First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Try Toyo, they are the only tire I have ever had to hold balance with mods. With any mod there are consequences sometimes more than others. But hey what do I know? I’ve been there done that many times, you may try balance beads and if that doesn’t solve it then you have a real issue elsewhere… just a troubleshooting tip..
Sponsored

canyonslicker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
65 YO Juvenile Delinquent
Try Toyo, they are the only tire I have ever had to hold balance with mods. With any mod there are consequences sometimes more than others. But hey what do I know? I’ve been there done that many times, you may try balance beads and if that doesn’t solve it then you have a real issue elsewhere… just a troubleshooting tip..
Hell using balance beads you can even eliminate wheel weights… just sayin’..

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
So the new tires fixed it until you got home after a trip ? ?? That's odd , how many miles was it "fixed" ?

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
It's BACK. So pissed. Took a 5500 mile trip to California. New K02s felt , well OK. Came home. Feels like I've got snow inside the wheel again. All speeds. Horrible at 70mph.
Looking for another vehicle.
Might have thrown the weights off.

I get mine balanced every 5K and mark the location of the weights
I also remove the weights and clean the wheels each time before I take it in for rebalancing.
I’ve noticed weights missing more than once. If properly cleaned the stick-on weights usually stay on but they use clip-ons on the outer rim, those are usually missing or have moved.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
. If properly cleaned the stick-on weights usually stay on but they use clip-ons on the outer rim, those are usually missing or have moved.
Bigtime if your off road , spinning to get out of ruts and such...

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
My suggestion is to have the tires and wheels checked with a road Force balancer when installing new tires I tried to balance them with the road Force just to make sure it's going to be set.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
So the new tires fixed it until you got home after a trip ? ?? That's odd , how many miles was it "fixed" ?
I had a set of Generals (the OEM tire) on my '79 Dodge W250 that I bought new. Shortly after, I picked up a vibration and the dealer determined that in one or more tires the belts or plys were defective. I got a new set of Generals under warranty. Within 5,000miles, the juddering was back and I sold the truck, '79 gas crunch and all anyway.

OP
OP
MIBuckeye

MIBuckeye

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Not really odd considering I was pulling 2000lbs and had maybe 500lbs in the bed. Certainly, the geometry and physics changed when that all got removed. Also was off road in some pretty nasty stuff for hundreds of those miles...Im going to look into the simple things like balancing yet again. It would only be maybe the tenth balance in 20k miles. Just tiring...

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Not really odd considering I was pulling 2000lbs and had maybe 500lbs in the bed. Certainly, the geometry and physics changed when that all got removed. Also was off road in some pretty nasty stuff for hundreds of those miles...Im going to look into the simple things like balancing yet again. It would only be maybe the tenth balance in 20k miles. Just tiring...
But , new tires did fix it ? 100 % ?

OP
OP
MIBuckeye

MIBuckeye

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor

I get mine balanced every 5K and mark the location of the weights
I also remove the weights and clean the wheels each time before I take it in for rebalancing.
I’ve noticed weights missing more than once. If properly cleaned the stick-on weights usually stay on but they use clip-ons on the outer rim, those are usually missing or have moved.
You win! Found a .5 Oz weight in the driveway and they were just balanced by the dealer. Both fronts .5oz off. I believe I did it when I powerwashed the ton of crud from my trip. ;)
Sponsored