What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
It hit me tonight when I got my first senior discount at dinner. ? But I guess getting old has some perks as we saved $10.00 on dinner.?

A few years ago I pulled up to the McDonalds speaker to order a cup of coffee. $1.23 She said. So when I got to the window she said that will be $85 cents. I guess she saw the puzzled look because she then said "well you didn't tell me you were a senior" :frown:

Oh well it is better than the alternative. Now days I don't hesitate to ask for the senior discount.
:p?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
A few years ago I pulled up to the McDonalds speaker to order a cup of coffee. $1.23 She said. So when I got to the window she said that will be $85 cents. I guess she saw the puzzled look because she then said "well you didn't tell me you were a senior" :frown:

Oh well it is better than the alternative. Now days I don't hesitate to ask for the senior discount.
Some places give senior discounts at 55, I'm 56 and my girlfriend is 59. You bet for now on I'll be asking for them.....more money for mods now. lol ?

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Some places give senior discounts at 55, I'm 56 and my girlfriend is 59. You bet for now on I'll be asking for them.....more money for mods now. lol ?
Maybe I should buy some stock in DEE-ZEE ? :crackup: ?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

A couple of years ago, I rode with my husband on his motorcycle to Thunder Beach at Panama City Beach. We had a great day & were feeling our oats. We rode through a thunderstorm on the way home & decided to stop at a McDonald's for a cup of coffee. I hopped off the motorcycle, drenched, but feeling exhilarated and young. Same thing. I gave the young lady the exact change for our two coffees and she handed me some change back. When I questioned why, she said she had forgotten to give us our senior discount. Talk about being deflated!! :frown: What the heck! Once we realized that, yes, we are seniors, we laughed and enjoyed our coffee. Doesn't bother me at all now, but the first time was a shock!:giggle:

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
A couple of years ago, I rode with my husband on his motorcycle to Thunder Beach at Panama City Beach. We had a great day & were feeling our oats. We rode through a thunderstorm on the way home & decided to stop at a McDonald's for a cup of coffee. I hopped off the motorcycle, drenched, but feeling exhilarated and young. Same thing. I gave the young lady the exact change for our two coffees and she handed me some change back. When I questioned why, she said she had forgotten to give us our senior discount. Talk about being deflated!! :frown: What the heck! Once we realized that, yes, we are seniors, we laughed and enjoyed our coffee. Doesn't bother me at all now, but the first time was a shock!:giggle:
I remember the first time when I was 55 I asked for a senior discount and got the Look of WTF so I flipped out my Buckeye card. Was told I didn't look it and started to flirt with the young gal and my wife looked at me with evil eyes. Oh Boy but I couldn't help myself. :blush::crazy::LOL:

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
A little lame, but I received a wash mop from Amazon. It is sort of like a wash mitt with an extension pole on it, so I can reach the roof and the very center of the hood.

I was using a ladder to reach those areas, but having a gravel driveway and parking areas, I could see the day where the ladder would tip and mark up the Ranger.

I would like to get a power washer one day and I kick myself for virtually giving one away at a dock sale a few years ago. I would also love a foam cannon, but having all of those extra suds so close to the lake, is a non starter for me.

The less lame items I am waiting for, are all still back ordered, I am patient, so they will come, when they come.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
A little lame, but I received a wash mop from Amazon. It is sort of like a wash mitt with an extension pole on it, so I can reach the roof and the very center of the hood.

I was using a ladder to reach those areas, but having a gravel driveway and parking areas, I could see the day where the ladder would tip and mark up the Ranger.

I would like to get a power washer one day and I kick myself for virtually giving one away at a dock sale a few years ago. I would also love a foam cannon, but having all of those extra suds so close to the lake, is a non starter for me.

The less lame items I am waiting for, are all still back ordered, I am patient, so they will come, when they come.
I just got my new electric power washer and foam cannon last week. I sold all 3 of my gas ones when I moved out here and I had an older foam cannon and wanted a newer one. I do like the electric one for the truck as it's not as powerful as my gas ones. Also it shuts off after releasing the trigger so it doesn't ruin the pump which is nice along with not having to worry about running out of gas. Here are the links in case you want to spend some more money. ?

Power Washer:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073FCV1ZC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Foam Cannon:

https://www.amazon.com/TriNova-Cann...ncoding=UTF8&refRID=46Q3GZZT5B1312CGZWCJ&th=1

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Alright!!! Suicide knobs make a return. I' m removing power/power assist steering now!

That's great Phil, thanks for sharing.
Hi Terry,

Installed my buddty's 1965 Chrysler Newport

Suicide knob.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Terry,

Suicide knob.jpg
Between getting my first senior discount Saturday night and these suicide knobs now I'm really feeling old. ?

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Between getting my first senior discount Saturday night and these suicide knobs now I'm really feeling old. ?
Hey Dave completely off subject but could you go to conversations I have a weird thing happening on this site and I don't want to air it out on here. Thanks

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Terry,

Suicide knob.jpg
One of my dad's first work cars that I remember was an army green (almost) Chevrolet, one of those round ones, with the slopping back-end (kinda 1950 coupe I think).

That was my first introduction to the knob and its purpose - needed a way to crank the huge ship's wheel easy enough to park and not tie your arms into knots while doing it. I think I may have learned a cuss word or two when I rode with him in that beast. :blush:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
It hit me tonight when I got my first senior discount at dinner. ? But I guess getting old has some perks as we saved $10.00 on dinner.?
Jeez, you're just a kid still. Add 15 years to it and then you'll be almost out of your teens :crackup:.

I'll see if I can find your a knitted button-up sweater to wear while you admire the slowness of the tailgate fall ;)

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Jeez, you just a kid still. Add 15 years to it and then you'll be almost out of your teens :crackup:.

I'll see if I can find your a knitted button-up sweater to wear while you admire the slowness of the tailgate fall ;)
I'll wear it while in my rocker smoking my pipe. ?