What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Here is the final picture of the SCCA Saleen Ranger Racetruck at the LeMay Auto Museum in Tacoma WA. It will be on display for a year...

RangeratLeMayMuseum_1.jpg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Center console safe installed. Now I just need something to go in it. Anybody have recommendations?

IMG_20191116_105118.jpg

IMG_20191116_105144.jpg
One of the things that deter me from this is there is no surface storage and cost. Coin slots, etc... Is it a whole metal insert,(like a safe), or is it just a combo lock lid?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
One of the things that deter me from this is there is no surface storage and cost. Coin slots, etc... Is it a whole metal insert,(like a safe), or is it just a combo lock lid?

I bought the drop in plastic console tray from eBay because I too like the top storage and coin tray. This one looks to be a drop in insert. Here's a video from the same company but installed in a Ram.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

BHunted

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, 2019 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the drop in plastic console tray from eBay because I too like the top storage and coin tray. This one looks to be a drop in insert. Here's a video from the same company but installed in a Ram.
Imagine struggling to put that safe is a small Ranger console if you are a big guy/big hands, etc... ;)

Lets face it.The Ranger has terrible options for storage.
- Glove box is easy access but not a strong secure area.
- They give you a big pit in the console with a dumb little coin dish. What's up with that...? I bought the Chinese knock off that required dremeling the corners so the lid could drop in and secure. Better option. Ford didn't think of that?
- The above safe is just not convenient IMHO. you really can't put simple things on top and while it gives you a big cavity, you'd still have to dig for something. If you are using it solely to secure your gun, then its fine. But I keep more stuff in the console than a weapon.

Would have been nice if they had the 2 part console lid. The pit and the top tray, both separate like in some vehicles.
If you have/need a place for your gun to be secure, there are better options. Either carry it...(I carry a Sig P365)....
or place it in a secure keyed or combo lock box under one of your seats. The have that secure locker under the rear passenger side you can install but it is of no use for semi quick retrieval of your weapon. I rarely remove my pistol from my holster except for long drivers.... I don't have to lock it if I pull it out.

Here is some options to lock your weapon securely if need be.
I use one of these till I can figure out how/where I can mount a slider.
SnapSafe secured under seat.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XQVYY24/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Vaultek Slider... I already use one of their VT20i series in the house....I'd rather spend the money on the slider...
https://vaulteksafe.com/product/vaultek-safes/colion-noir-edition/

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Here is the final picture of the SCCA Saleen Ranger Racetruck at the LeMay Auto Museum in Tacoma WA. It will be on display for a year...

RangeratLeMayMuseum_1.jpg

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Yep, now I have an excuse to go back to the museum. Looks great, Phil!

jeb134

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Got an LED lighting kit for the bed and a call from the dealership that my splash guards that I purchased with my FordPass points arrived.

C46D610F-0C2B-49C4-A4A6-AC11856D6C7C.jpeg

Tangent

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford XL Ranger 4x4 Supercrew
Vehicle Showcase
My RokBlokz are supposed to show up by 8, they've got an hour I guess, but I have my doubts. Won't get to install them until this weekend anyway. Hoping my engine shroud, damper and side vents show up at the dealer this weekend, will give me something to do while paint is drying on the wheels.

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my Ford Hood Deflector & Black Platinum Ranger Tailgate letters!

A6399026-07EB-476C-99FB-90CA27A421EE.jpeg