What rock sliders do you have? Lets see them!

OP
OP
adv_ranger

adv_ranger

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Medical Student
Here's some pictures of my White Knuckle sliders. I have to confess that I will likely not need them for the degree of offroading that I do - mainly fireroad stuff - but IMO they clean up the look of the truck and are easier to step over when I get into the truck. Now I just have to find a home for the old running boards.
Ranger RS1.jpg
Ranger RS4.jpg
Ranger RS2.jpg
Wow these look so clean! Thanks for the share. What were your considerations for going without the top plate? Personally I prefer the look of an open slider, but one could argue that the top plate does add increase protection for the door sill.
Sponsored

OP
OP
adv_ranger

adv_ranger

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Medical Student
IMG_1366.jpg

I too have the Rocky Road Sliders with the kick outs and they are awesome. Bolted on. I had my ace mechanic do the drilling and work. He did a super awesome job.
thumbnail_20230617_180314.jpg
I'm nervous to drill holes in my frame given that my holes drilled for my prinsu have been a headache for some time. They look stellar!

dano42

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Ranger Lariat Tremor, 2018 BMW X5
Occupation
Retired!
Wow these look so clean! Thanks for the share. What were your considerations for going without the top plate? Personally I prefer the look of an open slider, but one could argue that the top plate does add increase protection for the door sill.
I guess out would be that the top plate would trap more dirt/sand- I drive on the beach from time to time and the sand sticks to everything.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
oh man! great work with no ironie! in germania this would result an immediate complete decommissioning of the car... no drilling or welding on the frame except by the manufacturer or certified coachbuilders…🤬😵
Yep, the TUV can be very strict!

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I'm nervous to drill holes in my frame given that my holes drilled for my prinsu have been a headache for some time. They look stellar!
Nico, I was nervous too but my mechanic is so awesome and had all the right tools so I said cool do it. He also said it would be better this way than welding them on! It is probably easier welding than drilling all those holes but I do trust him. They are perfectly aligned on both sides.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
And the bottom third to half of the door. Ask me how I know 😏

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
White Knuckle sliders. They’re awesome and I’m glad I added the top plate option. No more stone chips along the bottom of the doors.

IMG_8083.jpeg

IMG_8051.jpeg

IMG_8058.jpeg
Looking good, man! Do they do double duty as steps? Can you use them to get in and out of the truck? I want the added protection and do not need steps, but my petite spouse does...

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Looking good, man! Do they do double duty as steps? Can you use them to get in and out of the truck? I want the added protection and do not need steps, but my petite spouse does...
They do work as a step. Not as good as the Tremor steps but they serve a purpose. I ordered the straight out ones and they offer a 15 degree up tilt. The tilted ones looked like the step function would be non existent.

Blackeagle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Whitewater Rafting Guide
Hot Metal Fab sliders:

IMG_7529.jpeg
IMG_7528.jpeg
IMG_7527.jpeg
IMG_7525.jpeg

OP
OP
adv_ranger

adv_ranger

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Medical Student
Hot Metal Fab sliders:

IMG_7529.jpeg
IMG_7528.jpeg
IMG_7527.jpeg
IMG_7525.jpeg
Nice! Love the dimpled tread plate!!! Also dig the color of your truck, if I could wrap my truck I would do it in a nice forest green like that. Thanks for the share!
Sponsored