First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
well to day got the call my trucks here so pick it up tuesday 3 /9 /21 cant wait
ok. It’s 9am here on 3/9/2021. So where are the pics of the smiling new owner with his new ride?

I have 2 weeks to wait for my order to be made.
Sponsored

OP
OP

slickville dave

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f 150/2020 Polaris sportsman
Occupation
retired tin knocker local 12 Pittsburgh
ok. It’s 9am here on 3/9/2021. So where are the pics of the smiling new owner with his new ride?

I have 2 weeks to wait for my order to be made.
iam not sure how to put pics on here ill get my kid to help truck looks great 1 stupid thing i saw .(went to dealer today looked at one on the lot )the plastic flashing on rear bumper touch's the bottom edge of tail gate when its down so am i crazy but that is not correct

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
iam not sure how to put pics on here ill get my kid to help truck looks great 1 stupid thing i saw .(went to dealer today looked at one on the lot )the plastic flashing on rear bumper touch's the bottom edge of tail gate when its down so am i crazy but that is not correct
My plastic trim was popped out on one side. It's held in by plastic pins. I pushed forward along the trim to properly seat the pins. After that, it clears.

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
iam not sure how to put pics on here ill get my kid to help
This is one of the easier forums that I deal with for putting pics up. No third-party file hosting service needed! (I probably just spoke Greek to you, but your kid will explain it! :p )

1. Open up your picture on your computer using whatever photo program you use
  2. Right-click your picture and "copy"
  3. Come back to where you are typing your reply here on Ranger5g and right-click and "paste"

Simple as that! Let's see that truck!

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unicycle.
Occupation
I make electricity
If the pic is already on your phone. In the reply box where you write to this post look at the picture icon. It’s two icons left from the smiley face. Just touch that and hit the drop image here box and select “photo library”. That get into your phone pics. Find the pic and select it to put on this post. No need in copy and past.

PL8SWPR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT, '18 Mustang GT, '14 Ford Explorer

If I am understanding what you mean, mine does the same thing in the center of the tailgate. I also thought it was strange.

OP
OP

slickville dave

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If I am understanding what you mean, mine does the same thing in the center of the tailgate. I also thought it was strange.
went to the dealer looked at one on his lot same way .doesn't seam right any one else have this ???

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
went to the dealer looked at one on his lot same way .doesn't seam right any one else have this ???
Hi Dave,

I know it is close as several folks complain about a rear license plate bezel hitting the tailgate.

I do not have the issue, but also do not have a receiver hitch on my Ranger.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

RogerRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
Retired
today is jan 18 2021 been to the day 1 month that i ordered a 2021 ranger . low n behold today i got the vin#for the truck keep you posted on build date
Question, on the tracking site - what did it report for your order date?

I placed my order with the dealer on 1/29 but the Ford site reports the order was confirmed by Ford on 3/4.

That's five weeks after I placed my order, did yours show a delay like that?

Frio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat

I placed my order with the dealer on 1/29 but the Ford site reports the order was confirmed by Ford on 3/4.

Wow, not sure why the big discrepancy. Mine shows the same date I ordered from the dealer (Feb17).

1616781081811.png

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase

I would guess your dealer didn't put your order in when you ordered it. I understand that is not uncommon. When I ordered mine (on a Saturday), Ford acknowledged it the following Monday.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I would guess your dealer didn't put your order in when you ordered it. I understand that is not uncommon. When I ordered mine (on a Saturday), Ford acknowledged it the following Monday.
My salesman said their Inventory Manager only submits orders once each week on Wednesday.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
My salesman said their Inventory Manager only submits orders once each week on Wednesday.
I would guess it was more than a week late. From what I know, once the order has been entered, it is accepted pretty quickly by Ford. I mis-spoke earlier - I ordered on a Saturday and Ford accepted it the following Wednesday - but I did it right before Christmas. This is what my experience was, and I know it was pre-covid, but it was early in the production of the Ranger - they were still ramping up. I've seen others with very similar experiences:

Ordered at Dealer 12/22/2018
Accepted at Ford 12/26/2018
VIN Assigned 1/18/2019
Window Sticker Available 3/8/2019
Blend Date 3/16/2019
Production Complete 3/19/2019

I would be really surprised if it was not the case that your dealer just didn't order it when they said they did.

OP
OP

slickville dave

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I would guess it was more than a week late. From what I know, once the order has been entered, it is accepted pretty quickly by Ford. I mis-spoke earlier - I ordered on a Saturday and Ford accepted it the following Wednesday - but I did it right before Christmas. This is what my experience was, and I know it was pre-covid, but it was early in the production of the Ranger - they were still ramping up. I've seen others with very similar experiences:

Ordered at Dealer 12/22/2018
Accepted at Ford 12/26/2018
VIN Assigned 1/18/2019
Window Sticker Available 3/8/2019
Blend Date 3/16/2019
Production Complete 3/19/2019

I would be really surprised if it was not the case that your dealer just didn't order it when they said they did.
the track your vin # site is not real accurate. or should i say updated daily .if you ask your dealer to track it they can tell you very close to real time where your build is at. once my truck was built it took 15 days to land at dealer ship waiting is the worst part . good luck

RogerRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
Retired
Yeah, I've asked the dealer to look into it, but there was almost five week delay between my order to the dealer and what the Ford system shows as when they received it, so I'm pretty sure they screwed it up.

Heads up to folks putting in an order - make sure you tell the dealer in no uncertain terms to put the order in to Ford asap.
Sponsored