First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Are you still using this? Any way you can take a side picture of the whole truck and rear picture of it from further back?
Yeah use it .
A
IMG_20220620_154240768~2.jpg
re you still using this? Any way you can take a side picture of the whole truck and rear picture of it from further back?

Are you still using this? Any way you can take a side picture of the whole truck and rear picture of it from further back?
IMG_20220620_154259450~2.jpg

IMG_20220620_154318603~2.jpg
IMG_20220620_154259450~2.jpg

Maybe later I'll snap a picture of how it looks in the backup cam viewer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

EDSEL FX4

First Name
JIMMY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER XLT FX4
Occupation
BMW PARTS DEPT
Got my front end alignment done this morning after installing the Eibach Pro-Truck Coilovers and BDS UCA’s on Saturday. Very pleased with the outcome. Think Im going to be done for a while. Alignment was just some minor toe-in, nothing else.
0BDF7379-8764-4B87-82BC-9D9F579D215D.jpeg

2960F889-6F31-48EE-A1CC-F390089317A2.jpeg
That looks awesome !! Great stance.

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
Ordered the DeeZee tailgate damper. I thought I could get by without it, but a hands full scenario over the weekend highlighted the need for it. I had gotten used to having tailgate assist on the Colorado ZR2 I had prior. Can't understand why Ford didn't offer it as a standard feature.

Last edited:

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
How has your Scoopity Doopity 3000 been holding up?
I haven't tested yet. Only drove around 3 miles a day back in Phoenix so not really a good test. I did bring it up north with me where I drive a lot further so can get a better test. I just need to get things setup with Forscan and log some results.

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
Gave the poor girl a bath now that it looks like we may get some sunshine for at least a week. Been a strange start of the summer with all the rain and cooler weather, although I'm not complaining about 60 degree days in June.

Also made a simple nesting rack for hauling sheet goods out of some left over cedar decking that was the less than desirable pieces.. Wanted something I could just leave in the back and was lightweight. Also doubles as a backstop for diesel / gas cans and groceries.

IMG_3870.JPG
IMG_3871.JPG

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
I installed the TrekStep yesterday afternoon.

https://www.bestop.com/products/trekstep-rear-mount-step-ford-2019-2021-ranger/

And it wasn't hard and certainly not the 4 hours they say, but I did mess with it for 2 hours ...

The bed bolt isn't bad to get out. I used a 1/2' drive ratchet with a foot long extension and then a 3/4 inch wrench as a cheater bar. A wiring connector had to be pulled from the frame and held out of the way.

The big pain was getting their massive bracket in place. There's plenty of wiggle room to get it there but getting the bed bolt back in was a bit tight. Thankfully, the tail gate damper has atrophied my arms enough that I could get my forearms up in the fender and get to the bolt. To tighten it meant no extension and very limited room to tighten on the ratchet. But it'll work slowly.

I should have placed both shims they provide in place before bolting it all in. They suggest adding it later but I knew I wanted it as low as possible. They have you shimming it after install but I wasn't looking for a tight tucked in look, I need every half inch I can get to get my 5'6" self into the bed.

Adding the shims after meant more tight ratcheting, but it wasn't all that bad.

I'm glad that it's on and even Kate can get into the bed with it, so that's great—no more jumping up to sit on the tail gate and rolling around like a fish out of water to get in.

bestop-umbrella.jpg

Friggin'sun was making me nuts, the underside has that black wax coating crap and it's impossible for me to see in there (had two Olights in there on max as well).

bestop-umbrella-damper.jpg

The damper proved useful to hold the golf umbrella!

bestop-up-top.jpg

bestop-down-top.jpg

bestop-up-side.jpg

bestop-down-side.jpg

The "big" bracket they supply is steel and everything else is aluminum, seems well made.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
I tugged the old FJ40 to the front of the garage to get it ready to haul up to my daughter's (she wants to restore it—we fired it up last week with some starting fluid—but it needs loads of work to be road worthy). Two rotted front tires didn't stop the Ranger from dragging it and I got to use my new GearAmerica straps and soft shackles!

The foreman was exited to be in the truck for the 8 feet we pulled it! =)

tojo-pull.jpg

tojo-tow-hook.jpg

That's a 1962 power-take-off Ramsey winch on a bracket I fabricated many years ago.

soupie-tojo-strap.jpg

Cheech-Soupie,bark-forward.jpg

Cheech-Soupie,bark-side.jpg

Jbrubakerjr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat

And it wasn't hard and certainly not the 4 hours they say, but I did mess with it for 2 hours ...

The bed bolt isn't bad to get out. I used a 1/2' drive ratchet with a foot long extension and then a 3/4 inch wrench as a cheater bar. A wiring connector had to be pulled from the frame and held out of the way.

The big pain was getting their massive bracket in place. There's plenty of wiggle room to get it there but getting the bed bolt back in was a bit tight. Thankfully, the tail gate damper has atrophied my arms enough that I could get my forearms up in the fender and get to the bolt. To tighten it meant no extension and very limited room to tighten on the ratchet. But it'll work slowly.

I should have placed both shims they provide in place before bolting it all in. They suggest adding it later but I knew I wanted it as low as possible. They have you shimming it after install but I wasn't looking for a tight tucked in look, I need every half inch I can get to get my 5'6" self into the bed.

I'm glad that it's on and even Kate can get into the bed with it, so that's great—no more jumping up to sit on the tail gate and rolling around like a fish out of water to get in.

bestop-umbrella.jpg

Friggin'sun was making me nuts, the underside has that black wax coating crap and it's impossible for me to see in there (had two Olights in there on max as well).

bestop-up-top.jpg

bestop-down-top.jpg

bestop-up-side.jpg

bestop-down-side.jpg

The "big" bracket they supply is steel and everything else is aluminum, seems well made.
I actually like that as opposed to the hitch step options. Thanks fro posting!

JDG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor, 2016 Fiesta ST

bestop-umbrella.jpg

bestop-up-top.jpg

bestop-down-top.jpg

bestop-up-side.jpg

bestop-down-side.jpg

When did yours show up? I have had one on order since November...

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
When did yours show up? I have had one on order since November...
Holy Cow!!!

I ordered May 15th and it arrived yesterday, June 21.

I did ask for updates a few times and they are kind of hard to get a hold of online. So I phoned them and got voice mail and left my order number, the next day I got an email with expected ship date.

Certainly they should have yours! That really stinks, especially for the price!

Give them a call and good luck!

JDG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor, 2016 Fiesta ST
Holy Cow!!!

I ordered May 15th and it arrived yesterday, June 21.

I did ask for updates a few times and they are kind of hard to get a hold of online. So I phoned them and got voice mail and left my order number, the next day I got an email with expected ship date.

Certainly they should have yours! That really stinks, especially for the price!

Give them a call and good luck!
WTF... Did you order direct from Bestop? I am going to call them now if so..

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
I actually like that as opposed to the hitch step options. Thanks fro posting!
I have used the ball mount but it's pretty tall for me and I wanted something that I could use when the tail gate is down.

It angles forward quite a bit and I suppose that's to keep you from slipping off the back. It has a nice grippy surface and it feels good.

It supposedly can hold 300 pounds. My 220 pounds are steady on it and it flexes only a tiny bit. I do have the step surface pushed all the way outboard to get as much available with the tail gate down, so that adds extra leverage from my weight, it's not bad but it's something that I think about.

It is costly though at $300 and a pain to install. But it will help us in unloading our gear.

I'll take a pic with my foot on it to give you a sense of scale and a pic from being in the bed would also help to show if it's acceptable.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
WTF... Did you order direct from Bestop? I am going to call them now if so..
Yes, I did order direct from them! So you have plenty of right to be pissed.

And feel free to tell them my name (David Miller) and my order number: #69393.

I'm in New Hampshire, if that's any factor. Good luck!
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: JDG