Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
So....
Had dealership adjust headlights this weekend.
Picked up the truck and found (now) that they adjusted them as far down as they will go (as opposed to adjusting them to what would be a standard safe height for normal headlight positioning). Holy cow! In what world would it make sense to do that???
So now I have to do it myself in order to get it somewhat near right. Thanks for the link @AzScorpion, as I'll have to use it to put things to rights.
GEEZ!!!
:(
That's to bad Chris I can't believe they messed it up, well actually I can. I mean it's a headlight adjustment not a tranny rebuild you'd think they would check it once they're done but I guess now a days that's just asking to much!

While you're at it I would double check the oil drain plug and filter just to make sure they're both tight along with the oil level. If they messed the headlights up no telling what they did on the oil change. ?
Sponsored

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
That's to bad Chris I can't believe they messed it up, well actually I can. I mean it's a headlight adjustment not a tranny rebuild you'd think they would check it once they're done but I guess now a days that's just asking to much!

While you're at it I would double check the oil drain plug and filter just to make sure they're both tight along with the oil level. If they messed the headlights up no telling what they did on the oil change. ?
Dang. That's a good idea (even if it's bad I now feel like I need to do such a thing).

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX

This! I won't let anyone change the oil in my vehicles or my wife's vehicle.

I was changing the oil on a fellow employee's vehicle a few years ago and I guess someone in the past had run the drain plug in with an impact wrench, cross threading it as it went.

How inept does one have to be to not be able to handle removing and installing a drain plug?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

How inept does one have to be to not be able to handle removing and installing a drain plug?
One could probably create quite the bulleted list of ineptitude in this case (i.e. management, millennials, boomers, tall, short, etc.) :crazy:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Put the nomads on:

IMG_1388.JPG

IMG_1389.JPG

IMG_1390.JPG

Edit: Here's a later in the day shot with different lighting angle

IMG_1392.JPG

Last edited:

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
^ Love those stripes.

I installed the Lariat foam engine cover on my STX yesterday.

I had started on installing my FH seat covers, but I had to paint/clear coat the blingy gold logos on the seat backs. I let it dry overnight and maybe I'll put them on this evening. I did them with flat black.

IMG_20201004_090403571_HDR.jpg

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Finally adjusted my headlights down now that it’s getting darker earlier at night and later into the morning. Took longer to mark the garage door using the Ford Performance kit instructions than it did to actually adjust. Not sure why I waited so long... been since March when I installed my Eibach kit that I‘ve meant to do it!

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
Question. Say someone wanted to swap out the branded fender vents for the non-branded OEM vents. How are they attached? Clips? Are the popped out with a trim tool?

Asking for a friend.
Mine popped off fairly easily using a trim tool. I put a piece of cardboard under the tool to keep from possible scratching the paint.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Hitch step

PXL_20200924_170219469~2.jpg
Yeah, I got a hitch step too, but find it's useless to get in when the tailgate damper has let my gate down ever soooooo slowly. I need a step more when the tailgate is DOWN!

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My baby!!

tempImageXWSKiP.jpg

tempImagepqPZWz.jpg

Full Raptor Body Kit
20" Rims
Front and Rearlight protectors
Folding Mirror Mod
Forscan Raptor startup / shutdown screen enabled
Forscan Auto Door Lock enabled

Nicely done Robert. Some body here might ask you about a tailgate damper being installed :blush:

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
Removed my running boards for the winter. Storing them in the rafters until spring time. What should have taken 15 minutes took about a half hour because someone wanted to play fetch and kept interrupting me. ?

PXL_20201005_232240783.jpg

PXL_20201005_232258079.jpg

IMG_20200729_203037.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: