What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Got my WeatherTech Window Deflector driver's side replacement part today and surprise! They sent me a complete new set instead of just the one driver's side which I broke when trying to install it. Will put in on tomorrow in the hope that the wind noise will diminish. Pics are showing only the passenger side Deflector installed:

Replacemen Deflectors.jpg

Installed (close up 1).jpg

Installed (close up 2).jpg

Installed (medium range).jpg

Distance.jpg

Last edited:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I just received my license tags for the next two years. $500+.
Ouch. Here it is like $50 for two years
There’s a provincial election here - the incumbent just eliminated the need for the license plate sticker and the annual $120 fee. To try and win as many votes as possible, he also announced a rebate for all tag fees for the past two years and mailed out cheques. We still have to register the vehicle online every year. Now he has to figure out where to find the $1 billion per year he just gave up. ??‍♂

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
There’s a provincial election here - the incumbent just eliminated the need for the license plate sticker and the annual $120 fee. To try and win as many votes as possible, he also announced a rebate for all tag fees for the past two years and mailed out cheques. We still have to register the vehicle online every year. Now he has to figure out where to find the $1 billion per year he just gave up. ??‍♂
more fuel tax?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
more fuel tax?
Nope, lower. He promised a 10-cent per litre reduction in the fuel tax to get elected in his first term. Kept part of his promise and lowered it by 4.7 cents. With the election coming up, he was asked about his broken promise, so he said, he’ll lower it by the remaining 5.3 cents if he’s re-elected. ???

You can’t make this stuff up. ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
When will they learn that nothing is ever free? At some point someone is going to have to pay for it and we all know who it'll be....Us! :curse:

Rob09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.25 XLT
Just got notification my TRAC ELECTRONICS auto-mirror fold and tailgate central locking kits have arrived at my local post office. So now I have them, and the new grill for my wife's car that was delivered today, to install over the weekend.

I did promise my wife too, so hers comes first (full bumper removal too, yay :().

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Just got notification my TRAC ELECTRONICS auto-mirror fold and tailgate central locking kits have arrived at my local post office. So now I have them, and the new grill for my wife's car that was delivered today, to install over the weekend.

I did promise my wife too, so hers comes first (full bumper removal too, yay :().
Post pics of the mirrors in operation.

Signed, a fellow Queen-loving Commonwealther!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It was email but I bought an extended warranty last night from Flood Ford. I figured I'm going to keep this truck at least a couple more years so I bought the 6/75,000 with the LED lights and a $100 deductible.

Also with the heater box situation I have going on now there's no way I'll be able to get it fixed before our trip and once I'm back my 3/36 will be close to expiring. I called Peoria Ford yesterday and they want me to drop it off for a week just so they can look at it. Then it could be another 7-10 days before it's fixed and that's assuming parts are available. :facepalm: I'll just pull the actuator out later this week and manually move it to cool. It rarely gets that cold here where I need heat and if it does I'll manually move it back. Fun times we're living in with all these shortages now!

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Power wire, speaker wire, 50A breaker, fuse/distribution box, carpet, MDF board, steel panel, COM paint kit, and a bunch of other stuff to support the GMRS install. I think I'm at almost $800 in install parts cost for the $400 radio. ? Don't tell my wife. I already got the Lariat speaker, speaker pigtail and speaker grill for the center dash location. I'm still working on adding the radio's remote face plate to the lower dash trim, I'm losing the right accessory plug, but I may just order that wireless charging kit and a second AA Wireless interface and hardwire that charger behind the panel there.
Antenna is going to go from the cab of the truck to the bed and then up to a mounted type n coupler on the fixed part of the tonneau cover. The antenna on the roof magnet mount will then have its lead shortened to reach the coupler on the tonneau cover and a type N connection on it. To guide that lead down the back of the cab on the glass I got a set of those clear command strip light string clips. Goal is to get those clipped just right so the antenna coax is not laying on the paint over the back corner there. Hoping it can go from the antenna, over the roof rack and over the cab without touching, then into the clips on the glass. The antenna coax is pretty stiff, so it may work.

I still have a few more things to order that will also use that power distribution block. I plan to add a 3rd brake light on the bottom of my tri-fold tonneau cover so that while it is propped in the full open position I have a visible brake like up there. Also, what to add bed lights under the tonneau cover. I plan to just tap into the wires for the EBC t-tap at the high mount light so that the truck's wiring is not tapped at all. But those lights are and the relays for them are not bought yet, but will be later after the radio install is done, but I will have the wires run where needed back there.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Duke, that's a welcome break! So, if the incumbent wins, you can add $120 per year plus the rebate check to your Ranger budget without any guilt! :whew: :clap:

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Duke, that's a welcome break! So, if the incumbent wins, you can add $120 per year plus the rebate check to your Ranger budget without any guilt! :whew: :clap:
Oh no Paul, he cancelled the tag fee and put the rebates in place regardless of the outcome. He’ll only lower the fuel tax to the full amount he promised the first time around - if he’s re-elected. He could have likely guaranteed himself more votes if he‘d swapped those two things around - talk about playing the wrong card first - he’s not that bright. Remember the crack-smoking, drunken Toronto Mayor, Rob Ford (ironic, huh)? This guy’s his brother. :facepalm:

I had two vehicles registered for the previous two years and had just recently paid for 2022 - so, I received a fat cheque for three years of rebates for two vehicles and a $240 bump in the annual mods budget - it’s the gift that keeps on giving. :like::clap::rockon:

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers