Sponsored

What did you do to your Ranger today?

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Finally, after much inner turmoil for where to place the button, I went with the standard Ford location. Main reason: me and plastic clipc don't play well together - they make me bananas. LOL, even with the easiest mounting location, I still had a cussing fest trying to get the stoopid panel back on - bah! =D

first though, I scored the garage as Kate was out - nice since the sun was beaming down cooking what brains I have left
20240707_135319.jpg


@Fordup hooked me on Blue Creeper and it's nearly an EDC item for me, I love the stuff
20240707_135915.jpg


the mythical 10mm (note my rodent nibbled battery blanket - lil' bastards =p
20240707_140009.jpg


took down the panel - that etrailer guy in the video lied, I struggled getting this thing back on =D
20240707_140719.jpg


I'd pay $50 to have Ford make these 8" longer, but not too bad to get to them
20240707_142721.jpg


I couldn't have done any of this without an old garden kneeling pad on the side step
20240707_142727.jpg


or without my trustee foreman making sure I didn't work myself up into a heart attack - stoopid plastic clips ... =p
20240707_142819.jpg


used those Shrinky Dinks butt connectors =)
20240707_151226.jpg


I almost used 3/4" shrink-wrap to bundle all 4 wires, but it has the glue in it and that would be miserable if I ever took this apart, so just electrical tape
20240707_151539.jpg


I don't off-road, so I figured tie-wraps would be good enough
20240707_161917.jpg


after all my heehawing about knob placement, I wussed out and went the easy route - 12mm to hand tighten the knob body thing
20240707_161213.jpg


even tucked the wires under the controller making sure no sharp metal edges were rubbing
20240707_163339.jpg


reconnected the battery and didn't smell anything burning, good enough! =D
20240707_164003.jpg


Step bit worked like a champ, placement won't get hit my my knees (short guy = short legs), I don't have to worry about Cheech mashing it since he often steps all over the place when he's not harnessed in, and I keep my 12V for my phone. The XL only has one USB, so both 12V are used for Kate's phone and mine.

Anyway, I figure if I ever get into a trailer sway situation I'll be bashing everything in a blurred moment of doom! And I can see the light just fine with the plate mounted a tad higher up to maybe look more OEM (at least in my mind and remember, short guy doesn't sit as high up). =D

All in all, not as bad as I thought. It would be easier to pop the seat out but since I couldn't figure out the airbag sensor clip when I put on the Wet Okole seat covers, I decided to pass. If you have the Merlin-like ability to conquer a plastic clip, the seats are super easy to unbolt (I did for those Seat Jackers).

Now I just need me a big dump trailer!

too big? not for a FFR! gee, better flip my drop hitch over to raise it up ... =D
1720389592575-fx.png
Holy crap, David - BEST install write up EVER!
Sponsored

 

subquark

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Threads
11
Messages
4,566
Reaction score
23,251
Location
Portsmouth, NH
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Holy crap, David - BEST install write up EVER!
LOL, thanks, I think! =p

For anyone wanting a great install video, I found this etrailer one to be good. Plus I bookmarked many good posts on this forum and it gave me enough confidence to do this. But wholly cow, gone are my days of effortlessly contorting to reach stuff! It was all I could do to get the crimpers in there! =D

 

GhostStrykre

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bee
Joined
Aug 20, 2020
Threads
23
Messages
532
Reaction score
2,001
Location
Ohio
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Went in for routine maintenance at my local dealer. My 2019 was on its factory brake fluid so I had it flushed in addition to the usual oil and tire rotation. I think it was @Frenchy who said in another thread to me that flushing the fluid and ABS sensor would fix the mushy brake pedal.

HO LEE F##%#%KK did it make a difference. Braking feels wonderful again. Good stuff.

Odd experience: asked them to flush the transmission and swap the filter. They were going to do it but told me it was a 2 day service. Wtf?! People on YouTube do it in just a couple hours. How could this be? Anyone have any experience with this?

Edit for clarity: I dropped the transmission flush because I didn’t have the time to wait on that service
 
Last edited:

OGMix376

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bryan
Joined
Jun 30, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
1,033
Reaction score
3,526
Location
California
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Ranger Tremor
Occupation
House Maintenance Technician ;)
Went in for routine maintenance at my local dealer. My 2019 was on its factory brake fluid so I had it flushed in addition to the usual oil and tire rotation. I think it was @Frenchy who said in another thread to me that flushing the fluid and ABS sensor would fix the mushy brake pedal.

HO LEE F##%#%KK did it make a difference. Braking feels wonderful again. Good stuff.

Odd experience: asked them to flush the transmission and swap the filter. They were going to do it but told me it was a 2 day service. Wtf?! People on YouTube do it in just a couple hours. How could this be? Anyone have any experience with this?

Edit for clarity: I dropped the transmission flush because I didn’t have the time to wait on that service
Dungeon Master says..
You’ve encountered a Dealership service department. With freshly certified goon techs.
They move at dealer speed which reduces efficiency of movement by 5, increases frustration by 5, and has a 15% chance to take critical damage to the Ranger.
Jk.. Couldn’t tell you why. When my multimedia interface went out (black screen, no radio, no ac, no heat, etc) right before 30k ( which I was going to get the regular 5k services ) scheduled it to be checked out. Anyway told them to do transmission service as well. They had our truck for a total of 8 days… so yeah.. even just getting a oil/filter change and tire rotation, usually has me walking around Morgan Hill for just shy of two hours (after fully checked in and they take the truck.)
I just chalk it up to it’s the dealership service is always pretty busy for basic services.

anyway I got a couple things in the mail today. Got to toss them on before going to our fav Mexican restaurant ā€œThe Mexicanā€ with the family.
The stubby 4ā€
Rhino recovery shackle
M2M lower honeycomb (this one I wasn’t expecting to like as much as I do.)(it’s pretty nice for just $50)
I’m not good at taking pictures btw.
IMG_0255.webp
IMG_0256.webp
IMG_0254.jpeg
 


kendive

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ken
Joined
Sep 30, 2023
Threads
5
Messages
234
Reaction score
523
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger Lariat Tech Pkg Tremor
Well I traded the ranger for a 22 F150 Lariat 502A Powerboost. Already getting better mileage than the ranger. I have my Heated/Cooled seats again and the 4A option again and a ton of extras they don't do in an Lariat Ranger (SAD) and when I shut the doors it don't sound like a tin box. LOL Way more room for guests in the back including the grand kids. I don't need to go on you all know what an F150 it. This things sticker was over 75k wow one reason I bought used.

This sucker only had 22k miles on it they gave me a free Premium ESP 5/75 and walk out writing a check for 17k. I was very happy with deal. Matter of fact I won't have anything to sell I just gave them the few little things I did to the ranger. Easier to do that...

The 2022 has the spray in bedliner already and came with an roll BAK bed cover. I usually buy a tri fold but I'm digging the roll up thing.

We have a Rav4 Hybrid and I thought it was kool to have an F150 Hybrid and if we get a camper again I can power it with the onboard 7.2kw generator. I will fell much more better towing with the F150 than the Ranger. I know I know. I have been in an F150 since 2015 and just missed it. Oh Well.

I already jacked into this thing and made a few changes with FORScan. This is the main reason I like the Fords.

Peace out brothers.

:)
 

Chris M

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
4,667
Reaction score
20,625
Location
Surprise, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Well I traded the ranger for a 22 F150 Lariat 502A Powerboost. Already getting better mileage than the ranger. I have my Heated/Cooled seats again and the 4A option again and a ton of extras they don't do in an Lariat Ranger (SAD) and when I shut the doors it don't sound like a tin box. LOL Way more room for guests in the back including the grand kids. I don't need to go on you all know what an F150 it. This things sticker was over 75k wow one reason I bought used.

This sucker only had 22k miles on it they gave me a free Premium ESP 5/75 and walk out writing a check for 17k. I was very happy with deal. Matter of fact I won't have anything to sell I just gave them the few little things I did to the ranger. Easier to do that...

The 2022 has the spray in bedliner already and came with an roll BAK bed cover. I usually buy a tri fold but I'm digging the roll up thing.

We have a Rav4 Hybrid and I thought it was kool to have an F150 Hybrid and if we get a camper again I can power it with the onboard 7.2kw generator. I will fell much more better towing with the F150 than the Ranger. I know I know. I have been in an F150 since 2015 and just missed it. Oh Well.

I already jacked into this thing and made a few changes with FORScan. This is the main reason I like the Fords.

Peace out brothers.

:)
Oh, no.
You're not allowed out of here without pics of your new ride!
You know the deal...pics or it didn't happen! ?
 

kendive

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ken
Joined
Sep 30, 2023
Threads
5
Messages
234
Reaction score
523
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger Lariat Tech Pkg Tremor
Oh, no.
You're not allowed out of here without pics of your new ride!
You know the deal...pics or it didn't happen! ?
I know I got some now and here is a pic of the Ranger doing it last task. I picked up a new lawn mower from Home Depot and brought it home with the Ranger.

We have whole house solar and batteries but I just had to play with the new truck generator into the house. LOL I have a 30 amp plug I installed a while back and used it. The only thing that pissed the F150 off was the Neutral Ground bond I had in my sub panel. The truck would state some ground fault and shut down the generator I got it working pretty quick. Here are some pics.

I will be putting a 2" level lift the back also and then getting a little bigger tires. Probably wildpeaks again. I put 285/60/20 on the 15 F150 and did not affect mileage at all. I will do some other mods down the road.

This is the perfect truck for a camper because of the built in generator.
 
Last edited:

Chris M

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
4,667
Reaction score
20,625
Location
Surprise, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I know I got some now and here is a pic of the Ranger doing it last task. I picked up a new lawn mower from Home Depot and brought it home with the Ranger.

We have whole house solar and batteries but I just had to play with the new truck generator into the house. LOL I have a 30 amp plug I installed a while back and used it. The only thing that pissed the F150 off was the Neutral Ground bond I had in my sub panel. The truck would state some ground fault and shut down the generator I got it working pretty quick. Here are some pics.

I will be putting a 2" level lift the back also and then getting a little bigger tires. Probably wildpeaks again. I put 285/60/20 on the 15 F150 and did not affect mileage at all. I will do some other mods down the road.

This is the perfect truck for a camper because of the built in generator.

View attachment 215739

View attachment 215740

View attachment 215741

View attachment 215742

View attachment 215743

View attachment 215744


View attachment 215746

View attachment 215747


Me shooting off the back of the 2015 F150 I had. I bought that truck brand new. :)

View attachment 215745






:)
Awwwwww.....damn!
Look at that, y'all!
He's got KNOBS!!!
ā¤
 

kendive

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ken
Joined
Sep 30, 2023
Threads
5
Messages
234
Reaction score
523
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
23 Ranger Lariat Tech Pkg Tremor
Awwwwww.....damn!
Look at that, y'all!
He's got KNOBS!!!
ā¤
You dam right... LOL and a million other things that the Ranger is lacking... The Ranger was a tin box to me.

I did sit in the new Ranger, but it's still lacking alot even in the lariat trim which is BS.

Might go buy us another camper now. LOL Matter of fact looking at one after my VA appt tomorrow.
 
Last edited:

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
Gave MP2 his first bath here. One thing I noticed is being more humid here I have much more working time before it starts to dry. Good thing because several people walking by stopped to say hello and an hour later and the truck was still wet. lol It also helps with the Graphene detailer as it doesn't dry as fast and it's much easier to buff off.

IMG_2149.jpg


IMG_2151.jpg


IMG_2153.jpg
 

Chris M

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 11, 2020
Threads
22
Messages
4,667
Reaction score
20,625
Location
Surprise, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Gave MP2 his first bath here. One thing I noticed is being more humid here I have much more working time before it starts to dry. Good thing because several people walking by stopped to say hello and an hour later and the truck was still wet. lol It also helps with the Graphene detailer as it doesn't dry as fast and it's much easier to buff off.

IMG_2149.jpg


IMG_2151.jpg


IMG_2153.jpg
"...several people stopped to say hello..."
Yep. Good move.
 

DukeCanBuildit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Duke
Joined
Jul 27, 2020
Threads
66
Messages
8,802
Reaction score
42,033
Location
Here
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Gave MP2 his first bath here. One thing I noticed is being more humid here I have much more working time before it starts to dry. Good thing because several people walking by stopped to say hello and an hour later and the truck was still wet. lol It also helps with the Graphene detailer as it doesn't dry as fast and it's much easier to buff off.

IMG_2149.jpg


IMG_2151.jpg


IMG_2153.jpg
Wow - that is one clean machine! :like:

In my ā€˜hood, when people stop to say hello, I lock the truck doors because it could just be a distraction while their accomplice opens the door on the other side to take whatever they see (phone, wallet, whatever). I do the same at any gas station in the city. :(
 

AzScorpion

Moderator
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Threads
342
Messages
27,112
Reaction score
137,222
Location
Back Home In AZ!
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired...Full Time Slacker
"...several people stopped to say hello..."
Yep. Good move.
Wow - that is one clean machine! :like:

In my ā€˜hood, when people stop to say hello, I lock the truck doors because it could just be a distraction while their accomplice opens the door on the other side to take whatever they see (phone, wallet, whatever). I do the same at any gas station in the city. :(
Chris, it really is turning out to be a great move. Kind of restores my faith in people which kind of got lost back there.

Duke, That's sad some areas have turned into this and AZ is moving in that direction. You really wouldn't recognize the area now especially Buckeye, it's grown so much just since I've been there.

I had 4 different people stop and say hello and welcome to the neighborhood which never happened in 12 years bacon AZ. Everyone is so much friendlier here but it's always good to be vigilant because there's always that one (or two) sneaky ones. Good thing it was humid because I was half way done drying it and an hour later the other half was still wet. lol
 

OGMix376

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bryan
Joined
Jun 30, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
1,033
Reaction score
3,526
Location
California
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Ranger Tremor
Occupation
House Maintenance Technician ;)
Wow - that is one clean machine! :like:

In my ā€˜hood, when people stop to say hello, I lock the truck doors because it could just be a distraction while their accomplice opens the door on the other side to take whatever they see (phone, wallet, whatever). I do the same at any gas station in the city. :(
Lots of that going on around (unfortunately) near our Bay Area apartment, when we are in the EastBay (SF Bay Area) so I don’t have to worry, I’m the one doing the fuel runs. Wifey is a very tough cookie, but she’s a good kind hearted woman (she can change a tire and even change her own oil/filter too, definitely not helpless.) I’d rather not Worry about her be at risk with these rotten flesh bags wanting to try one… Hollister is a vet different place, still got hoodlums around. Not country folk friendly, but not city sh***y either.
Sponsored

 
 








Top