Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab 4x4
Occupation
IT
Ok... Here's my result:

Since I converted to NTFS - it's been auto playing from USB nearly every time.... when I say nearly , it reverted to FM radio twice since then..... not 100% fix but its like 95%....

OP
OP
BlackRanger01

BlackRanger01

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
I'll try exFAT next. It's been auto resuming every time since my last post but I'm sure it will do it again, just very rarely now.

OP
OP
BlackRanger01

BlackRanger01

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Well,

Formatted as exFAT and it's having issues again. Just like FAT32. I will reformat as NTFS and try again soon. Meanwhile I think I will just use my phone to play music as it's perfect and it mutes my music if i need to text someone with speech to text.

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
Mine did it yesterday. Ran an errand and when I came back to the truck it switched to Sirius.?

First time on the new truck. It's not the end of the world, but the Grand Cherokee I traded went back to USB every time. If FCA can do it why can't Ford?

I think on my 19 I tried the few songs in the root and that did it too. Don't remember for sure - I tried a lot of things.
FCA :crackup: :giggle: You have a very good point

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Had it playing from USB while running errands yesterday. 2 out of 3 stops didn't resume.

Wondering if the mix of FLAC and MP3 files causes the slow startup. The 1 time it resumed was very quickly after starting the truck. I'll try a smaller 64GB drive with all MP3s and see if that's any better.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Formatted as exFAT and it's having issues again. Just like FAT32. I will reformat as NTFS and try again soon. Meanwhile I think I will just use my phone to play music as it's perfect and it mutes my music if i need to text someone with speech to text.
I always use my phone and it's iffy about reconnecting to that (sometimes works fine, sometimes decides there's no BT source and drops to FM right before announcing that the phone has connected). It's not the USB drive, it's the slow startup of the sync system--which is why chasing folk remedies for the USB startup issues is a lost cause.

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64GB drive all MP3s. Today 3 out of 4 fails. Maybe next update...

Ninda

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco TS, 2008 Ranger XLT, 2020 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Traveling Tourist
I use an apple Ipod and never have any issues. Stops when truck is turned off, and starts on where the last song was playing at when truck is turned on every time.
It also shows which song is playing and by who. also can control the ipod through the steering wheel controls.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Guess I'm just lucky mine restarts where every I left it. If it's on the USB it starts the song whete it left off.

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use mostly Sirius , but wanted to see if I could get reliable resume from USB, so for the past week or so I've kept it on USB, except when it doesn't resume.

I went back to my 256GB mixed FLAC/MP3 USB drive. I forced a reindex and turned off Gracenotes.

If I just turn off the truck it's under 50% resume on restart and switches to Sirius. Probably closer to 25% success.

If I turn off the radio before exiting the truck and turn it back on after Sync gets booted it's 100% resume. Unfortunately, I'm old and usually forget to turn it off.

Annoying but not the end of the world. Sync 3 is usually relatively slow starting. Seems like it looks for the USB drive too soon. Odd that it's not 100% fail or work. I guess there will be another update some day that might help.

The worst part is knowing that FCA can make this work.:crying:

OP
OP
BlackRanger01

BlackRanger01

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
OK I did a lot of testing.

USB stick formatted as NTFS is only thing that is working fine - always resumed every time i start the truck. It even starts playing resuming while FORD Logo is showing - doesn't happen all the time though..

If i format it as FAT32 or exFAT, it has issues resuming almost every time I start the truck and I'd have to tap SOURCE then USB stick.

Odd it is but that's my finding. I'm no longer using my phone for BT streaming anymore.
Sponsored