What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Please pardon my ignorance David, but what is that used for? Thanks!
And here it is mounted. I replaced the 2 1/2" bolt with a 2" and placed the lock nut on the top.

You can see the slot in the top of the vertical adjustment rail where the ball mount part is meant to pull off for disassembly and assembly. If the hitch was mounted further out with the second hole, it's possible that the ball assembly could be removed by nefarious types.

B&W will supply you with an anti-theft plate for free if you ask when you order. It's no longer needed with this honkin' anti-rattle thing. A bit beefier than many online and maybe all this extra weight means I'll have great traction come winter! =D

hitch.jpg

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
And here it is mounted. I replaced the 2 1/2" bolt with a 2" and placed the lock nut on the top.

You can see the slot in the top of the vertical adjustment rail where the ball mount part is meant to pull off for disassembly and assembly. If the hitch was mounted further out with the second hole, it's possible that the ball assembly could be removed by nefarious types.

B&W will supply you with an anti-theft plate for free if you ask when you order. It's no longer needed with this honkin' anti-rattle thing. A bit beefier than many online and maybe all this extra weight means I'll have great traction come winter! =D

hitch.jpg
Looks pretty darn stout to me! Ought to be able to adjust for most any trailer tongue height! What are you planning on pulling with it, if I can ask!

Reactions: Doc

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Looks pretty darn stout to me! Ought to be able to adjust for most any trailer tongue height! What are you planning on pulling with it, if I can ask!
It's more stout than I thought when ordered, certainly a chunky thing.

Good question, a U-Haul car transport to drag my '72 FJ40 to my daughter's house - she wants to restore it. But that's a one-time thing this summer.

I'll probably be renting a Bobcat and mini excavator in the near future and that'll be on a rental trailer.

And we'd like to get a small travel trailer, like a Lance 1475s.

In the past we had a small "sport" trailer for our kayaks and bikes and we may want something like that again. That's a small ball at 1 7/8" and those tend to have low hitch heights.

The hitch has a good reputation and is US-made, and since I'm not sure what we'll haul, the tri-ball setup made sense.

So, really, nothing specific except the U-haul, hell of a reason to buy a Ranger! =)

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
I am very partial to gen-y hitches myself.

I know. Opinions are like assholes.
Everybody gots one

20220519_123426.jpg
That's an awesome hitch and built like a tank! I pity anyone that rear ends you!

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
That's an awesome hitch and built like a tank! I pity anyone that rear ends you!
They are very strong hitches! Seen too many bw hitches bent.
GEN-Y has a wide selection hitches. But i do not carry it on the receiver. I keep it stored behind the back seat. Too expensive to keep out. I guess i could keep it on there to look cool, like many truck owners. But really, i only need it when towing. ?

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
So ... after thinking about the rear camera and also wanting to open the tailgate while in the bed ... I went to the dark side.

Plus I also got the "missing" tie downs.

It did start raining before I could put it on, probably God's tears for my lapse.

IMG_20220528_152140515.jpg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I got a Gooloo jump start doohickey! I wish I had it last week when my wife's Corolla died. I had to dig out my 35 year old Craftsman battery charger instead (but it still works like a champ).

https://us.gooloo.com/products/gp4000?variant=40087185817796

gooloo.jpg
So do these types of things now take the place of jumper cables?
Not sure this would work in the AZ summer, as it's only rated to 104* F.
Our summers often get above 110* for days and days on end, meaning the temp inside the truck will be well beyond that.

JUMP-START CAR IN EXTREME WEATHER
The operating temperature of GP4000 is under -4°F~104°F(-20°C~40°C).

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So do these types of things now take the place of jumper cables?
Not sure this would work in the AZ summer, as it's only rated to 104* F.
Our summers often get above 110* for days and days on end, meaning the temp inside the truck will be well beyond that.

JUMP-START CAR IN EXTREME WEATHER
The operating temperature of GP4000 is under -4°F~104°F(-20°C~40°C).
They do Chris. I bought the one below because it's rated up to 149* F which will be good for our temps here. ?

https://www.audew.com/Audew-20000mA...l-Engine-with-LCD-Power-Display-p-100058.html