John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I do a lot of highway and I'm very interested to try this mod
This is an old thread and there are others so it helps to be informed. Some members have bought one then took them off - why I don't know but their loss can be your gain if you keep an eye out - you might pick up one cheap.

Other mods to the stance, tuning and engine will also affect results but mostly driving habits. I suspect those who claim no improvement may have altered other aspects of their truck to minimize gain and others are relying on an inaccurate mileage computer more than carefully hand calculating. Seasonal gas formulas affect mileage and a lot of folks put one on when winter gas blends were switched and mileage suffers then regardless.

Some are getting way better mileage than I ever have altogether but then I'm normally not driving with MPGs in mind.

Most of the information in this thread is anecdotal although many have shared their data. My improvements have remained consistently better than pre-Big Mouth even though I've switched fuel sources and changed where I operate. I took a slight hit when I raised the front to get more level but have still gotten more efficiency.
Screenshot_20240211-114027.jpg

Last edited:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I bought one when they first came out. They offered them at a big discount to get them out there. I tried tracking my mileage an testing it an if there was any improvement it was half a mpg on the highway. I knew I was going to tune my truck an wanted to see if it helped feed air to the airbox.

gwhalin

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Retired
I never noticed any effect one way or the other with mine but recently had a friend back his boat into my grille and smash up the grill and the big mouth (and my intercooler) so when I fixed/replaced everything I didn’t bother to replace the big mouth.
Sponsored