First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I am not a fan of people who leave unsecured weapons in their vehicle. While not directly to be faulted for a criminal doing criminal things, with that said, it is merely my opinion that it is highly irresponsible. This mainly stems that I am the one who has to deal with the aftermath when its stolen.
I agree. The firearm pictured in the above post is placed there for transport only. The only firearm that stays in my Ranger is locked in a safe and my truck is parked in a garage at my home and a secured lot at my work.
Sponsored

MountainGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
The RFID boxes/latches I get from Amazon are made for opening and closing (swing in/swing out) type of setups. For a sliding drawer you would need to get one designed with a plunger type locking mechanism.

I had considered going electromagnetic lock, but decided against it so the truck did not have to be powered on to access the contents.
Hornady has an RFID rapid AR lockbox for the non-fabricators but all the reviews are pretty bad. From the RFID being picky to a guy opening it with a ballpoint pen.

This isn't RFID but is battery powered with a push button lock and looks like it would mount to the back wall pretty nice.
https://www.secureitgunstorage.com/product/fast-box-model-47-vertical-bundle/

JoeDirt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger xlt
My setup, used a molle panel for mags and velcro straps to secure the rifle to the panel. I used the bolts for the baby seat hooks to attach it. Then secured the rifle to the truck using a bike cable looped through the mag well and around the rear seat metal.

IMG_20210915_182730.jpg

Another angle with a different gun.

dwejhVF.jpeg

DHMag

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew cab, 22 Wrangler Willys
What about under the rear seat bottom ? (Not the storage cubbies) has anyone peeled away the fabric to see what kind of space is there ? If there is space there, a door could be added with RFID access.

Im picking up a dedicated truck gun next week, so I am interested in this.
Sponsored