What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Reading their web site, I gather it just gives a better seat position.
I'm not too short, but I like to sit high, and with my seat all the way up, it's OK, but I feel like I'm "leaning forward" even with the seat front up. These look like they will raise the front to a more comfortable position where my knees are a bit higher than my tush.
Hay, for $80 bucks it's worth a try....spend more than that on a good meal for two now-a-days.
Also, cheaper than a tank of gas !
Go sign up for their newsletter. They sent me a code for 5% off. Not much, but will probably cover shipping.

Colo_Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
subquark....a review is necessary...ASAP !!!
Had them for about 3000 miles. Work great. Leans you back a tad. I didn't have a problem with the seat in factory configuration, but I like to try new things. I like to sit as low to the floor as possible. I'm 5'9, so definitely not tall. I like to feel like I'm sitting in the truck, rather than on it.

I also have the bracket for the front. I'm working on things to hang on there still, so its a work in progress.
N2L8hrmJApl_4uWAG5xSPMWCA=w1278-h959-no?authuser=0.jpg

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Had them for about 3000 miles. Work great. Leans you back a tad. I didn't have a problem with the seat in factory configuration, but I like to try new things. I like to sit as low to the floor as possible. I'm 5'9, so definitely not tall. I like to feel like I'm sitting in the truck, rather than on it.

I also have the bracket for the front. I'm working on things to hang on there still, so its a work in progress.
Good info...
I'm also 5'9", but I like to sit high. Think these will set the seat to more of a "recline" position which is fine for me on long drives...towing our travel trailer usually involves 300-350 miles...5-6 hours at a stretch.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
How short do you need to be to need these? I have to put the seat all the way back and slightly reclined to fit comfortably.
The real intent of these is to angle the seat back for more leg support. But I've never seen anyone complain about the Ranger's seats.

I learned about these for use on Tacomas where people say they really help on longer trips.

Here's Chloe Kuo doing an install and talking about them:

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher

Wow, your bracket looks great! Now I'll order one, even though I shouldn't ...

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The real intent of these is to angle the seat back for more leg support. But I've never seen anyone complain about the Ranger's seats.

I learned about these for use on Tacomas where people say they really help on longer trips.

Here's Chloe Kuo doing an install and talking about them:

Good info. I'll be ordering a set in a few weeks...still tweaking our new camper and had to order a basket full of "stuff" for it.
Wifey said to wait a few weeks for the Seat Jackers. :blush:

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Good info. I'll be ordering a set in a few weeks...still tweaking our new camper and had to order a basket full of "stuff" for it.
Wifey said to wait a few weeks for the Seat Jackers. :blush:
Yeah, I'm not sure what difference it will make since no one has the same issues with Ranger seats as the Tacoma. They are costly but I suppose they may be safer than just spacers. Anytime you mess with things like this, I can't help to think that you affect the integrity and safety of the original engineered design. BUT ... these also don't lift as much as the ones for the Tacoma, those can lift really high.

Once I get them in and we do more than just go to the dump, I'll write about their performance.

That "basket full of stuff" just keeps growing doesn't it! =D

It all started with that $10 3D-printed ignition bezel ...

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah, I'm not sure what difference it will make since no one has the same issues with Ranger seats as the Tacoma. They are costly but I suppose they may be safer than just spacers. Anytime you mess with things like this, I can't help to think that you affect the integrity and safety of the original engineered design. BUT ... these also don't lift as much as the ones for the Tacoma, those can lift really high.

Once I get them in and we do more than just go to the dump, I'll write about their performance.

That "basket full of stuff" just keeps growing doesn't it! =D

It all started with that $10 3D-printed ignition bezel ...
It's a never ending attempt to fill that basket.
I'm also looking at the panel as a great place to mount a fire extinguisher. Showed that to the better half and thats what sold her on it...safety first !!!

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
$100+ extinguisher mount? Uh....

$80+ for $10 in metal and bolts? ....
Mine is a SuperCab, and I modified the rear seat area with a platform and risers for 2 dog seats...pretty much takes up all the room back there.
Yeah, pricey for a piece of sheet steel, but it will give quick access to the extinguisher if needed. When I want it, I want it NOW !!!
Your a PO, and I'm a retired PO, and we both know that you don't want to be fumbling around when a piece of safety equipment is needed.:like:

IMG_20220609_100938196.jpg