What did you receive in the mail today for your Ranger?

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Well this is my attempt at artistic license (please don't zoom too close). I wasted a LOT of time and effort on this. The paint sticks but since it's squishy foam, any pressure cracks it and it peels. All I got out of it is a nice picture before it all comes apart and flakes off. More lipstick!

1610150293961.png

lipstick2.jpg
Cool
Brian

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Got the Ford Performance tuner. waiting for my Rousch CAI to come in.
That intake is a 20 minute job and is sooooo nice. Congrats.

Martyd

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL,2018 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
retired
An offer from FordPass for a Visa card. “Not for everyone”. I feel so special. Not for me. Really won’t help me in any way.

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
I've found these types of threads entertaining on other forums, so I'll start off...

My Ranger Raptor front grill just arrived - straight from Thailand!

Very well packaged
m6FGeIq.jpg

Genuine Ford Parts
6uXEzej.jpg

Here it is!
jsSSADx.jpg
Fragile it must be from Italy....

AkRanger

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT HPR
Well this is my attempt at artistic license (please don't zoom too close). I wasted a LOT of time and effort on this. The paint sticks but since it's squishy foam, any pressure cracks it and it peels. All I got out of it is a nice picture before it all comes apart and flakes off. More lipstick!

1610150293961.png

lipstick2.jpg
Maybe try some black Flex seal?

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Maybe try some black Flex seal?
Nah, I wanted the orange with the Ford logo. Otherwise I wouldn't have painted it at all.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
An offer from FordPass for a Visa card. “Not for everyone”. I feel so special. Not for me. Really won’t help me in any way.
Ditto. Sure would be nice if places would quit mailing unsolicited and unwanted crap. Only positive I can think of is that someone has a job.

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse

1610150293961.png

lipstick2.jpg
Where did you purchase this from amd what did you paint it with?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Ditto. Sure would be nice if places would quit mailing unsolicited and unwanted crap. Only positive I can think of is that someone has a job.
It is probably a machine sorting and spitting it out. So not even a human has a job to spam us.

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Where did you purchase this from and what did you paint it with?
I ordered it from Varsity Ford here in Michigan. For some reason they told me I needed a couple of other bolts that I didn't need. You can order from pretty much any Ford dealer - Engine Cover (L1MZ-6A949-A), Lower Track Nut (W520201-S450B), Engine Cover Stud (W714647-S450B). It says it's for a Lariat but it fits my XL just fine.

I don't recommend painting it because it WILL crack and peel. Hell, I took off a little section of paint just with my fingernail accidentally grazing it. I just used plain old spray paint and liquid frisket to mask off the logo.

I masked off the "Ecoboost" and "Ford" lettering and sprayed the oval blue. Once the oval was dry I masked it as well and then sprayed everything orange (it took soooo many coats and had to be done very lightly because it ran easily). Once it was thoroughly dry I took an X-ACTO and cut the paint along all of the masks and peeled them up (I had a hell of a time with it flaking and chipping). Then I ran over the lettering with a white paint pen. Lastly, I cried at how much time I had wasted for something that won't last.

I probably could have done more research to find something more appropriate but, for a smart man, I'm kinda stoopid.

Markubis

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT, Volkswagon Tiguan, Can Am Ryker
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer

NurseNeil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, SPORT
Occupation
Nurse
I ordered it from Varsity Ford here in Michigan. For some reason they told me I needed a couple of other bolts that I didn't need. You can order from pretty much any Ford dealer - Engine Cover (L1MZ-6A949-A), Lower Track Nut (W520201-S450B), Engine Cover Stud (W714647-S450B). It says it's for a Lariat but it fits my XL just fine.

I don't recommend painting it because it WILL crack and peel. Hell, I took off a little section of paint just with my fingernail accidentally grazing it. I just used plain old spray paint and liquid frisket to mask off the logo.

I masked off the "Ecoboost" and "Ford" lettering and sprayed the oval blue. Once the oval was dry I masked it as well and then sprayed everything orange (it took soooo many coats and had to be done very lightly because it ran easily). Once it was thoroughly dry I took an X-ACTO and cut the paint along all of the masks and peeled them up (I had a hell of a time with it flaking and chipping). Then I ran over the lettering with a white paint pen. Lastly, I cried at how much time I had wasted for something that won't last.

I probably could have done more research to find something more appropriate but, for a smart man, I'm kinda stoopid.
Looks great though, still debating on getting it or not. Sounds like it not worth the energy to paint...

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Looks great though, still debating on getting it or not. Sounds like it not worth the energy to paint...
It IS pretty. For now. :)

Today I got a Daystar 2" level kit dropped on my porch.