What did you buy on Black Friday?

Atxjmy512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau Cover.
I've never had a soft cover before. How do they compare to a hard cover (beyond the obvious!)? Any issues with water leaks or theft? I like the idea of a soft cover because its lighter and easier to remove if you ever want to take it off, but a bit worried about security, durability, etc.
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Shrock rock sliders and Baja SAE fogs...just about complete now:)

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I've never had a soft cover before. How do they compare to a hard cover (beyond the obvious!)? Any issues with water leaks or theft? I like the idea of a soft cover because its lighter and easier to remove if you ever want to take it off, but a bit worried about security, durability, etc.

I had one on my Colorado for almost 3 years and never a issue. Never leaked that i knew of.
If someone wants in they will get in.
I actually wanted their solid fold up but didn't want to pay the extra money. To many things I want for the new truck.

Atxjmy512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I had one on my Colorado for almost 3 years and never a issue. Never leaked that i knew of.
If someone wants in they will get in.
I actually wanted their solid fold up but didn't want to pay the extra money. To many things I want for the new truck.
The cost is a big one. Not feeling near $1000 for a cover, lol..

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
8C4B9433-B6DD-4461-875F-F0395AC35B76.jpeg

Bout it. After over 25 years of retail... I try to avoid it all.
Triple Dunkin' points last 3 days! I've already earned 3 free beverages. :muscle:

Dokkenmire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Xlt Sport Supercrew 2wd
Bought the wife a new dishwasher, bought my daughter a bunch of ridiculously overpriced clothes.

Bought a rollup bed cover, low profile wind deflectors, and a K&N filter for the Ranger.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Beer and french fries.
Hi Steve,

Love it! In fact...it is almost Beer thirty...time for cocktails on the patio! :beer::beer::beer::thumbsup:

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Hi Steve,

Love it! In fact...it is almost Beer thirty...time for cocktails on the patio! :beer::beer::beer::thumbsup:

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Phil, you may be on the patio today but not me. Too cold and snowy. Hot toddy later.:D

OP
OP
FULLSCALE

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I’ve had several types of soft covers in the past... the snap one on my first Ranger was really hard to do up in cold weather. The Velcro one on my first Colorado never wanted to stay stuck on the sides, the wind would always open up the sides while driving. The soft trifold on my second Ranger and second Colorado both developed holes at the hinge points. No more soft covers for me, it costs more but well worth it IMO.

DJS 60

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Ford Ranger
Occupation
Ironworker
Extang Trifecta 2.0 Tonneau Cover.
Let me know what you think of it. I have been doing some looking online and am thinking about getting one, I have never had one before. I will be taking delivery of my 2020 supercab probably early next year

CoastieN70

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Occupation
Retired
Me and Dell are going steady for the next 12 months "same as cash." My tower took a dump (during the NAV update down load) so I bought a new XPS to replace my 10 or so year old, old one.
I have a laptop but hate using it. But it's more convenient to use than my phone when traveling...

BigG

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F150
I added another silver coin to my collection. Still looking for deals on the iphone 11 and apple watch series 5.
Sponsored