Warranty will be void. (leveling kit content)

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans
the numbers they have are specific for a stock truck

2. Verify the front and rear ride height is within specification per Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 204- 00. Is the ride height within specification? (1). Yes - proceed to Step 3. (2). No - this article does not apply. Refer to WSM, Section 204-00 for further diagnostics.

If it is not stock height, then is it really Fords responsibility to fix your out of alignment situation?
they cant possibly use their resources/money/engineering staff to test and reconfigure for every aftermarket lift kit out there. They may have for RC because they install it, but thats really a stretch for them to become liable for any one elses kit.

So, with that being said, complain to your levelling kit provider and make them come up with a solution. Perhaps its the same solution, and instead of 5.5 degrees, it's 6 or whatever. Ford is only responsible for the unmodified truck as they designed it and delivered.
Ultimately what needs to be done is the pinion angle, as measured at the yoke at 90°, needs to match the transmission output angle as measured at the yoke at 90°. Ford's measurement in 20-2277 assumes everything is put together perfectly and stock ride height. Not sure why they make it hard on people with leveled Rangers.
Sponsored

MoldyTaco

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
College Professor
Both dealers near me said my Eibach kit would not effect my factory warranty at all. They said would not cover the parts though, which I totally understand that. I agree with others find another dealer.

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
If you ran into an issue where you thought the kit would cause you grief, you could always take it off again, as much as that might be a PITA.

Phrosty

First Name
Phrosty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Fx4 2020
Occupation
Security
That's where your dealership is wrong! Just because you put the eibach leveling kit on does not mean your warranty is void automatically. The part of the warranty that will be void is the shocks and struts because obviously they are not under Ford. As for the rest of the truck you should be just fine. How do I know this? Well I ended up installing the old man emu lift on my truck and my warranty is still intact. Did it change my suspension? Absolutely and those parts on the suspension are not necessary going to be covered because they are by old man emu. The Ford parts are still going to be okay because they are still within the normal range that they are supposed to be for operation in a safe manner. The dealerships cannot tell me I installed it incorrectly because I know I installed it correctly. In order for them to not cover it they also have to prove that the leveling kit caused the damage.
Listen to Frenchy he is correct. Only the part you replace or modify becomes unwarranty.

SknyGny

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
I put on a 2" level and like others said, warranty is still good.
Know someone at Ford in Michigan. Some thins will, depends on the extent of changes.

Jamesb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, Build Date 12/19
Occupation
Engineering
the numbers they have are specific for a stock truck

2. Verify the front and rear ride height is within specification per Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 204- 00. Is the ride height within specification? (1). Yes - proceed to Step 3. (2). No - this article does not apply. Refer to WSM, Section 204-00 for further diagnostics.

If it is not stock height, then is it really Fords responsibility to fix your out of alignment situation?
they cant possibly use their resources/money/engineering staff to test and reconfigure for every aftermarket lift kit out there. They may have for RC because they install it, but thats really a stretch for them to become liable for any one elses kit.

So, with that being said, complain to your levelling kit provider and make them come up with a solution. Perhaps its the same solution, and instead of 5.5 degrees, it's 6 or whatever. Ford is only responsible for the unmodified truck as they designed it and delivered.
Hey Ranger Pride: Which dealer do you do your servicing through and are you happy? I haven't needed anything done just yet as my Ranger only has 1300Kms on it but would be interested if you have a recommendation for one in the lower mainland.
Sponsored