What did you do to your Ranger today?

BowWow

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Nice. Can you provide links to the parts please?
I got the mud flaps at Canadian Tire, and the rocker guards from a local parts shop. In Canada. Sorry! I'm sure you could find them through Google...

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday I ran coax antenna wire from my front bumper to the interior of the truck, and mounted an antenna mount in preparation for the installation of a CB radio. My Ranger will probably look a little silly with the antennas mounted up front. :D

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Eibach's on the rear:
IMG_1362.JPG
IMG_1363.JPG
Just in case you haven't seen the thread in the suspension section of the forum...

So technically those shocks can be installed in either orientation, so yours aren't upside down, per say. But, by installing them in that orientation, you leave the shock body open to possible damage or puncture, and debris/water that gets caught up in the boot can possibly be trapped and work down into the shock body. By installing them boot down, the solid rod is less liable to take damage and then anything that works into the boot can drain out of the bottom of the boot and away from the body. Just something to look out for and not a criticism by any means.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Just in case you haven't seen the thread in the suspension section of the forum...

So technically those shocks can be installed in either orientation, so yours aren't upside down, per say. But, by installing them in that orientation, you leave the shock body open to possible damage or puncture, and debris/water that gets caught up in the boot can possibly be trapped and work down into the shock body. By installing them boot down, the solid rod is less liable to take damage and then anything that works into the boot can drain out of the bottom of the boot and away from the body. Just something to look out for and not a criticism by any means.
Thanks, yeah, I'd read the "taste great, less filling" posts and decided I would match the orientation that was there on the FX shocks. Any rate, if I get to the point of damaging the shock(s), it'll be time for an upgrade mod :) (not tailgate damper :frown:) - :crackup:

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Installed the Eibach's on the rear:
IMG_1362.JPG
IMG_1363.JPG
How is the ride with the new shocks? You going to do the fronts too?
Do you think the rear sway bare is worth it?

Ive been thinking of doing 4 shocks and the stabilizer bar.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I can't comment on his exact ride because I don't have the rear bars, but the rear shocks make a HUGE difference!!! The truck feels almost like a sports car, but is awesome off-road. I love it!

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase

I'll let you know in a day or two - the expectation v reality thing. @Glocker 's sport car comment may bear fruit I am thinking. Need a few more twisty turnies and bumps.:like: No fronts yet, just wanted to firm up the rear. The sway bar did a lot and I "think" the new shocks will eliminate a lot of the rest

TJMarchand

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT / 1984 Monte Carlo SS
20200914_172904.jpg

I put the weather tech side deflectors on since they came in the mail. Passenger side gave me trouble. The outer weatherstrip along the door, closer to the mirror has a tear now. Not sure if I can ignore it or will need to replace it.
Sponsored