First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tremor, 2006 LJ Rubicon, 2013 Ram 3500 dually
Occupation
Retired Machinist/Fabricator
Some Valet driver dinged my rear bumper just enough to touch the sheetmetal on one side, so I just bought an ARB bumper & put it on. My daughter is in the hospital & I was parked in their lot, some lady tried to swing a 1 ton van in those tiny parking places & clipped my front end, the amazing thing is, she called security & reported it & her insurance is paying for it. She could have just driven off and was very apologetic, I just thanked her for doing the right thing & not to worry about it. That's 2500 bucks worth of damage.
IMG_1784.JPG

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
Some Valet driver dinged my rear bumper just enough to touch the sheetmetal on one side, so I just bought an ARB bumper & put it on. My daughter is in the hospital & I was parked in their lot, some lady tried to swing a 1 ton van in those tiny parking places & clipped my front end, the amazing thing is, she called security & reported it & her insurance is paying for it. She could have just driven off and was very apologetic, I just thanked her for doing the right thing & not to worry about it. That's 2500 bucks worth of damage.
IMG_1784.JPG
Hi Mike hope your daughter is safe and well! Stinks about the damage on the truck but it is fixable at least.

OP
OP
veedubtuner

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 VW R32/2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks, OP. Hope you can just replace damaged exterior pieces and move on.
Pretty sure that's the case. I do believe my rear bumper actually has a bend/dent, so I doubt that's reusable....at least for my OCDness 🤣. I plan to get a few estimates this week and go from there. Thanks everyone for the well wishes. :like:

And hope everyone has a happy and SAFE 4th.

nolan62

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
IT Engineer
One of the nasty parts of an accident is the hit you take on your rig that you won't be compensated for. The vehicle will now be in that Carfax data base. Only way for that not to cost you is just drive it till the wheels fall off.
Good luck on the repairs.
In some states, like mine, you can sue the other guy's insurance for depreciation of your vehicle after an accident. (GA)

btsmith52

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger, 2016 Ford Fusion
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
People just follow too close to pickup trucks in small cars with no ability to see what's happening beyond the larger truck. When someone gets too close, I just leave a lot of space between myself and the car in front.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
In some states, like mine, you can sue the other guy's insurance for depreciation of your vehicle after an accident. (GA)
AZ is the same. But you're on your own when you do this and your insurance company is out of the picture to back you. I thought I was going to have to do this when I was in the accident with my '19. Luckily they totaled it and I had full replacement value.

OP
OP
veedubtuner

veedubtuner

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 VW R32/2023 CG XLT Scab FX4 Ranger
Occupation
VW Parts
Vehicle Showcase
Got one estimate back from our sister store, $2508.82. Waiting on my friends shop for their quote. Not too bad. And I called the Ford distribution center here in town this morning and all parts are (currently) available. :like:

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Yes. Both the TG and Damper are fine and work good :like:
Wait , both of those cant be true , if the TG is fine and working properly (raises and lowers without any resistance in either direction and can be done quickly instead of just waiting around for it to finally happen) then the Damper must have been damaged or knocked off in crash , IF THAT IS THE CASE , you should start feeling more manly and may regain some arm strength ... you'll certainly regain some respect...