What are the chances of a long wheel base Tremor?

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
It barely fits in that parking space (arguably it doesn’t, since it’s over the line). If you want something that big, why not just get a F150? It’s available in that configuration now.

Last edited:

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
Longer wheelbase = not great for off-roading/overlanding. You'll get the same issue the Gladiator does. High centers super easily until significant $ spent on lifts and tires. I'm for 6 foot bed with a crew cab but the longer wheelbase doesn't fit my needs.

OP
OP
Fattirz in NC

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
It barely fits in that parking space (arguably it doesn’t, since it’s over the line). If you want something that big, why not just get a F150? It’s available in that configuration now.
If this configuration is 12” longer than the current Ranger (212.5” length) that would put it at 224.5”. With a 6” bed. Actually I think the ‘23 Ranger is an inch or two shorter than the ‘22? The current SuperCrew F-150 with a 5.5” bed is 231.7” so that’s over 7” longer with a 6” shorter bed.
I prefer a less expensive, smaller truck over a full size. My main hobbies are Mtn biking backpacking and paddling so the longer bed and smaller truck is better suited for my backcountry needs than a bloated full-size. Hauling boats in the bed with the tailgate up allows me to use the hitch for bike racks. Bigger isn’t always better and this SuperCrew longbed midsize is exactly what I’m hoping for.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fattirz in NC

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Longer wheelbase = not great for off-roading/overlanding. You'll get the same issue the Gladiator does. High centers super easily until significant $ spent on lifts and tires. I'm for 6 foot bed with a crew cab but the longer wheelbase doesn't fit my needs.
I agree 100%… the longer WB makes break over and turning radius an issue. But those who put a cap on to sleep in the bed will prefer the 6’ bed. The extra dry space of the crew cab is hard to go without. That’s why a Tremor package makes sense as you mentioned… factory lift and suspension upgrades. Definitely a compromise with a longer WB but many benefits for those who do less extreme overlanding.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
I agree 100%… the longer WB makes break over and turning radius an issue. But those who put a cap on to sleep in the bed will prefer the 6’ bed. The extra dry space of the crew cab is hard to go without. That’s why a Tremor package makes sense as you mentioned… factory lift and suspension upgrades. Definitely a compromise with a longer WB but many benefits for those who do less extreme overlanding.
Ford could do a 6 foot bed without increased wheelbase. I'd love a crew cab with a 6 foot bed. For me that's the ideal setup. I'm assuming this configuration is for increasing towing.

OP
OP
Fattirz in NC

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Ford could do a 6 foot bed without increased wheelbase. I'd love a crew cab with a 6 foot bed. For me that's the ideal setup. I'm assuming this configuration is for increasing towing.
Yeah, that would never happen…. The rear over hang on both the SuperCab and SuperCrew are already pretty long.

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure you would have to be happy with this as an FX4. Toyota only offers this config as TRD Sport, not as an Off Road, for an the angle reasons mentioned. The Tremor package makes no sense in this config. Why water down the whole point of the Tremor package?

Off topic; your avatar looks like Mundane Matt.

Frank

OP
OP
Fattirz in NC

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
I'm pretty sure you would have to be happy with this as an FX4. Toyota only offers this config as TRD Sport, not as an Off Road, for an the angle reasons mentioned. The Tremor package makes no sense in this config. Why water down the whole point of the Tremor package?

Off topic; your avatar looks like Mundane Matt.

Frank
Toyota does indeed offer a crewcab/longbed in the Off-road package. I just built one a few months ago on their website. Plus I’ve seen one in person (See the attached photos). I’ll have to respectfully disagree that there isn’t a demand for a Tremor in this configuration. While I would settle for this configuration in an FX-4 package, I’m sure I’m not alone in wanting a SuperCrew/Longbed with the extra off-road chops that the Tremor has to offer. Plus I would rather purchase a truck straight from the factory with a full warranty and forgoing the hassle of ordering aftermarket parts and additional labor cost of installing them. Then a bunch of take off parts laying around…. Pass.

37347AE4-F2E7-4DB0-8E1E-6F09DE505E2D.jpeg

80ECBDCB-E7AF-4267-96F1-5CA350191D7C.jpeg

Last edited:

Squatchranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ranger lariat
Vehicle Showcase
If a SuperCrew Longbed Ranger is made, would you be interested in a Tremor package? I’d say “Hell yeah!!!” This would be an awesome base Overland truck right from the factory!!! https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/threads/long-wheelbase-ranger-spotted-in-melbourne.7061/#post-121590

C2496208-CF73-41E2-A841-9D231C31EE39.jpeg

82D5CED6-8767-4776-B5CC-F0F0CF4F12AC.jpeg

B00BA6BA-BDDE-47CF-8BF8-DF2F4465D097.jpeg
long wheel base is generally counterproductive for offroad (awful breakover) and doesnt fit through trails and tight turns as well so from a logical standpoint probably not. that said ford cares more about money than logic so they probably will offer something along those lines as long as the 6g has that config available. I am not sure offhand but do the superduty and 150 tremors allow a longer bed or supercab config that would be a good indication as to if they would or not

Highlander

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Shadow Black Lariat 501A TREMOR
Occupation
Private
Vehicle Showcase
Toyota does indeed offer a crewcab/longbed in the Off-road package. I just built one a few months ago on their website. Plus I’ve seen one in person (See the attached photos). I’ll have to respectfully disagree that there isn’t a demand for a Tremor in this configuration. While I would settle for this configuration in an FX-4 package, I’m sure I’m not alone in wanting a SuperCrew/Longbed with the extra off-road chops that the Tremor has to offer. Plus I would rather purchase a truck straight from the factory with a full warranty and forgoing the hassle of ordering aftermarket parts and additional labor cost of installing them. Then a bunch of take off parts laying around…. Pass.
You are correct, it seems Toyota did start selling the Off Road in a Double Cab Long Bed config.

Frank
Sponsored