First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Dont I feel like an ass. This was the problem. I was pressing the wrong buttons. Thank you all who responded. Especially rparge for being able to see my dickheadedness!!!
Hey, don't feel bad. I was going to change shocks and someone told me to lower my tire pressure! :)
Sponsored

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Dont I feel like an ass. This was the problem. I was pressing the wrong buttons. Thank you all who responded. Especially rparge for being able to see my dickheadedness!!!
Pressing the wrong button? I can't imagine. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: My strategy? Just keep pressing buttons. Sooner or later you will get the one you want.

1618783068834.png

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Don’t feel bad. I just learned something new myself. Thanks! :like:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Pressing the wrong button? I can't imagine. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: My strategy? Just keep pressing buttons. Sooner or later you will get the one you want.

1618783068834.png
Greg, the problem (a good one) is you have to many Ford vehicles. :giggle: You would think they would set the steering wheel controls up the same just for this instance though?

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Greg, the problem (a good one) is you have to many Ford vehicles. :giggle: You would think they would set the steering wheel controls up the same just for this instance though?
As you might guess, that is not the first time I have heard that. :wink:

OP
OP

Turbotom1052

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Screw
Occupation
Retired

1618783068834.png
Well I suppose I would have eventually gotten around to pressing them all. I only took delivery of the truck on Saturday evening. I didn't get to spend much time with the resident tech guy at the dealership.

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Well I suppose I would have eventually gotten around to pressing them all. I only took delivery of the truck on Saturday evening. I didn't get to spend much time with the resident tech guy at the dealership.
Normally the owners manual would be your friend but the Ranger one is not the best. It is helpful but has some mistakes. You can get any question answered on this forum as you have seen.

Enjoy your Ranger and welcome to the group.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Normally the owners manual would be your friend but the Ranger one is not the best. It is helpful but has some mistakes. You can get any question answered on this forum as you have seen.

Enjoy your Ranger and welcome to the group.
Hi Gregg,

I can say that that the owner's manual is Piss Poor. Who ever signed off on this manual prior to publication need a demotion to floor scrubber for the lousy editing job and the inexcusable omissions in this manual...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I've lamented the fact that the buttons are on opposite sides on my 2 Ford's.

But I think I understand it now. On the manual volume and track are on the left with cruise on the right. Because you may want to turn up the tunes or change songs while shifting and won't be messing with cruise while doing so. But on the auto it's the opposite. Because most folks are right handed and we mess with music more.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Hi Gregg,

I can say that that the owner's manual is Piss Poor. Who ever signed off on this manual prior to publication need a demotion to floor scrubber for the lousy editing job and the inexcusable omissions in this manual...

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Ain't that the truth? I would usually read the manuals cover to cover, but on this buy I haven't done that. But, the times I've tried to find information I was like "why it is so hard to find information in this thing?"

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Hi Gregg,

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Phil,
If you think what our higher education systems are graduating these days you’re seeing the results of that in technical publications like this. What really amazes me is some of the job candidates right out of college I interview for hire. It’s amazing some of them can tie their shoes let alone resolve a simple problem. Especially when it involves math or simple reasoning without feelings!

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
1618755709935.png

This is the button, it doubles as the phone, do these not work?
This forum is great! It already saved me the trouble of reading the manual to look into this. :)

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
This is the wheel on my Ranger...
snapshot.jpgrt whl.jpg

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Admin
Right. On the Lariat it uses that top panel to control the digital readouts in the instrument cluster, so it doubles up the uses on the bottom panel. The phone controls double as the track select.
Sponsored