First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Well, then I have them on backwards. My other ARs have optics without backups or it’s part of the gas block and handle. You never know what you will learn on the Ranger forums!
Sponsored

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well, then I have them on backwards. My other ARs have optics without backups or it’s part of the gas block and handle. You never know what you will learn on the Ranger forums!
ARs are like legos, so at least you can flip them around and re-zero.

Now you've got me thinking about how to mount my SBR in my truck. Currently it's hard mounted in my Mustang. I'll have to see if I can dig up a pic for you.

OP
OP
LoneRNGR

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Okay. I tried a different pew-pew with a scope. Definitely will NOT fit.
IMG_1744.JPG

Someone mentioned a lever-pew. I tried this one, which is relatively small, but the seatback wouldn't close. Springs in the seat press against the pew-pew keeping it from latching securely. It could probably be adjusted to clear the springs, but the cheap AR is probably my best option, otherwise, this isn't a very good pew-pew storage area.
IMG_1746.JPG

Oh, and if there is anything wrong with the pew-pews, let me know. I've got time to fix them. :sunglasses:

FordFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4 Ranger, 2022 Sonata Limited
Occupation
Engineer
IMG_1734.JPG

I am imagining another use for these mounting points. Here is a quick mock-up with zip-ties. So far, the only issue is when I close the backseat, the front sight pops up.

Edit: Lowered the front a bit and that keeps the pop-up sight from "popping" up.
roof mount that thing like the Somalians do

OP
OP
LoneRNGR

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
The Quick Fist Weapons Clamp did not do the trick. Not that it isn't a good product for use in an ATV, or something similar, it just wouldn't go behind the seat. The good news is I've been using the zip-ties for more than a month and its doing alright. The rifle doesn't come loose and I don't see any wear marks on the weapon from the ties.

I did flip the sights around and I had to adjust it way over to one side just to bore-sight it. I shot it a few times today from about 40 yards standing and it seemed to do pretty well considering very blustery winds.

OP
OP
LoneRNGR

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
A follow up.

I hung the rifle behind the seat with some cheap nylon rope (87 cents on clearance at Harbor Freight). As for the rifle, I changed the barrel and the hand guard. I did flip the rear sight around, but left the front sight on backwards.

it stays put.

73E4C10F-F070-475E-B673-D3AA0677F5AF.jpeg

Fawnbuster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone tried some kydex molded to fit so the rifle/ long gun sets in and snaps down a bit? I have extra sheets I may try it, they are thin sheets of what's on hand for now.

OP
OP
LoneRNGR

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I hung the rifle behind the seat with some cheap nylon rope (87 cents on clearance at Harbor Freight).
Update: Rifle is still there an none the worse for wear. FYI, I do have a slick sided upper receiver on it and that really helps.

Ericrcif

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariant FX4
Occupation
Retired
Okay. I tried a different pew-pew with a scope. Definitely will NOT fit.
IMG_1744.JPG

Someone mentioned a lever-pew. I tried this one, which is relatively small, but the seatback wouldn't close. Springs in the seat press against the pew-pew keeping it from latching securely. It could probably be adjusted to clear the springs, but the cheap AR is probably my best option, otherwise, this isn't a very good pew-pew storage area.
IMG_1746.JPG

Oh, and if there is anything wrong with the pew-pews, let me know. I've got time to fix them. :sunglasses:
Bummer, you had me thinking of doing this but all my AR's have foward assists and one a scope. Maybe I'll try one of my AK's.?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
It's the bolt mounts for the auto feeder belt feed to the roof mount mini's

1617408367338.png

:angel:

OP
OP
LoneRNGR

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Bummer, you had me thinking of doing this but all my AR's have foward assists and one a scope.
As a recreational shooter, I have never actually had an issue where I needed the forward assist. Get a slick sided upper receiver. Unless you are a lefty, they are fine. I don't really want a scope on a gun I'm going to tote around in the truck.

Spence's bumper sticker

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ranger Lariat FX4, '17 Edge Sport
Occupation
Security Analyst + USN
I am imagining another use for these mounting points. Here is a quick mock-up with zip-ties. So far, the only issue is when I close the backseat, the front sight pops up.

Edit: Lowered the front a bit and that keeps the pop-up sight from "popping" up.
You thinking you'd just cut the zip ties when it's go time? I was thinking about maybe using some kind of hook to hang the rifle.
Sponsored