What did you do to your Ranger today?

Guioco

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic Ranger XLT FX4
Lund Genesis Elite Tonneau. Decided on the roll up instead of a tri-fold. I like the look and we'll see how waterproof it is ... at some point. Doesn't rain much in AZ. Also went with the matte canvas instead of vinyl to, hopefully, hold up better to the sun. Install was a bit difficult - directions are horrible. All in all not bad for a <$300 budget tonneau.

20201203_145247.jpg
20201203_145327.jpg
20201203_145437.jpg
20201203_145448.jpg
Sponsored

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Small install today - swapped out my front tow hooks for shackles.

Rough Country RS152

IMG_1407.JPG

IMG_1413.JPG
Looks great! I am debating getting these. One of my friends wondered if they would “rattle” while going over bumps. Have you heard anything yet?

Did you purchase these from Action Trucks?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! I am debating getting these. One of my friends wondered if they would “rattle” while going over bumps. Have you heard anything yet?

Did you purchase these from Action Trucks?
Thanks a lot. They come with rubber spacers to help keep that to a minimum. It seems like it will take care of it. My tow receiver shackle and lock has a similar set-up and so far, no rattling.

I only found them at TDOTperformance.ca and lowriders.ca - went with TDOT but had to wait about two weeks (back order). It would be the same wait from lowriders.ca but I couldn't bring myself to buy 4x4 accessories from a place called "lowriders", now could I?

I've mostly been driving in the city but I'm heading up to the cottage this weekend to check things out - my Ranger wants to play in the snow with its big tires for the first time.

I'll let you know if I can hear anything.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Thanks a lot. They come with rubber spacers to help keep that to a minimum. It seems like it will take care of it. My tow receiver shackle and lock has a similar set-up and so far, no rattling.

I only found them at TDOTperformance.ca and lowriders.ca - went with TDOT but had to wait about two weeks (back order). It would be the same wait from lowriders.ca but I couldn't bring myself to buy 4x4 accessories from a place called "lowriders", now could I?

I've mostly been driving in the city but I'm heading up to the cottage this weekend to check things out - my Ranger wants to play in the snow with its big tires for the first time.

The more I see these, the more I think I like them. Damn this forum.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
The more I see these, the more I think I like them. Damn this forum.
I think it's called "5g" because you spend that much in mods in the first six months after you join. ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
I do not have the damper, but I find the new tray for the console, has improved the ride on the Ranger and I find I have more traction on my tires.
1607093232214.png

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thanks!

Lowriders do have great prices on the Eibach shocks that are on my wish list! ?

I saw the ones from Tdot, which is who I bought my tonneau cover from.

I do like the look of the shackles and I do think they are more functional than the tow hooks for some straps.

I did just order a soft shackle and a recovery strap. The soft shackle will go around the tow hook without damaging the bumper. (I had feared that a D-ring in the tow hook would damage the bumper at certain angles) (I also just learnt that tow straps and recovery straps are two different animals).

My step son who is very practicable and experienced, tells me don’t hurt your truck, trying to be a tow truck, have them call CAA. So I am keeping that in mind in my shackle purchases.

The snow is melting a little up in cottage country today, before it turns cold tonight and stays cold for the weekend.

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will never purchase a damper myself. I really do not see the need and would rather put the money towards other accessories.

However if I got one for Christmas, and someone else spent their money, I would put it on. Who doesn’t want more power and fuel economy. That combined with the gains from the tray console, it would be like a whole new truck. ?

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's called "5g" because you spend that much in mods in the first six months after you join. ?
We need to refresh that thread with the poll on spending since new. Got to be off the charts by now.