First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f 150/2020 Polaris sportsman
Occupation
retired tin knocker local 12 Pittsburgh
today is jan 18 2021 been to the day 1 month that i ordered a 2021 ranger . low n behold today i got the vin#for the truck keep you posted on build date
Sponsored

OP
OP

slickville dave

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
today is jan 18 2021 been to the day 1 month that i ordered a 2021 ranger . low n behold today i got the vin#for the truck keep you posted on build date
ok update called ford motor co. customer help line got build date of 2/22/21 that info wasn't available to me on search your build web page by vin. # they probably do not update that info daily. so next time i post will be ship date or if iam lucky they will move my build up on there list. i need that truck by 4/14/21 not looking good. thanks to all for your input and comments.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
got build date of 2/22/21
i need that truck by 4/14/21
I ordered the end of October 2020, had a build date of mid-January. My truck arrived at the dealer (Atlanta area) last Wednesday 1/20. It was built and delivered ahead of schedule, so don't panic yet :)

truck.jpg

OP
OP

slickville dave

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I ordered the end of October 2020, had a build date of mid-January. My truck arrived at the dealer (Atlanta area) last Wednesday 1/20. It was built and delivered ahead of schedule, so don't panic yet :)

truck.jpg
thank ill try cant wait to see it

OP
OP

slickville dave

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
got the build date from ford customer help line. still not on the tracking web page been 3 weeks ill keep yens in the loop

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
got the build date from ford customer help line. still not on the tracking web page been 3 weeks ill keep yens in the loop
If you have a VIN, it should be on the tracking website - UNLESS it is a dealer order I believe. Do you know if it was a dealer order? Dealer orders can only be tracked by the dealer on the internal tracking system.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I ordered mine on Sept. 01, 2020, and it arrived on Dec. 06, 2020. It was a long wait for sure.

OP
OP

slickville dave

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If you have a VIN, it should be on the tracking website - UNLESS it is a dealer order I believe. Do you know if it was a dealer order? Dealer orders can only be tracked by the dealer on the internal tracking system.
i have a vin.# and i shows up on tracking site. but it seems stuck right there i wont show build date on tracking page. i got a very nice lady at for she said my build date is 2 /22 / 21 been 3 weeks site says ordered no build date ?? they dont seem to update site

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i have a vin.# and i shows up on tracking site. but it seems stuck right there i wont show build date on tracking page. i got a very nice lady at for she said my build date is 2 /22 / 21 been 3 weeks site says ordered no build date ?? they dont seem to update site
The tracking site won't show your build date. It will only show it going thru the steps. About a week or so before your build date your window sticker will appear and a couple of days after your build date it will change to "built" and then "shipped". The ETA on the tracking site is usually rather pessimistic and most people seem to have gotten theirs before the date the tracking site shows.

It is a long wait, but it will be worth it once you get it.

OP
OP

slickville dave

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The tracking site won't show your build date. It will only show it going thru the steps. About a week or so before your build date your window sticker will appear and a couple of days after your build date it will change to "built" and then "shipped". The ETA on the tracking site is usually rather pessimistic and most people seem to have gotten theirs before the date the tracking site shows.

It is a long wait, but it will be worth it once you get it.
very good news

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
very good news
Here is a snippet of the complete status of my truck back in 2019 (I was fortunate to get a screen shot of this from a Ford insider when I finally got my truck). I ordered it on 12/23, it was entered into/accepted in the system on 12/26:

1612200215078.png

You will see large gaps - those are when nothing is happening - it is basically just waiting to be built. When you get closer to your build date, you will see things changing on the status site.

The "scheduled to week" is when the VIN was assigned and the "scheduled to date" was when I got my actual build date. "Sent to plant" was about the date my window sticker appeared online and the rest are pretty self explanatory. It took 20 days from the time it was actually shipped until I got it. Yours should come faster since you are closer to the plant.

Good luck and make sure you post a photo when you get it!

ProtonDecay

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Seems like a lot of variables. Dealer placed my order at end-Nov-20, got window sticker about two weeks back, but no other dates until last Friday, when Scheduled for Prod was updated. Then this morning, the truck shows as built on 31-Jan and is currently in Shipped - estimate is now 12-28 days. My sales rep has been really good the whole time and gave me lots of heads up that my build would take longer than most (SCabs, as a much smaller proportion of sales, are given a line (the line?) less often).

1612205764443.png

OP
OP

slickville dave

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Here is a snippet of the complete status of my truck back in 2019 (I was fortunate to get a screen shot of this from a Ford insider when I finally got my truck). I ordered it on 12/23, it was entered into/accepted in the system on 12/26:

1612200215078.png

You will see large gaps - those are when nothing is happening - it is basically just waiting to be built. When you get closer to your build date, you will see things changing on the status site.

The "scheduled to week" is when the VIN was assigned and the "scheduled to date" was when I got my actual build date. "Sent to plant" was about the date my window sticker appeared online and the rest are pretty self explanatory. It took 20 days from the time it was actually shipped until I got it. Yours should come faster since you are closer to the plant.

Good luck and make sure you post a photo when you get it!
thanks