What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
got my new exhaust tip.

Well I guess if we don't see you on here for a while it's because you have the CoronaVirus or you're in the ER from your new exhaust tip. :LOL: :LOL:

stevensc

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2019 XLT
Occupation
Retired seller of Sugar Cane Equipment
Well I guess if we don't see you on here for a while it's because you have the CoronaVirus or you're in the ER from your new exhaust tip. :LOL: :LOL:
looks like you have been feeding it beans!
Steve W

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I fully expect that post to be deleted at some point...enjoy the humor while you can. Happy Corona season :like:
While a little off color, I thought it was pretty funny...

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I can only imagine what the banner ads will be on the main page now. lol

Texas Scout

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, White Platinum
On Saturday March 21 I received two tie-down hooks and four bolts from Varsity Ford Parts that I needed to install a passenger side Swing Case.

Attempted to order from my local Ford dealership, was told 6-8 week nationwide back order.
Ordered from the Ford dealership where I purchased my truck, same story as local dealer.
Decided to order online from Varsity Ford Parts, ordered March 17, shipped March 19, arrived March 21, Swing Case installed March 21, Saturday afternoon.

"Step 3" of my Swing Case installation states: Remove the four (4) T40 torx bolts and the existing tiedowns. They were indicating to remove the rear corner tie-down and the center tie-down on the passenger side, because the bolts used to install the striker bracket (and tie-downs) are the original center and corner tie-down bolts.

Problem: I did not have a center tie-down with bolts to remove, and since I had purchased my truck with the Ford Tough factory spray-in bed liner I did not want to remove a second tie-down hook from another corner. Of course I could have purchased two M8, 1.25 bolts to complete the install without the center tie-down original bolts, but the Swing Case installation allows for the use of the original tie-downs after the install.

Solution: Moved the original corner tie-down hook that had been sprayed to the center on the driver's side of the bed, used the two new hooks for the installation, so I now have my Swing Case and six tie-down hooks.

Just the facts: 4 Bolts -W505594-S450B, 2 Hook-Tie KB3Z-21550A74-A
Used a M8, 1.25 tap to clean the tie-down bolt threads, used M6, 1.0 tap to clean the holes for the truck bracket.

Texas Scout

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reading other threads on this forum some folks presumed they had four tie-downs because they had purchased an XL or an XLT. Based on the 2019 Ford Ranger marketing brochure that would be an incorrect assumption.

My 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat built in Sept 2019 and purchased mid Oct 2019 only had four corner tie-downs upon delivery. I came to the realization after reading multiple threads in this forum Ford "must have decided" in the May-June time frame of 2019 to only install the four tie-downs in the corners and not install the two center tie-downs.

Total speculation on my part, but IMHO Ford at the time was having supply issues with the tie-down hook manufacturer (states on the parts packages for the hooks and bolts they are manufactured in Taiwan, not that there's anything wrong with that at all), so a decision was made to keep the trucks rolling off the assembly line to only install four vs six.

Others in this forum have stated it was most likely an accounting cost reduction mandate. My issue with that position is the 2019 Ford Ranger marketing brochure is VERY specific regarding the number of tie-downs.

The 2019 Ford Ranger marketing brochure CLEARLY states on the STANDARD FEATURES page for XL, XLT, and Lariat models In the Exterior Section Pickup box tie-down hooks (6). In print, one "might" consider that "is" a contract since it is the defacto sales marketing material.

Check out the attached pdf of the STANDARD FEATURES page

Attachments

Last edited:

Texas Scout

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I decided to post my experience here in this forum because of the activity/visibility in this thread,
and I did get my Swing Case and tie-down hooks and bolts in the mail. :like:

I read today in this thread or another a dealership told a 2019-20 Ford Ranger customer they "could" install the missing middle tie-down hooks for $130.

Seriously! $130. Total parts cost is $27, shipping if needed is $5-10, so I guess they added $100 labor cost to screw in 4 bolts.

Just might be time for that customer to find another dealership, or just buy the parts and do the install themselves.

The rest of the story: I decided to NOT fight city hall (in this case Ford or the dealership) to compensate me for the $27 in parts and $9 shipping for the two tie-down hooks and four bolts. I was very happy with my dealership and the "deal" for my Ranger, and I continue to enjoy and am very happy with my 2019 Ford Ranger. Life is Good, Enjoy the Ride!

Last edited:

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Received my Rough Country tow hook to shackle conversion today.

Reactions: Doc

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase