Very first next-gen 2023 Ford Ranger prototype!

Lost19Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 PKG
Occupation
Sales
I like the idea of the new ranger look! However, practicality is best and for me to replace the headlight housing or the bumper or the grill etc. looks like it will be a fight. So although aesthetically pleasing it will be cool to see how easy mods are and price wise!
Sponsored

Craig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
That’s a shame. I’ll be looking at a Tacoma or Frontier for my next truck then.
Why? Both employ a V6 with less total output and capability than the 2.3T, get worse mileage and still can't tow as much and have lower cargo capacities. Not to mention that Toyota still thinks drum brakes are acceptable in a modern pickup truck and Nissan hasn't updated the Frontier since Bush II was in office.

I'm assuming it's a pride issue then? ?‍♂

Abjectwoe

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Why? Both employ a V6 with less total output and capability than the 2.3T, get worse mileage and still can't tow as much and have lower cargo capacities. Not to mention that Toyota still thinks drum brakes are acceptable in a modern pickup truck and Nissan hasn't updated the Frontier since Bush II was in office.

I'm assuming it's a pride issue then? ?‍♂
A pride issue? You know what they say about making assumptions...

Try the lack of port injection. I own a 2020 Ranger and have had nothing but good experiences. Doesn't mean I'm not concerned about the 2.3L longterm.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
A pride issue? You know what they say about making assumptions...

Try the lack of port injection. I own a 2020 Ranger and have had nothing but good experiences. Doesn't mean I'm not concerned about the 2.3L longterm.
Asking a question is not an assumption. ?

However, if you're suggesting that port injection is superior to direct injection, well that explains why you're okay with purchasing a new truck in the 21st century that still uses drum brakes yet costs over $40,000. Enjoy your Taco.

Abjectwoe

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Asking a question is not an assumption. ?

However, if you're suggesting that port injection is superior to direct injection, well that explains why you're okay with purchasing a new truck in the 21st century that still uses drum brakes yet costs over $40,000. Enjoy your Taco.
You literally said yourself you are making an assumption.

I can upgrade the brakes on a tacoma with ease, can you add port injection to the 2.3l easily?

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

Shelby American

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby American GT350
Occupation
Retired
That’s a shame. I’ll be looking at a Tacoma or Frontier for my next truck then.
I just ordered a the tremor, and I love the size of these trucks. Looks like the 6Gen will be much closer to the F150 size. Won't be nearly as nimble off road.

Shelby American

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby American GT350
Occupation
Retired
I just ordered a tremor, and I love the size of these trucks. Looks like the 6Gen will be much closer to the F150 size. Won't be nearly as nimble off road.
Not sure if anyone said this but it looks like they're addressing the poor rear end suspension by adding more leafs to the pack...
Like in the Tremor package

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Confirmed from the inside...Gen6 Ranger is a square brick (zero plan view) just like the CGI images all over the net much like the Maverick...
It's all good. If ford tries to sell me an ugly oversized truck I just won't buy it. :) I'm sure someone else will so win-win for everybody.

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT,1998 Ford Ranger XLT
Well if they don't have that long wierd trim piece in the middle it's not too shabby. Still not buying a gen 6 new

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
One thing we know - Ford Europe pledged to be all electric or hybrid by 2026, including Ranger. Many of the latest prototype photos seen in Australia and US include those with the yellow circle window sticker, which in recent years has always meant a hybrid test vehicle. Fairly certainly the T6.2 Ranger will have a hybrid option; Bronco will have one coming for sure. The move to T6.2 means it's not a completely new platform; it's the same version of the T6 the Bronco uses. That almost guarantees the 2.7 will be available, even if only on some type of high level performance package. The continued use of the T6 platform and the means it's unlikely there will be longer wheel bases or something that will give us the option of crew with 6 foot bed, especially since Toyota no longer offers that option on the Tacoma.
Sponsored