Vibration/Shaking issue getting worse. 9k miles.

RobmJ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
I know there are other threads regarding this issue so if that bothers you, feel free to leave now.

Hey y'all,
So I wanted to make a thread regarding the vibration issue. I just got my truck back from Ford and they were very dismissive about it and said they didn't feel anything which is complete BS. My truck vibrates/shakes badly at 40mph and at higher speeds as well.. It seems like it started coming on around 7k miles and now its noticeably worse. I wanted to ask if anyones had any success at a dealership fixing this issue.

From the other threads , I've gathered that its likely to be a driveshaft timing or phase issue? What I couldn't find on the threads is anyone with a successful fix. I am desperately trying to find a fix because I cannot live with it, its annoying as hell. I don't want to have to sell so if anyone can give some insight or suggestions, id appreciate it. I can confirm its 100% not a tire balance issue. This is my first Ford vehicle, so im not sure how aggressive they are in terms of recalls and standing behind their products.

Help.
Sponsored

LightingBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fx4 off-road Larit Supercab (2019)
Get a service tech to ride along with you while you drive. You replicate the problem on the road while they observe. Get verbal confirmation on that drive that they are feeling the issue.

Then they write up those facts and get a copy of that printed out for documentation purposes.
If you can get them to do that, plan on leaving the car with them for a bit while they check it out (ie: ignore it for a week then call you back that they couldn't replicate)

Then you'll probably have to do the same procedure with the service advisor in the car instead of the tech.

At least that was the song and dance pre-covid.... What you can get done now, i'm not 100% sure. They probably have rules against ride-a-longs at this time.

Birdtrd

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Lariat, 2014 BRZ
Occupation
IT
I know there are other threads regarding this issue so if that bothers you, feel free to leave now.

Hey y'all,
So I wanted to make a thread regarding the vibration issue. I just got my truck back from Ford and they were very dismissive about it and said they didn't feel anything which is complete BS. My truck vibrates/shakes badly at 40mph and at higher speeds as well.. It seems like it started coming on around 7k miles and now its noticeably worse. I wanted to ask if anyones had any success at a dealership fixing this issue.

From the other threads , I've gathered that its likely to be a driveshaft timing or phase issue? What I couldn't find on the threads is anyone with a successful fix. I am desperately trying to find a fix because I cannot live with it, its annoying as hell. I don't want to have to sell so if anyone can give some insight or suggestions, id appreciate it. I can confirm its 100% not a tire balance issue. This is my first Ford vehicle, so im not sure how aggressive they are in terms of recalls and standing behind their products.

Help.
I'm having a similar issue with mine. Actually called the salesman on my way home from picking it up to let him know. Took it into my local Ford dealership (selling dealer was an hour away) and they re-balanced the wheels but that only changed (slightly) where I was feeling the vibrations. I can start to feel it at 40, obvious at 65 but lessens at 75, then at 80-85 you can see the passenger seat shaking. I have another appointment next Tuesday to have the tech ride along so we'll see how that goes.

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
I'm having a similar issue with mine. Actually called the salesman on my way home from picking it up to let him know. Took it into my local Ford dealership (selling dealer was an hour away) and they re-balanced the wheels but that only changed (slightly) where I was feeling the vibrations. I can start to feel it at 40, obvious at 65 but lessens at 75, then at 80-85 you can see the passenger seat shaking. I have another appointment next Tuesday to have the tech ride along so we'll see how that goes.
Sounds like it could be a shifted belt in a tire. Not sure if you Had considered this. But something like this can show good on a balancing machine, but once under load the problem presents itself. Just a thought.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT

Hey y'all,

Help.

After looking into this issue in the AU market I found that they had been experiencing the same issues when lifting the rear suspension. When comparing the AU suspension to the NA version it seems that Ford basically gave us a 1.5-2" rear lift, and did not account for this in the drive-line. This seems to have introduced the vibration in the drive-line. Since the NA center bearing is setup differently than the AU model and their kit would not work, I went with a different type of shim. So far after adding them the vibration at acceleration and at freeway speeds have been eliminated.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/vibration-at-take-off.2092/page-7

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Wheel balancing?

I’ve thrown weights off, got one off now. Thus shouldn’t be an issue but it’s one I’ve had.

Poe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Pretty much any speed and any RPM, Worst is 35-45 and 55-70
Having the same issue, had it back to dealer 3 times They say they ballanced the tires (Not sure if I believe it) and now say nothing wrong..... I can even feel it in the drivers seat. I am getting to the point where I don't even want to drive my new truck with 1900 miles on it.
Stock brigestones and I have been trying different air pressures, at 30 lbs it is a rough ride, at 35 right now and might try higher.
I love the truck but the vibration is killing me.....

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty much any speed and any RPM, Worst is 35-45 and 55-70
Having the same issue, had it back to dealer 3 times They say they ballanced the tires (Not sure if I believe it) and now say nothing wrong..... I can even feel it in the drivers seat. I am getting to the point where I don't even want to drive my new truck with 1900 miles on it.
Stock brigestones and I have been trying different air pressures, at 30 lbs it is a rough ride, at 35 right now and might try higher.
I love the truck but the vibration is killing me.....
Hi Poe,

The dealership techs have instrumentation to help identify issues such as this. They should be able to radar in on tire balance, driveshaft imbalance etc. It might be that you need another dealership to address this. Call Ford Customer Service and open up a formal complaint. This is an avenue to a dealer billing against a complaint. You might have a couple different issues that manifest themselves in similar fashion. The NVH instrumentation should help with diagnosis. Sad you are experiencing this.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

StarLord

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX4
So a noticeable shake at 40mph and other speeds. Does it change with RPM? Someone else stated "No" in their experience.

Tire pressures are solid and have been checked. You'd see more uneven wear VS a shake or shimmy.

Sounds like an alignment issue to me honestly. I'd get them to check that.

Delaminating tire could be a think.. But Id put my money on an alignment.

Poe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Retired Electrician
First off I would like to thank you phil

So here is my update,I hope it helps others

Called ford and made appointment with local dealer and they cancelled the day before because they did not have another ranger to compare to....(Really that is what the service manager said) so I made a appointment with dealer 30-45 minutes away. They called today and said ford has a TSB for some rangers with driveshaft issues. He said it just came out yesterday but I am not sure.
They have the tool to check angle and shims on order to see if that is my problem, it will be a week or so.
Will update later

Viator092

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BMW 440i, 15 VW Golf TDI, 19 Ford Ranger Lariat
Following. I have the Ford Performance Lift. Grab a copy of the TSB and post here please.
Sponsored