get one. ;)

Edit: With the tune you just hook it to the ODB port and use the touch screen to get to the tire adjustment page. From there you just enter in the numbers. It's really easy and little to no chance of messing it up and I probably would with Forscan.

JimboAnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 - Sold
IIRC a few have asked their dealers and they wouldn't do it but I guess if you knew your service manager good they might. You can also correct it with a tune so it's a good excuse to get one. ;)
10/4, good info thank you. Maye I can find a local forskinner to assist ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
10/4, good info thank you. Maye I can find a local forskinner to assist ?
I just edited my post but it's really easy to do with the tuner. I went up to 265/70 R17 and changed it to 660 on the tuner and now I'm very close, within 1 mph. You could always ask one of the younger neighborhood kids to help you out. ?

IMG_3491.jpg

IMG_3492.jpg

briwill70

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I have the same 18" wheels and pondering upsizing like you did when I need new rubber. Did you have your speedo adjusted? I think it should be a 2-3 mph difference at ~65 mph.
I adjusted the tire size with FORSCAN. Pretty easy once you get it working. Also got rid of the double honk, changed the startup screen and enabled high beams and fog lights to work together.
Sponsored